Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Good Retail Sources?

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Good Retail Sources?
on: February 07, 2010, 01:02:41 AM
I have a collection of Leatherman tools with a Gerber here and there.  I picked up a SOG at of all places Lowes Home Improvement Store yesterday.  It's a Power Lock, but without scissors, it has a V-Slicer instead, and a leather case.  It says it was made with the construction/contractor man in mind.

So, I am wondering if anyone has any good retail sources they would like to share.  We have the standard fare up here like Dick's, Cabelas, Sports Authority.   I am going to take a ride tomorrow and check out Cabelas, I've already picked up a Leatherman Freestyle from there a while back.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: Good Retail Sources?
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:09:11 AM
Welcome to the forum  :cheers:

I'm sure some US members will drop in to share their answers with you shortly :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline valvestem125

Thanks for the Welcome.
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:09 AM
 :)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:34 AM
Wal Mart, Target and Kmart sell Gerber and Leatherman tools, and SAKs also although I've never seen any Vic plier based tools in any of those stores.

The best prices though can be found online.  Every brick and moarter store I've been in charges outrageous prices for their multitools.

EDIT:
Army surplus stores somethimes have a bunch of multitools...but again the ones I've seen have been expensive.  The good thing about surplus stores is sometimes you can find discontinued, rare or otherwise interesting tools that you might not find elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:20:22 AM by Anthony »
[

us Offline valvestem125

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:48:53 AM
Wal Mart, Target and Kmart sell Gerber and Leatherman tools, and SAKs also although I've never seen any Vic plier based tools in any of those stores.

The best prices though can be found online.  Every brick and moarter store I've been in charges outrageous prices for their multitools.

EDIT:
Army surplus stores somethimes have a bunch of multitools...but again the ones I've seen have been expensive.  The good thing about surplus stores is sometimes you can find discontinued, rare or otherwise interesting tools that you might not find elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply.  We have Super WalMarts around here and for some reason they don't carry and knives or multi-tools, they did at the old store though.  Target is the same, they may have a Juice or a Gerber now and then, but don't actively stock a good selection or keep up with the new releases.

Alas, no K-Marts in my area.

There is a so called Military surplus store I can check out, thanks for that tip, I would have never thought of them.

Offline daveim21

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:09:31 AM
i get all my tools from Amazon. I just got my SOG Powerlock s60-n marked down from $110 to $47. I also got my 25th anniversary wave for around $65.
:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:58:44 PM
The best places to buy anything of course are from the banner members or scanning edcsource.  ;)
I'm back!!

Offline geoemt

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:38 PM
If you have a COSTCO or SAM's Club membership check the tool section, sometimes they have Leathermans or SOGs combos at reasonable prices.

www.walmart.com has plenty of models from Leatherman, SOG, Victorinox, Gerber and many more, they can ship the tool, for free, to your local store.

Regards
Guillermo
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:22:42 PM by geoemt »
<

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 04:29:51 PM
If you have a COSTCO or SAM's Club membership check the tool section, sometimes they have Leathermans or SOGs combos at reasonable prices.

www.walmart.com has plenty of models from Leatherman, SOG, Victorinox, Gerber and many more, they can ship the tool, for free, to your local store.

Regards
Guillermo

Ok, Geo, just where is the tool section in a SAM's Club?  I've walked everywhere through mine and have yet to find it.  :ahhh

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 04:36:42 PM
Bass Pro also carries SOG knives and tools.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:16:03 AM
Check out the firearms / shooting range stores, too.   They usually carry knives, multitools, and flashlights.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%