Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Megapro Original 15-in-1

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Megapro Original 15-in-1
on: April 07, 2024, 12:29:29 AM
Recently found this one for next-to-nothing at a local junk/antique store today. Been wanting to try a Megapro for ages.

The "Cully" on it confused me, as I originally thought that was the model name. Nope--it's a brand of fasteners/screws, and they sell a rebranded version for about 50% more than Megapro as the Cully 37200.

I really like how the bits are housed. It's much easier than a separate holder or having to deal with pulling out and swapping around nut drivers and bits in my Klein.

All seven double-ended bits are there. Little bit rusty though. Doubt it was ever used.

I can now see why Megapro is a pretty well-known name. I like the handle, and the fact that it's not very bulky for the size--and switching bits is no longer fiddly. Plus, I have a warranty that covers just about everything with it.  This is going to become my go-to screwdriver, but I'm not sure how I'll carry it. Thinking about buying the belt pouch, as opposed to putting it in my toolbag. But, we have a leathercrafter here locally, and I'm sure something better than factory could be made.

For those curious on how much I paid--three bucks. Megapro's MSRP is $30.99, and the Cully version $45 from most fastener suppliers.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 12:40:02 AM by cody6268 »

us Online powernoodle

Re: Megapro Original 15-in-1
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 01:54:11 AM
Nice find, sir.   :cheers:  :like:

I love self-contained drivers like this one.  MTs and SAKs are easier to carry, but a real driver like this is so much easier to use.

Here is one of my faves (Amazon link):  https://tinyurl.com/ezfejxfz

us Offline cody6268

Re: Megapro Original 15-in-1
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 05:23:49 PM
Nice find, sir.   :cheers:  :like:

I love self-contained drivers like this one.  MTs and SAKs are easier to carry, but a real driver like this is so much easier to use.

Here is one of my faves (Amazon link):  https://tinyurl.com/ezfejxfz

Thanks. Looks pretty decent for the price. Heading out next week to dump some change into the Coinstar in exchange for an Amazon gift card, and will likely end up spending it on tools anyway.

Trying to find one no bigger than my Picquic Dash 7 (which fits in a pocket great), but has a better handle. The Picquic won't take double-ended bits--just standard 2" impact bits.  Currently, the Wera Kraftform Kompakt with a customized bit load is lookiing like probably the best option.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%