Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Quick fix for Leatherman Surge Pocket Clip

hu Offline Mangyang

Quick fix for Leatherman Surge Pocket Clip
on: December 08, 2022, 12:56:06 PM
Ok the subject is like this because I’d like to help those who might Google on it.
Surge CLIP, my kind of solution. Which isnt mine really. I’ve read somewhere that they glued a piece of zip tie inside the handle to prevent the clip from moving so freaking much. The cable tie is soft therefore it gets loose over a few months simply from wearing and handling the tool. Aluminium is also too soft so I rather went with a piece of scrap steel. I cut it to size and used some super glue to attach it. The piece of steel needs to be 1 mm thick but less than 1,1. To be able to fit under the clips little leg. Watch the pictures! I recommend using a gel type of glue because the fully liquid type will make a mess of your tool like mine. I used a toothpick to drop some drops of the glue at the right place. It also helped with the positioning. It is not an elegant solution but it will work for a loong time. Also spilled glue prevents rust on the tool. Just joking. Still true. I didnt find a better way to fix this crap. Please Let me know if you know a better solution.
There is another similar way to solve this problem. Using a right sized piece of strong magnet at the same place. That way you dont need to apply glue. Downside is that you magnetize the tool. At least I didn’t want to do it.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Quick fix for Leatherman Surge Pocket Clip
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 02:22:03 PM
A good solution for those that clip carry the Surge, Mang :salute: :like: :like:

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Quick fix for Leatherman Surge Pocket Clip
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 04:25:26 PM
I glued a small piece in all of mine.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16