Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any of you handsome devils want to put pocket clips on my Spirits?

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Title says it all. I've got two Spirits (one stainless and one black oxide) and two Leatherman pocket clips (one stainless and one black oxide) and I would love someone to do the necessary work to attach the pocket clips to the Spirits.

I can pay...something reasonable  ;)

(I don't want to insult anyone or lowball the figure, I've never paid for a mod before so keep that in mind. $20-$30 total for both the mods?  ??? More than that and I would just buy the kit and do it myself. I think.  ::))

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Now I'm not exactly in the know, but I would be expecting to pay a little more than that I think.

Might be worth having a crack yourself.  :)  At least it would be something of your own.
I'm back!!

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Title says it all. I've got two Spirits (one stainless and one black oxide) and two Leatherman pocket clips (one stainless and one black oxide) and I would love someone to do the necessary work to attach the pocket clips to the Spirits.

I can pay...something reasonable  ;)

(I don't want to insult anyone or lowball the figure, I've never paid for a mod before so keep that in mind. $20-$30 total for both the mods?  ??? More than that and I would just buy the kit and do it myself. I think.  ::))

I suppose it is kind of rude to dictate what I would pay for a service. If anyone wants to have a shot at doing one or both of them send me a PM, I won't be able to do it myself for a few months so there's some time on this.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I'd be happy to do up the stainless one for you Spoon.  :)

But the black oxide one (shudder) I'm a little scared of. The black scratches so easily....and it would be almost impossible to avoid scratches while clamping the tool to drill and tap the pin hole.  :-\  Even more of a challenge is the pocket clip; cutting it off and buffing the cut smooth would leave that whole end shiny. :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
PM on the way.

Point taken on the BO one. I'll shelve that idea for the time being and see what else I can come up with. The purpose of the BO Spirit was to allow me to carry at work. Situation is this: I wear slacks and a dress shirt so I can't have a sheath and a multi-tool in the pocket moves too much and makes my legs look funny. The best solution I've found is to clip my BO Kick mod inside my waistband. It works because I tend to wear darker shirts and the finish blends in, it looks very obvious and weird with a stainless tool though.

Maybe I wear a stainless-steel colored shirt at work? Could be hot.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Why not just carry a Skeletool CX and a SAK or something!
B

ca Offline jzmtl

PM on the way.

Point taken on the BO one. I'll shelve that idea for the time being and see what else I can come up with. The purpose of the BO Spirit was to allow me to carry at work. Situation is this: I wear slacks and a dress shirt so I can't have a sheath and a multi-tool in the pocket moves too much and makes my legs look funny. The best solution I've found is to clip my BO Kick mod inside my waistband. It works because I tend to wear darker shirts and the finish blends in, it looks very obvious and weird with a stainless tool though.

Maybe I wear a stainless-steel colored shirt at work? Could be hot.

I've seen stainless steel thread woven wallet, wonder if you could get a shirt in that stuff. Cut resistant too!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Perhaps a stylish chain mail shirt would be something to consider Spoon? No one would ever notice a clipped multitool if you walked into a room dressed like this: :D

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
 :D

That's what I was picturing in my head. Wearing that I could tuck a Surge in my little leather belt and no one would bat an eye!

ca Offline jzmtl

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Go get thy mail and gambeson lad! :D

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
I want one with a clip too but I don't carry a tool enough to warrant one with a clip :P would get me to carry my Spirit more though.

Offline Leatherman123

What about a BO LM pocket clip on a SS Spirit? It wouldn't look AMAZING, but it wouldn't be as noticeable I don;t think.. I may have a few of them somewhere!
B

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
 :gimme: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99