Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cybertool 111m mod (with OHO and locking blade)

Offline honnusddet

Cybertool 111m mod (with OHO and locking blade)
on: July 25, 2023, 04:38:51 AM
Hey following up on a prior post I made about modding a 111mm SAK to include the cybertool bit driver found on 91mm SAKs. I finally finished it and figured I’d share it here.  I attached some pictures of the finished product. Overall I’m pretty happy with it, as I LOVE my cybertool lite, but always wanted a OHO and locking blade. The 111m cybertool obviously ended up being a bit longer and heavier than the CT Lite, but I did get it to be a bit slimmer (albeit with less tools). 

If anyone is curious I sourced the parts from a work champ, sentinel, and cybertool M; but you can vary this depending on what tools you want. What you’ll need for the bit driver is a cybertool (obviously), 2 backsprings from a 111m blade and/or saw (can’t be a backspring with a corkscrew/awl/etc), and you’ll need to 3D print a new bit holder (happy to share my STL or fusion 360 file if anyone wants it). The backsprings will need to be modified with a grinder/dremel/belt sander to properly accommodate the bit driver, but be careful as there isn’t alot of margin for error.

I also bought the 111m plus scales from swiss bianco which I’m pretty happy with, as a pen slot is a must have for me. I know that I’m supposed to epoxy these on, but I only press fit them since I’m not entirely sure how everything will hold up, and in case I find an issue and need to open it up again. If anyone knows of a way to attach aluminum scales in a manner that is reasonably removable, please let me know.

If you want to attempt this mod and have any questions feel free to ask!

us Offline variable

Re: Cybertool 111m mod (with OHO and locking blade)
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 08:52:10 AM
Wow, that is a cool build. VERY well executed!  :like:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 04:46:49 PM
Outstanding mod  :tu: :tu: :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Online Enginears

Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 02:11:35 AM
Wow! Awesome work!  :drool:This looks like an incredibly capable tool.

Offline honnusddet

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 05:25:16 AM
Thanks variable, pa_strunk, and Enginears! Much appreciated!

us Offline variable

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 06:41:22 AM
@honnusddet, You gave me the inspiration to re-mod my Swiss Army Knife.   :salute:

Look forward to seeing more of your mods!  :popcorn:

Offline honnusddet

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 03:10:28 PM
@variable, really appreciate the kind words!

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 27, 2023, 07:19:49 PM
Excellent build, nicely done! And welcome to :MTO:

Offline honnusddet

Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 04:09:57 PM
Hey all. Looking to get advice from the good folks at this forum. One thing that is bothering me about this build in the small inline Philips that shares the same layer as the scissors. Since I added the cybertool bit driver, the stand alone Philips driver is kind of redundant. I’m thinking of maybe grinding this into a chisel (not super useful to me), but wondering if anyone has any ideas on other things I can try to turn the Philips bit into. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 11:30:14 PM
Hey all. Looking to get advice from the good folks at this forum. One thing that is bothering me about this build in the small inline Philips that shares the same layer as the scissors. Since I added the cybertool bit driver, the stand alone Philips driver is kind of redundant. I’m thinking of maybe grinding this into a chisel (not super useful to me), but wondering if anyone has any ideas on other things I can try to turn the Philips bit into. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!
Marlinspike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failing that, just keep it. I always find bit-drivers just that little bit wobbly, which can be an issue for some peope in some situations.

Also, if you keep it as a Phillips, you could ditch one of the Phillips bits and carry another bit that may be of more use - You've kept a slotted driver with the bottle opener, so maybe ditch the No2/Slotted bit and include a different Hex or Torx one?
I always worry about encountering a situation where the one speSmurfpillst bit I need is the one I chose not to include...

Offline honnusddet

Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 11:54:39 PM
Marlinspike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failing that, just keep it. I always find bit-drivers just that little bit wobbly, which can be an issue for some peope in some situations.

Also, if you keep it as a Phillips, you could ditch one of the Phillips bits and carry another bit that may be of more use - You've kept a slotted driver with the bottle opener, so maybe ditch the No2/Slotted bit and include a different Hex or Torx one?
I always worry about encountering a situation where the one speSmurfpillst bit I need is the one I chose not to include...

I’m not too familiar with a Marlin spike. I’d probably only use it to untie knots, but I’ve used the corkscrew for that as well. You make some good arguments for just keeping it though. I could end up ditching the smaller pozi drive bit for something more useful. Thanks for the input, really appreciate it!

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #11 on: July 29, 2023, 03:37:07 AM
Marlinspikes are useful as general pokey things, for splicing rope, opening shackles, and various other things. Corkscrews work great on paracord knots, but for thicker ropes a markinspike is a more appropriate size.
The awl on a Wenger is a prettyy darn good mini-marlinspike, which is where Vic's sharp-edged awl loses points in that regard.

I'm more inclined to keep it as described, though, especially as the dedicated 111mm marlinspke on the Skipper Pro is far better if you need such a tool anyway.

Offline ComboTool

Reply #12 on: July 29, 2023, 02:16:16 PM

+1 vote to keep it, the extra reach is great for toys and small appliances.

us Offline variable

Reply #13 on: July 31, 2023, 05:33:04 AM
+1 Keep the inline Philips.

Offline Jan Charouz

• New User
Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 01:00:09 PM
Really nice mod! I might go for it as well, if i find another cybertool at a good price. Did you share the bit holder on any 3D print repositories? One question about that- did you not manage to fit more bits with the extra space?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%