Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

90 Second Recharge?

665ae · 11 · 3152

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
90 Second Recharge?
on: August 31, 2009, 06:57:33 AM
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Re: 90 Second Recharge?
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:44:42 PM
At this moment our department is testing out one.  I took it out the other night and it is cool but has some things I do not like.  Blipping the light requires the switch be held down a little longer than I like, the quickest on/off the switch will cause the light to stay on.  The switch must be held in to activate the brightest setting, I would prefer the default to be the brightest setting.  The body is pretty chunky but it is light.  It also does not sit very well in my flashlight holder and can see it flopping out while running or wrestling.  Over-all I think its a great idea, but I would like to see a more refined body.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 06:43:06 PM
At this moment our department is testing out one.  I took it out the other night and it is cool but has some things I do not like.  Blipping the light requires the switch be held down a little longer than I like, the quickest on/off the switch will cause the light to stay on.  The switch must be held in to activate the brightest setting, I would prefer the default to be the brightest setting.  The body is pretty chunky but it is light.  It also does not sit very well in my flashlight holder and can see it flopping out while running or wrestling.  Over-all I think its a great idea, but I would like to see a more refined body.

Are you using the flashlight holder that comes with the light?  Or an older one you've had for a while?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:48:32 PM

Are you using the flashlight holder that comes with the light?  Or an older one you've had for a while?
No Im using my standard.  I guess I didnt check to see if there was one specifically for it.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 07:45:55 PM
I've read that fast recharging is not a good thing, not good for batteries.
maybe they have a new battery and method, didn't see.

I hope it works  ;)

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:51:03 PM
There are no batteries....someone correct me but I think its run on capacitors.

Offline geoemt

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:28:34 PM
Had the chance to play with that flashlight for a few minutes the other day @ a fire and rescue conference and I was impressed. The flashlight is very light because for the body of the flashlight they use the same material that Glock uses for the handguns, itreally charges in 90 seconds, but the flashlight is expensive, around $170.00  :o

The guys at 5.11 are still working on a smaller version of this flashlight (about the size of a Mini Maglie AA), they had it on display, but no word on the price.

http://www.511tactical.com/html511/static/LFLDemo.html

Regards
Guillermo
<

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 05:53:46 PM
Where is it made or assembled?
(

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:28 PM
I cant answer that....if I think of it Ill look for it tonight.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 11:08:55 PM

Website says imported... I'm guessing China.
Got those frog legs.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 01:27:51 AM

Website says imported... I'm guessing China.

Shocking!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD