Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today? 352577

No Life Club Posts: 4,890
Re: What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
« Reply #5640 on: December 19, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »
  Earlier method did not work out so well as the coping saw blade was too tall to fit in the small grooves. So... dug out the Dremel tool and put on a fiberglass cut-off wheel. Reduced the height of the coping saw blade I had on hand, then used the flat side to make more uniform.

Anticipation was getting to me, and had the LED Lenser H7R.2 on the charger from earlier. Nothing more annoying than an intermittently flashing LED light when it is needed. <insert Grr emote>

So this took a few tries, maybe 4 or 5. Used the Crunch to get on the other end and I had to tug, wiggle, and pull. While using needle nosed pliers to keep the key protector open to see what was going on.

Then... PLOINK! Out came the key and fell onto the driveway. That was WAAAAY EASIER than I thought it would be! :woohoo:

And here's the broken key part that broke inside. Brought it indoors cause it was still snowing outside.

Thus, the early morning 'broken in the door' key removal tools. :D

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:21:22 PM by Outback in Idaho »
Just Bananas Posts: 70,481
« Reply #5641 on: December 19, 2019, 02:04:31 PM »
Nice work  :like: :tu:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
No Life Club Posts: 4,890
« Reply #5642 on: December 19, 2019, 02:24:53 PM »
Nice work  :like: :tu:

Thanks. Had tried with pins dipped in silicone sealant to friction pull the broken key out to no avail. Was using name tag wires with the ends bent to use as picks, but it got too cold to try. Then was reviewing video I posted again, looked online for other tools, when the idea stuck me to reduce the size of the blade. Did not need that much blade, obviously, and was surprised when the key flew out of the lock! Was so relieved as well. Bedtime now. :D
Just Bananas Posts: 70,481
« Reply #5643 on: December 19, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »
I bet you were well happy when
the key finally come out off the lock :woohoo:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,429
« Reply #5644 on: December 19, 2019, 04:41:19 PM »
 :iagree: :cheers:
Full Member Posts: 115
« Reply #5645 on: December 27, 2019, 11:20:41 PM »
  Earlier method did not work out so well as the coping saw blade was too tall to fit in the small grooves. So... dug out the Dremel tool and put on a fiberglass cut-off wheel. Reduced the height of the coping saw blade I had on hand, then used the flat side to make more uniform.

(Image removed from quote.)

Anticipation was getting to me, and had the LED Lenser H7R.2 on the charger from earlier. Nothing more annoying than an intermittently flashing LED light when it is needed. <insert Grr emote>

So this took a few tries, maybe 4 or 5. Used the Crunch to get on the other end and I had to tug, wiggle, and pull. While using needle nosed pliers to keep the key protector open to see what was going on.

Then... PLOINK! Out came the key and fell onto the driveway. That was WAAAAY EASIER than I thought it would be! :woohoo:

And here's the broken key part that broke inside. Brought it indoors cause it was still snowing outside.

Thus, the early morning 'broken in the door' key removal tools. :D

Taking the interior panel off a door is rather easy once you know how, everybody seems to think it's rocket surgery.  I would have just taken the lock off the door and fixed the problem on the workbench.  Well it is always good to know there is one more way to skin a cat. 
Now wrestling a power window regulator in and out that can be awkward, faster with practice, but still awkward.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: $256.00
PayPal Fees: $15.74
Net Balance: $240.26
Below Goal: $59.74
Site Currency: USD
80%