Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman warranty question

ca Offline cncguy

Leatherman warranty question
on: April 02, 2009, 01:02:09 AM
I wondering if anyone has sent a Sideclip or a Juice Kf4 back to Leatherman for warranty since they've been discontinued? Can they still do a repair or do they just replace them, and if they choose to replace, with what model do they replace them with?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman warranty question
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:34:07 AM
I haven't sent 1 in personally but if they have parts on hand at the time and you tell them 2 I think they try and fix it (at least with the Sideclip) the Kf4 is a Juice so I don't know how they do them being riveted together and all :D

But I have heard that the Kick is the replacement for the Sideclip :ahhh wouldn't that not be nice :o but I don't know what they replace a Kf4 with :think:

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:02:40 AM
I wonder if my BO Supertool would get back to me if I ever broke it...or would it be replaced with a Core?
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:44 PM
I wonder if my BO Supertool would get back to me if I ever broke it...or would it be replaced with a Core?

I'd certainly be interested if you wanted to try it  :pok:  :D
I'm back!!

Offline ratslash7

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 02:59:36 PM
I sent them a PST with the tip broken off the knife. I attached a not that said I would it to be repaired rather than replaced. Two weeks later I got it back with a new blade. They also polished and cleaned it. I wonder if they would have replaced it with a kick or something if I hadn't attached the note?

Dave
A

ca Offline cncguy

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:33:26 PM
Its good that they fixed your PST like that. I guess it depends if they still have parts for the tool. I wonder if they are still actually producing parts for the old tools for repair purposes, but I think that would be highly unlikely.

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:43 PM
When Sideclips came in for maintenance i only repaired them on special request, and only if i still had the necessary parts of course.
Problem for a while was that i only had one 5-wing torx bit left, and Leatherman did not send us new ones.
So when that torxbit broke we had to stop repairing everthing that used those screws.
AFAIK parts for Sideclips are no longer made, and as i had only a very limited amount of spare items i took old ones apart that were beyond repair and used those parts on other Sideclips.
Made a few oldtimers very happy that way, as they also did not want to part with their trusted Sideclips.

KF4's were not repaired due to the riveted construction, but replaced with other KF4's as the company still has a few in stock.
When these are left, the customer is given a call with the question what he or she would like to have in the same price class.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:29:02 PM by kwakster »

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:32:18 PM
When Sideclips came in for maintenance i only repaired them on special request, and only if i still had the necessary parts of course.
Problem for a while was that i only had one 5-wing torx bit left, and Leatherman did not send us new ones.
So when that torxbit broke we had to stop repairing everthing that used those screws.
AFAIK parts for Sideclips are no longer made, and as i had only a very limited amount of spare items i took old ones apart that were beyond repair and used those parts on other Sideclips.
Made a few oldtimers very happy that way, as they also did not want to part with their trusted Sideclips.

KF4's were not repaired due to the riveted construction, but replaced with other KF4's as the company still has a few in stock.
When these are left, the customer is given a call with the question what he or she would like to have in the same price class.

thanks for the tips :salute:
A

ca Offline cncguy

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:12:32 PM
Thanks Kwakster!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31