Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Fisherman (that was)

Offline damota

Gerber Fisherman (that was)
on: September 12, 2007, 02:03:13 PM
Gerber have removed the MP600 Fisherman off thir site. I now see the head is being offered on the Winchester Fisherman. From the photo it seems to have lost the Gerber Saf T Lock and reverted to the old Gerber slip lock for the handle blades. The head is the same sliding head that was on the Gerber one though and it appears to be a lot cheaper!
It could be modded back to a set of MP600 handles if locking blades were wanted.

Dave

* 18851.jpg (Filesize: 49.26 KB)

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Re: Gerber Fisherman (that was)
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 02:10:33 PM
I've also seen this design (a direct copy, mind you) marketed under the Renegade name at the local wally-world. Probably the same as the winchester (chinese made) just a different package. It went for around 15 bucks...
"

Offline damota

C
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:25:27 PM
I've also seen this design (a direct copy, mind you) marketed under the Renegade name at the local wally-world. Probably the same as the winchester (chinese made) just a different package. It went for around 15 bucks...

Winchester is Gerbers cheap brand, they are both brand names owned by Fiskars. I think that there must be loads of those heads, originally made as the Technicians head for the Evolution 650. This is missing the carbide cutters but they will still IMO be better QC than the average Chinese import.

Dave
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:47:46 PM by damota »

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:33 PM
Gerber have removed the MP600 Fisherman off thir site....
Dave

This makes no sense to me.  Why would Gerber drop the Fisherman from their lineup?

Fisherman is one of their more specialized products, but I would think it would be one of their better selling items amongst outdoorsmen.

There's a vast amount of fishermen out there - at a guess there are probably more active fishermen than hunters.

N

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:13:31 AM
Gerber have removed the MP600 Fisherman off thir site....
Dave

This makes no sense to me.  Why would Gerber drop the Fisherman from their lineup?

Fisherman is one of their more specialized products, but I would think it would be one of their better selling items amongst outdoorsmen.

There's a vast amount of fishermen out there - at a guess there are probably more active fishermen than hunters.

Maybe they were to expensive to manufacture compared to the regular plier head ???

But I agree with you it definetly filled a whole in the market :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD