Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jerry Seinfeld's EDC

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Jerry Seinfeld's EDC
on: May 02, 2024, 12:23:45 AM

Come on Jerry, use that star power for good and bring the Exec back for us!

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: Jerry Seinfeld's EDC
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 12:56:02 PM
   Remember the poll which asked what knife you carry along with your SAK?  I was a little surprised that only a couple of members said their auxiliary carry was a 74 or 84mm.  To read the posts here, you would be lead to believe that the 74 (and 84) size was enormously popular and only the Scrooges at Ibach deprived everyone of their availability. 
   I suppose the sales numbers wouldn't support these in-between sizes.  It doesn't make them any less useful.  I wonder how long the remaining 65mm models will hold on?  Best wishes.  G
 :salute:

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 02:16:44 PM
I think the reason more people didn't carry the 74s is that (even before they were discontinued) they were kind of hard to find. You could get a Classic or a Tinker at Wally world. 74s weren't common even at specialty stores. They also had no tool commonality with the other sizes, which couldn't have been great for manufacturing costs. Although don't they still make the golf tool, which I think uses some of them...

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 03:33:02 PM
    Tinker and Classic are the only SAKs at the Walmart near my house, too.  You can have any color you want as long as you want red.  Kmart had Wenger before they closed.  The poll listed 74 and 84 as the supplementary carry choices together, so it isn't certain that anyone carried a 74.  Could have been two 84s?  Or two 74s just as easily. 
     It seems like I had a 74mm years ago.  I just don't remember.  Might have been an 84.  Best wishes.  G

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%