Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Micro Toolclip

Chako · 34 · 4108

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Re: Micro Toolclip
Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 09:30:34 PM
Not necessarily.  Some of the really crappy manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty to sell their products.  A $10 tool probably cost the marketer all of $.25, so they can replace it quite a few times over and still have made a profit.

Def

didnt think about that, i thought sog s stuff was generally okay though?
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 10:52:00 PM
Not necessarily.  Some of the really crappy manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty to sell their products.  A $10 tool probably cost the marketer all of $.25, so they can replace it quite a few times over and still have made a profit.

Def

didnt think about that, i thought sog s stuff was generally okay though?

It certainly has been up to now. :) What has me worried though is the poor quality of the samples they showed us at the Shot Show in January. :-\ Now granted, these were only prototypes, and in all likelihood the production models will be a lot better. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline GotUCovered

Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:27 AM
Not necessarily.  Some of the really crappy manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty to sell their products.  A $10 tool probably cost the marketer all of $.25, so they can replace it quite a few times over and still have made a profit.

Def

Even if the tool only cost $0.25 to make, the labor costs of handling such warranty claims and postage costs would be well over $10.  Profit then in the negative.  But in all reality, most people would just forget about it and write it off...  = winner manufacturer.

Offline GotUCovered

Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39:31 AM
Ohh, and the new ToolClip looks nice.....  pocket clip in the opposite direction of the old one, putting the tool deeper in the pocket, and the added phillips bit (although it doesn't look like it'll be very useful in the spot that its in) are big plusses to me!  And a price that is easy on anybody's budget.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%