Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

4th Anniversary Give Away

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
4th Anniversary Give Away
on: July 02, 2010, 11:35:11 AM
OK I would like to kick things off with a FREE give away of a MTO Charter Club membership.
All you need to do is tell us your favorite thing about MTO & why you would like to be a Charter Member.
Competition is open for 2 weeks(closes 23rd of July) & the winner will be judged by the Mods.

If you have not been a Charter Member before you will get a very cool bit kit like this one ;

Crunch not included  :D :D

Your membership includes the following ;

Charter members receive a specially designed welcome package featuring an Official Multitool.org logo lapel pin and pocket screwdriver/bit kit, plus exclusive Charter Member benefits including:

* Special Members Only forum
    * Members Only contests and giveaways
    * Pre-sale options and special discounts on Multitool.org gear
      Advanced notice of upcoming projects
      Diestruck and die cut lapel/hat pin representation of the Multitool.org logo
      Pocket screwdriver bit kit with: 3 Phillips and 3 slotted bits, magnetic bit holder, belt clip and sturdy plastic handle/carry case

Good luck  :tu: :tu: :tu:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Re: 4th Anniversary Give Away
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 12:09:40 PM
Wow, great giveaway MM.  :o :tu:
Good luck all.. :)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:14:03 PM
Wow great offer, so where do i start, for me its the great members on this site, helpful and generous to a fault, this is the best site ive found on the net and the one i spend most my time on, long live M.T.O  :tu:   :cheers:

thanks for the chance of this great offer  :cheers:

paul

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:17:16 PM
Count me out, but very cool idea  :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Offline Lasse Eskildsen

Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:39:10 PM
Thanks alot for the offer :)
For me the best thing bout Multitool.org is how friendly people is, it doesnt mather if you just joined or if you have been here for several years, you are still being treated nicely and with respect. Where on other forums you have to have up towards a couple thousands posts before you are recognized as "a part of the forum".

Offline alundra

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 01:02:59 PM
Simple!
M.T.O represents the concept of the web i like: meeting people, discussing with respect despite our differences, sharing info for free and keeping mankind technologies forward.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 01:53:01 PM

Nuphy you are already a Charter Member  :pok: :D :D.
Double membership  :think: :think: :D :D

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 02:06:08 PM

:pok: She doesn't want to play!

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 02:15:21 PM

:pok: She doesn't want to play!

I know I was just teasing  ;) :D :D

Offline zeno

Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 05:33:57 PM
Awesome giveaway!  I guess I am in.  

My favorite thing about MTO has to be the giveaways. Not only do they provide wonderful multitools to those in need, they help save kitties too.

I would like to receive a Charter Membership because being a Charter Member helps all of us on this forum and sometimes I need a little prodding.  I also have a strong sense of karma mixed in with a hefty dose of Jewish(Mom)/Catholic(Dad) guilt.  Therefore, I am sure to renew yearly and post my own giveaway to ensure things are in balance as I did with my Atwood giveaway after my previous good fortune.  Finally, people have always referred to me as "special", so it only makes sense that I have access to the Special Members Only Forum. :D      
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:35:38 PM by zeno »

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 05:43:18 PM

did i heard double membership? count me in :D
A

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 06:08:06 PM
When you research the internet to learn about a multitool, you find many different reviews by different people out there.  There are many good and very informative reviews out there but those given by the members of this site give you a perspective like no other.  The nuts here are multitool members... wait, no reverse that.  Friendly, encouraging and helpful.  They have the experience of antique multitools (think old and classy... not ebay antique which usually just means rusty and abused), the very newest multitools (some unreleased or sadly never released) and the very odd multitools.  They can give you comparisons against other multitools and eventually you can find one that you own already and make a good decision which is so important if you're on a budget or just looking for a new channel to pump all that extra coinage into.

Additionally, the members here give you the unique perspective of completely taking a multitool apart and rebuilding it.  Like the 6-million dollar man (old tv show), they can rebuild it better, stronger, faster and machine new and interesting variations that can only be described as "friggin' awesome".

When you find MT.O after looking around for somewhere to discuss and satisfy your multitool addiction, it's like you're finding a brother from another mother or a sister from another mister... um, well that maybe didn't come out right.  Good times and bad, the support and friendship on this forum is world class.
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 06:20:05 PM
This is a marvelous idea, guys!  :tu:

I hope I can participate?  :)

I love Multitool.org because the members have been like a second family to me. Even though I am the youngest guy here, I have been a member for over three years, and I have never seen any problems left unsolved or questions left unanswered. I have even caught myself bragging to my friends and family about how wonderful you all are, with things like free gifts (not just in giveaways), passarounds, gatherings, and honest trades. Everyone is ready, eager, and equipped to advise anyone- newcomers through oldtimers- with their problems and questions, both tool and life related. I guess to sum it up, the entire forum is generous and kind and lighthearted toward everyone about everything, and it makes me feel at home on the internet.

As to why I, personally, want to be a charter member? Obviously the benefits are numerous, for one thing. I think with stuff like the discount on MT.org gear, I would be more tempted to get some so show off my MT.org pride! Haha, but most of all, I'd like to have the little tool symbols under my name instead of stars.  ;)

Good luck everyone!

Joey
[

us Offline markn951

• I'm actually Canadian
Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 06:38:28 PM
I'm a newbie around here, so you could give the membership to someone else, I don't mind :)

I love this place though, even in the short time I've been here I've learned that. Everyone is so nice, supportive, welcoming, and mature. Everyone is honest and it really feels like being in a brotherhood or something  :D I've been part of many forums over the years and I can tell you there is only one other place that felt like this, and it went foul a long time ago. I thought I would never find another place where I could trust and actually LIKE the people who I conversed with. You've shown me otherwise. It's great to know that there's another place that's safe for people to make friends and talk about the things they love. Here's to another 4 years  :cheers:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 06:41:06 PM
I'm here mostly to sample the candy dishes.  :P

ca Offline Charger

• Mr. Crunch!
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 07:33:28 PM
Benner's Button

My favourite thing about MTO is that it is made up entirely of helpful people.  Think about it this way:  why do people carry multi tools?  It's to be more useful, and therefore more helpful.  Kind of makes sense that a forum made up of MT'ers would be so helpful to one another right?  Even those who have MT's for sentimental reasons can probably trace it back to a special person who was likely very helpful.  A multi tool symbolizes being helpful, and I would like to be a Charter Member because I am getting hitched in 3 months and can't really dish the cash for it right now.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 08:02:58 PM
I'm entering this for sure. I want a charter membership bad.

My favorite thing about MT.O is the people. I felt welcome here from my first post. I've been on a lot of forum and NONE have made me feel as welcome as this one has. You people are the reason I keep coming back for more. Thank you for all the warm conversations the welcome and this wonderful chance. Congrats on 4 years MT.O!  :climber:

ca Offline gunga

Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 08:28:37 PM
I'm new here.  I realy like the friendly, almost family atmosphere.  Lots of fun and sp comforting.

:cheers:

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 08:30:03 PM
Awesome thanks for the chance Mat  :cheers:

My favorite thing about MT.O has to be the people who contribute to this forum,always helpful,always generous but above all MT.O has the friendliest bunch of people anywhere on the net.Heck! even the Admin and Mods are a friendly bunch on MT.O what more could anyone want in a forum,MT.O Rocks! guys period.

believe it or not guys my goal this year was to become a charter member sadly work being scarce around here it's looking unlikely but not totally unachievable,so if I won this it would be a win win for me I'll get to achieve a goal and enjoy all the cool benefits that go with becoming a charter member oh! and I hear I get to use some extra smiley's too.   :D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:32 PM
Nice one Matt mate :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline AddictedToTools

Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:51 PM
Hey guys, here's my bid for the prize,

I love MTO, because it means that I know that there is always a group of kind, honest people to talk to! I would say my favourite thing about MTO is the great advice (mainly knife and tool related) from the vast community here!

Why do I want to be a Charter Member? Simple! Because I know that my collection will never feel complete without one of those awesome bit driver sets!

I realise that I am new here, and haven't really contributed anything as of yet, so do not expect to win, bit thought I'd enter anyway.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 10:55:56 PM
I come from a very small family, and we don't talk all that much.  But, when I come on here, I feel I am with my family.  My wife makes fun of me sometimes, because I refer to you guys as my friends.  She is like "How can they be your friends if you have never met?"  I can't explain it, but she is slowly  coming around.  Especially when she gets lovely gifts out of it (thanks GG for the glass turtle, my wife has a thing for them).  I know if I have a crappy day, I can come on here and all is well in the world.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:22 PM
I missed MTO, tried to live with out MTO but I couldn't life is shinnier with MTO.
This is not an entry.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 12:04:30 AM
great offer matt!

but im not going to enter as i feel it would only be right if i cough up and pay for it myself :)

ill do it one day honest!
I

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 03:27:27 AM
Great posts guys  :tu: :tu: keep them coming.

us Offline lovenhim

Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 03:00:17 PM
I fount multitool.org via a Google search on day.  I was curious about multi tools and thought a multi tool might help me work a a computer for a friend.  I started to look around this place and the people here are very helpful to me.  Many computer forums are not this helpful and friendly and can be rather rude at times.  On this forum if you ask a question you can get some nice help and answers rather than some lame answer such as "what are you stupid" or "just Google it".  I am visually impaired (legally blind) in both eyes and have been that way from birth, however the people here still help me out and several on here helped me to get a few multi tools and SAKs as simple gifts or trades.  That is very nice and I am thankful for that.  This is a great forum. 
When In doubt, C4

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:59 PM
Smashing good idea for a giveaway Mat! :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 10:48:49 AM
First of all, thanks for this generous give away!

I am really new here, and I already love this forum. Great, friendly people around here who are talking about things that no one around me understands  :pok: They think I am crazy when I don't want to go outside without a flashlight and a SAK. They don't understand why I want a red Soldier or another light. They wonder what's all in my heavy bag and if they would know they would just shake their heads and walk away. Here at multitool.org I can show you my gear, and you tell me that's cool. Most of you love a red farmer, and you can tell me why I need another light (and what light)  :ahhh It feels like a big family, and I already feel like I am becoming part of it. I will get a membership as soon as I can afford it, because I want to support what I love (and of course because I want that cool toolset).

Offline Abstraction

Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 11:09:40 AM
My favorite thing about this place?  Not only is it somewhere focusing on the practical things in life - a counterbalance to the million sports, entertainment and technology forums out there - but you actually get mature answers when they're needed, yet still have plenty of nonsense and stupidity when it's called for  :drink: Unlike nearly every forum you don't post a serious question to be drowned out by immature idiots, or, if you do its because they've already answered your question  :D

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 06:28:57 PM
To my shame I never bothered to get Charter Membership  :-[  I know if I am lucky enough to get this starter I'll be sure to keep it renewed  :tu:

I've been here since September 2009 and really became active just before Christmas. I may not post as much as others but I always try to contribute and help others where I can.

My favourite thing about Multitool.org would have to be the people  :salute:  It is a very close community where everyone knows your name. [Wait a minute, that's the Cheers intro lol] Considering we have members from all over the world we all know each other well through our love of shiny things. Rarely is a thread locked due to inappropriate language, etc. because there is a certain respect between us all; like family :D

Just like Zack my wife laughs too when I talk about my friends here; she also has difficulty believing someone I've never met, in another country would send me something for free. 'That's the MTO way' I tell her  :salute:

Second up would have to be the vast knowledge on here. Not just the literal nuts and bolts of tools but the opinions of varied users. One persons requirement may be very different to another and that is represented here  :tu:

Best of luck to all and thank you Matt to an innovative giveaway  :cheers: :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%