Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Executive?

Poncho65 · 309 · 37108

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Victorinox Executive?
Reply #150 on: September 24, 2016, 10:03:33 PM
Mine doesn't live on my keys but it is go to live in my pocket all day today and maybe tomorrow :cheers:

fi Offline Padre

Reply #151 on: November 01, 2016, 03:07:11 PM
Been searching for one and looking at this thread didn't help at all trying to forget it. I had one long time ago in late 80s but lost it. I just cannot find any in reasonable cost with shipping counted in. Some day...   :)
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #152 on: November 01, 2016, 03:18:19 PM
Been searching for one and looking at this thread didn't help at all trying to forget it. I had one long time ago in late 80s but lost it. I just cannot find any in reasonable cost with shipping counted in. Some day...   :)

They are very good for there size for sure :tu: I have neglected mine lately for bigger more feature dense models :whistle: :D I think I may give it some pocket time this weekend or if I go out anywhere after works in the evening this week  :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #153 on: November 01, 2016, 06:10:31 PM
Getting constant pocket time as of late, it's going to be the whole winter with me for sure.

Appreciating it much more now!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #154 on: November 01, 2016, 07:19:20 PM
Getting constant pocket time as of late, it's going to be the whole winter with me for sure.

(Image removed from quote.)
Appreciating it much more now!

Glad it is getting pocket time Peacent :like: The Executive is truly a great SAK :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

fi Offline Padre

Reply #155 on: November 01, 2016, 07:38:08 PM
Nice pic Peacent!
 :tu:
Did you fix yours or get a new one?
Or was it you that had problems with the scissors?
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #156 on: November 02, 2016, 12:49:36 PM
I like mine,  but ye scissor spring keeps moving to the side,  and off the scissors which quickly collapses the scissors,  and doesn't let them reopen. Does anyone else have this problem?  This doesn't happen with my money clip which is the same  size. This issue causes enough frustration that I don't carry the knife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The "newer" scissors have a groove under the moving handle for the spring to follow (this design change was some years ago). The old scissors do not and the spring rides on the flat. If the spring is twisted or otherwise malformed slightly it may not track the moving handle well. On the old scissors without the groove it will slip off more easily. The design change was made to address this problem. The more it slips off and gets crunched, the more it can become deformed which increases occurrence frequency. First thing to check is how tight the scissors are. If they're loose enough, the lateral movement of the moving handle can be part of the problem. The scissors are robust to this, so if anything it's a contributor, not the proximate cause. Scissors with screws are simpler to deal with using a jewelers driver. Riveted scissors are not so simple. It takes a flat punch or pin drift (not a pointed center punch), small hammer and a small anvil (like the kind found on the back of a small jewelers bench vise). Peening the rivet with the hammer and flat punch should be done lightly, very, very gradually tightening it. Make the rivet too tight and you'll have a devil of a time getting it to loosen up.

I've had the spring alignment problem with some older 91mm, and on one occasion with an old 58mm. Takes some patience and a small pair of jeweler size needle nose with smooth jaws to adjust the spring mounting and reform its shape. If you don't have or cannot get a pair with smooth jaws, pad serrated jaws with soft cloth. The serrations can nick a spring creating a weak spot. Do this when you have sufficient time to work at it methodically. Patience and careful observation are key. First thing to look for is whether its attachment is centered in the hole and the first part of it from there to the bend lines up with the fixed handle. The next thing to observe is how well the end of the spring tracks on the moving handle. I've had springs line up perfectly when the scissors jaws are open and the end move laterally halfway off the scissors handle when the jaws are closed. Usual issue is a twisted spring, sometimes twisted at the sharp bend in the middle where the spring flexes the most. The first few times I did this it took a while to observe the effect various tweaks made on spring tracking. If all else fails in aligning one to track correctly, throw in the towel and replace the spring. I've never had to do that, but came very close to it with a Deluxe Tinker that was delivered with a badly twisted spring.

John

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #157 on: November 02, 2016, 01:32:54 PM
This just arrived.
I'm not allowed to use it cos I'm on a 111mm diet but I can gawp at it. (Check out the amazing German tongue-twister, "Funkenerosionsmaschinenen"!)

Thanks Ebay!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #158 on: November 02, 2016, 02:27:15 PM
I read it as Funken-erosions-machine-nen.  :facepalm:

Nice one!
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #159 on: November 02, 2016, 02:30:32 PM
It's the longest word I've ever seen on a SAK!

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #160 on: November 02, 2016, 02:46:25 PM

Especially awesome that they did it as an inlay... you could forgive them if they'd cheaped out and screen printed a word like that :)

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #161 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:17 PM

That is some long word :o Thanks for sharing a pic of it :like:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #162 on: November 02, 2016, 04:10:56 PM
"(Check out the amazing German tongue-twister, "Funkenerosionsmaschinenen"!)"

Wow I'm an idiot. Pablo is right, I've stuck an extra syllable on the end.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #163 on: November 02, 2016, 05:38:59 PM
Nice pic Peacent!
 :tu:
Did you fix yours or get a new one?
Or was it you that had problems with the scissors?

Yeah I had one with broken scissors.

But I got another one three months ago for $8, a very nice deal I couldn't pass, and an excuse to put my old and ffaithful Executive to rest in peace on my shelf.

Now I use the broken one at home, and EDC the newer.

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #164 on: November 02, 2016, 09:38:27 PM
Glad to hear that the retired one still gets use :cheers:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #165 on: November 02, 2016, 10:17:51 PM

"(Check out the amazing German tongue-twister, "Funkenerosionsmaschinenen"!)"

Wow I'm an idiot. Pablo is right, I've stuck an extra syllable on the end.
I actually completely missed that until you pointed it out.  :doh: :doh: :doh:
Its like the bananana thing, right?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:18:53 PM by Pablo O'Brien »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline irona

Reply #166 on: November 07, 2016, 01:47:31 AM
I'd like to get my hands on one if just for the orange peeler. It looks like it could be used for a number of miscellaneous and creative things, like the can opener on a 91/84 mm vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #167 on: November 07, 2016, 03:57:04 AM
I'd like to get my hands on one if just for the orange peeler. It looks like it could be used for a number of miscellaneous and creative things, like the can opener on a 91/84 mm vic.

I will vouch for the orange peeler as an awesome orange peeler :o :D It is a very sharp implement that probably doesn't need a screwdriver on the end of it :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

us Offline irona

Reply #168 on: November 07, 2016, 03:59:18 AM

I will vouch for the orange peeler as an awesome orange peeler :o :D It is a very sharp implement that probably doesn't need a screwdriver on the end of it :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D
I can also vouch that the package opener also makes a decent orange peeler, although you have to be careful not to cut into the actual orange

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #169 on: February 09, 2017, 05:09:28 AM
Had this with me the other day and thought it would make a good pic or 2 :D

20170204_150106 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170204_150031 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170204_150344 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #170 on: February 09, 2017, 09:53:33 AM
Now this one is probably the only sak i bought exclusively because of Macgyver and that orange peeler. I carried mine for a while some years ago, while the orange peeler is great for a number of things, I just couldn't live without my 91mm sak tools ( especially drivers) and the executive is too big to carry as a secondary sak, so I gave it to my wife and it's been her purse pal ever since  ;)
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

it Offline Mini

Reply #171 on: May 22, 2017, 10:42:53 AM
I was not really interested to this knife, because I can't figure its use, but when I purchased one I feel   that it's a good companion and now I prefer it to the 58mm vic. In the pocket disappear, I like to have two blade, the bigger can be used for food and the other for opening packages. The screwdriver work only with little philips, but regularly I'm adding to my Victorinox the four screwdriver of the swiss card. Also has the scissor, that is the tool that I used too much.  Sometimes  I missed the bottle opener, so probably I will add something  on the keychain.

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #172 on: May 22, 2017, 12:17:39 PM
Yet another great SAK that I have neglected to carry that was a very great companion for many years :tu: :like: :like: I will have to get it out and carry it at least on weekends after thw challenge :salute: :like:

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #173 on: May 22, 2017, 12:29:00 PM
The Executive has been my EDC knife for as long as I can remember.  Much of that time, it was the only blade I had with me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #174 on: May 22, 2017, 04:13:19 PM
I was not really interested to this knife, because I can't figure its use, but when I purchased one I feel   that it's a good companion and now I prefer it to the 58mm vic. In the pocket disappear, I like to have two blade, the bigger can be used for food and the other for opening packages. The screwdriver work only with little philips, but regularly I'm adding to my Victorinox the four screwdriver of the swiss card. Also has the scissor, that is the tool that I used too much.  Sometimes  I missed the bottle opener, so probably I will add something  on the keychain.

always nice to see another convert to this awesome, unmatched SAKs        :salute:

My toys:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #175 on: May 22, 2017, 04:34:01 PM
I do wished that they would expand on this size of knife and add some more tools to it :facepalm: :o

Going back to the beginning of this thread I have said similar things and my mind has remained unchanged in this aspect  :tu:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #176 on: May 22, 2017, 05:18:28 PM
I do wished that they would expand on this size of knife and add some more tools to it :facepalm: :o

Going back to the beginning of this thread I have said similar things and my mind has remained unchanged in this aspect  :tu:

That's always been my feeling on the executive. To me, and this is just my own feelings, it seems a little too in between. I'd probably be more interested if they replaced the orange peeler with a made to scale combo tool. and reshape that nail file tip for a flat Phillips driver. But even with just the combo tool added, I could see it in my pocket edc.

Edit to add; As it is, if I feel like going light and compact for a day, I just carry a 58mm and with the couple tools I carry in my wallet, I can still deal with larger flat and phillips screws and open a can if need be with my old army P-38. The little 58's blade still opens boxes and cuts any string/cord that needs cutting. I've since added a Victorinox quatro screw driver to my wallet and it works very well on screws. Just a little small if you have to twist hard on a rusty screw, but manageable.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:31:39 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #177 on: May 22, 2017, 05:21:13 PM

That's always been my feeling on the executive. To me, and this is just my own feelings, it seems a little too in between. I'd probably be more interested if they replaced the orange peeler with a made to scale combo tool. and reshape that nail file tip for a flat Phillips driver. But even with just the combo tool added, I could see it in my pocket edc.

I have used the end of the file to tighten many a philips screw over the years :cheers: :tu:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:24:14 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #178 on: May 22, 2017, 05:36:14 PM

I would love to see a combo tool on the Excutive.  I like the file however either add a cutting edge to the other side or ruler markings, seems like such an opportunity.  I also thought about a larger version of the phillips/bottle opener thats on the Manager.  Man that would be awesome.    The Executive is a tweener for sure.  I use it as a companion tool mostly but I've carried it as my one tool and I do like it.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #179 on: May 22, 2017, 05:38:15 PM

I have used the end of the file to tighten many a philips screw over the years :cheers: :tu:

Oh, it'l work okay, depending if you're going clockwise or counter clockwise. The bevel makes it tricky. What I'd love to see them do is, make the end of the nail file  shaped like the flat phillips on the Victorinox quatro. A true Phillips driver for the real world. Almost everything is held together with Phillips these days, and I can't remember the last time I ran into a flat screw taking something apart to fix. The little quatro tool is so flat it fits in the zipper compartment of my wallet so it's not even noticeable. It and my P-38 goes right through airline security.

Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%