Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cybertool bit driver on 111mm SAK

Offline honnusddet

Cybertool bit driver on 111mm SAK
on: July 06, 2023, 07:01:39 PM
Hello!  I just joined the forum and hoping that someone here may be able to help with a question I have regarding modding a 111mm workchamp. Has anyone successfully added a bit driver & bit holder that you’d find on a 91mm cyber tool to a 111mm SAK? I’m going about replacing the stock workchamp blade with a OHO blade, but really love the bit driver my cybertool. When thinking about how this could be possible, I see potential issues with the pin positions & and back springs being too different between 91mm vs 111mm SAKs. Is this something that is realistically possible?  Thanks in advance for any help here!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Cybertool bit driver on 111mm SAK
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 07:32:00 PM
It could be done, but you'd need at least two, maybe three 111mm backsprings for the CT layer, and they would have to be modified to match the CT driver.

Also the bit holder part would have to be modified as it would be too short for the CT driver to sit on it when closed, and the CT driver would fall into the layer and be hart do open. Maybe 3D printing a new, longer one that could hold more bits.

And you'd need new pins as the existing ones would be way to short for the added layers.

It sounds like an interesting mod I'd love to see done. I don't think it was done before but maybe some other members have more info

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 07:32:40 PM
Oh, and welcome to the forum. :waving: Enjoy your stay. :)

Offline honnusddet

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 07:48:54 PM
It could be done, but you'd need at least two, maybe three 111mm backsprings for the CT layer, and they would have to be modified to match the CT driver.

This is really good insight, thank you! I’m thinking maybe the standard non-OHO blade back springs could be good here since they have a similar 90* stop. Also they may be the cheapest to source 😁 (quickly finding out this is not a cheap hobby lol).

Also the bit holder part would have to be modified as it would be too short for the CT driver to sit on it when closed, and the CT driver would fall into the layer and be hart do open. Maybe 3D printing a new, longer one that could hold more bits.

Yea I was thinking I’d have to 3D print a new bit holder. It’s a good idea though to make a larger one for more bits.

Offline Jan Charouz

• New User
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 12:54:18 PM
Has anyone attempted this? If it works, I'd make one as well. :-)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%