Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Built another 58mm with Storage Compartment

us Offline lazar

Built another 58mm with Storage Compartment
on: May 02, 2024, 04:33:08 PM
I thought I had posted this one, but guess I didn't.  Anyways, did another 58mm build with a storage compartment layer.  I has a Spyderco Ladybug blade, the ruler was modded into a saw and the cuticle pusher was ground down to a round chisel point.  Made the brass scales with tweezer and toothpick cutouts.  All the tools were acid etched and brass washed.  My brother was messing with it and couldn't open the storage compartment with his nails.  I guess his nails are too weak and short, so I added nail nicks this time since I'm selling it and I won't be the end user.  Also found that four 1gram silver bars fit nicely in the compartment.  Utilized a different spring for the mechanism as well.  Went with a coil spring this time.

If you would like to see a video of this one, link is below:
https://youtu.be/bv4ltCp9I4I?si=h6A-SwZxlXQLofTi

Enjoy!

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Re: Built another 58mm with Storage Compartment
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 06:24:08 PM
Very cool.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 06:37:12 PM
Yeah,,, that is cool. Never considered stashing precious metals in a SAK. Slide 4 individual grams of 24k gold in there and you'd be set for emergency bartering.

Slide in some nitroglycerine pills in there as backups,,,, or aspirin. So many legitimate uses.

:like:
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline lazar

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 10:56:19 PM
Very cool.
Yeah,,, that is cool. Never considered stashing precious metals in a SAK. Slide 4 individual grams of 24k gold in there and you'd be set for emergency bartering.

Slide in some nitroglycerine pills in there as backups,,,, or aspirin. So many legitimate uses.

:like:

Thank you Gentlemen.  I helped my brother build one with storage and he was able to fit one 1gm gold bar and four 1gm silver bars.  I don't have any 1gm gold bars, but I bet you could fit 6 of them in there, since they are a bit smaller than the silver bars.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%