Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My multitool pictures...

665ae · 18 · 2714

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
My multitool pictures...
on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:04 PM
With my current fascination with taking multitool pictures, I feel I need to explain something...

Feel free to use any of my pictures for any reviews, comments, reference, etc on THIS site (www.multitool.org).  If you're writing a review and would like me to try taking some pictures for it, just PM me and I'll try to get them taken if I have the tool.  I do not give anyone permission to use my pictures outside of this forum UNLESS it is used to ADVERTISE or INFORM about this site.  (www.multitool.org)  If you'd like to pay me in order to use my pictures outside of this forum, feel free to contact me.  I'll warn you though, I consider myself the best photographer that ever existed and I'm insanely expensive to hire  :grin:

If you have any picture requests please PM me or post something in one of the forums.  I'm having fun experimenting with my camera and the lightbox setup, and I'd like some suggestions as to what kind of pictures to post.

Also, if your getting sick of the pictures, let me know.  I'll try to calm down a little with them :)  (just a little though)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: My multitool pictures...
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:59:32 PM
Stop taking pictures?  :twak:  And one for anyone who thinks they need to see less pictures!  :twak:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:46:09 AM
Quit yer jawin' and go take us some more pictures.  :P  I'm looking forward to seeing the Switchplier next!  :grin:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:18:02 PM
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 08:02:05 PM
Good work Mikey!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 12:26:48 AM
  I'm having fun experimenting with my camera and the lightbox setup, and I'd like some suggestions as to what kind of pictures to post.

Here's one for you...some comparison pictures of the Leatherman Super Tool and a SOG PowerLock side by side.  I'd like to get an idea of size; I'm curious about having my SOG fir in that new sheath I got off of ebay :multi:

EDIT:And I'd like to see some close ups of the Super Tool...I never really "researched" that tool.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 03:34:51 AM
SuperTool or the 200?  I have both and can slap a few pics together if Mikey doesn't.

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 03:36:34 AM
SuperTool or the 200?  I have both and can slap a few pics together if Mikey doesn't.

Def

Just the plain ol' Super Tool.  From the review here it seems like a big one.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 03:39:53 AM
Yup... it's a big'un.

According to the Comparative Multitool Weight chart it's actually a little lighter than the PowerLock, and it's not quite as bulky, but it's a little thinner.

http://multitool.org/content/view/15/48/

I just looked again, and it seems that we only have the Super Tool 200 review up...?

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:44:18 AM
I assumed they were both similar in size...just a diffrent locking mechanism....kind of like the old Wave and new Wave...old Super Tool and new Super Tool..that may not make much sense, since I've only handled 1 out of the 4 tools I just mentioned ;D
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 03:45:24 AM
They are pretty much the same size.  You just threw me when you said we had a SuperTool review up!

Def

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 04:24:07 AM
I don't have the SuperTool... yet :)  Sorry :(

Offline supratentorial

Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 08:00:41 AM
665ae,  Nice photos!  ...now write the reviews!   :pok:  I know that some of these tools have already been reviewed but...

Well, we have a pretty good bunch of contributors here.  I would like to point out that if folks want to write a review of a tool that is already listed on the main site, please feel free.  We do have some duplications already, and a few more never hurt.  If it's one thing we decided on in the early days of this site, it's that no two guys look at the same tool the same way!

That's what makes the Zen of the Plier People so unique!

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 12:41:01 AM
I'm having fun experimenting with my camera.

Yeah, me too. Digital camera's are amazing.
Way back in the old day's I use to shoot film with a slr and did some dark room work.
Things have changed so much now. I must change digital camera's about every year.

Just bought my first digital slr about a year ago and just broke it today. Got a lens stuck on it that I can not get off. :(

It's just like this one that I have up for sale on ebay.

NIB Pentax *ist DL 6.1 Megapixel with 18-55 Zoom Lens

The one I have for sale I bought as a back up a week ago at a really great price. Never used it yet and decide to sell it to by some more glass.

No sooner do I list it on ebay and I brake the other one today, lol...

Decide to leave it on ebay and if it does not sell I will put it to use and if it does sell I will be buying the next model up from that pentax, body only.

Anyway, I enjoy seeing your photos and what you are doing with your light box.
Have you entered any online digital photo contest?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 12:52:14 AM by dakota »
[

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 06:16:16 AM
I haven't done much with the lightbox lately.  Work's pretty crazy (working 7 days a week) so I haven't had much time to sit down and play with it.

Also, I have not entered any photo contests... to be honest I don't think my pictures are THAT good :)

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 03:45:26 PM
Found this decent picture on the web:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 04:47:41 PM
A nine year dig for that pic...   :facepalm:   :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator