Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Awl Substitute for Leatherman Signal

Offline Hederix

• New User
Awl Substitute for Leatherman Signal
on: April 21, 2024, 10:06:22 AM
Hey guys, first time poster here! I’m looking to achieve a fully Australian-legal Leatherman Signal and would love some suggestions for tools that will easily replace the awl. Currently, I just have a washer in there so it’d be great to fill the space with an actual tool.

Accessibility (cost and easy to purchase online) and ease of installation (without any additional modifications such as drilling/dremelling etc.) are my priorities – doesn’t really matter what the tool is.

Tysm!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Awl Substitute for Leatherman Signal
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 03:58:35 PM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

A flat driver from a Wave or Rebar or perhaps the Micro Bit driver should work in there, space is kind of limited for height, so it does limit the options :think: I have never modded a Signal though and most do keep the awl, so I haven't personally seen anyone replace it :think: either way, good luck and I hope you can find something to your liking :salute: also, let us know what you do end up deciding and pics are always awesome :like: :woohoo:

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 06:01:25 PM
Welcome, Hederix!   :cheers:

Offline Hederix

• New User
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 09:10:52 AM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

A flat driver from a Wave or Rebar or perhaps the Micro Bit driver should work in there, space is kind of limited for height, so it does limit the options :think: I have never modded a Signal though and most do keep the awl, so I haven't personally seen anyone replace it :think: either way, good luck and I hope you can find something to your liking :salute: also, let us know what you do end up deciding and pics are always awesome :like: :woohoo:

Thanks for the reply! Just wish someone on here would’ve tested it because these parts are not cheap to order in, and would be ridiculously expensive to ship back to China (Aliexpress)/US, so trying them out isn’t really an option for me 😣

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%