Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Interesting Wal-Mart find.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Interesting Wal-Mart find.
on: September 19, 2007, 12:17:22 AM
Since I'm restructuring my diet and beginning an exercise regiment I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart for the first time in almost 4 months today. I stocked up on everything else I needed and headed down to sporting goods to see if I could find a small mirror to keep in my wallet for EDC use. The only one they had was way to large at 3"x5" but I did find this neat little guy.

It appears similar to the ones sold at CountyComm and TadGear, but it may be a little thinner stock than those two. Caliper gives a measurement of 2.5mm from the tips of the fork end to the beginning of the spoon and 1.5mm on the edges of the spoon. It feels fairly flexible but works much better than expected because of the supporting nature of one's grip when in use.

Packaging states it is made in Sweden and designed by a Scandanavian. It comes in Yellow, Green, Blue, Red and Dark Green. Price was 2.24$ plus tax.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:47:04 AM by Spoonrobot »

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: Interesting Wal-Mart find.
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 01:27:01 AM
Spoon you are a lucky man. Very few people are privy to the super secret world of the spork.

Gotta say I have had mine now going on 5 monthes and it has resided in my lunchbox and used daily.I ,oved mine so much I had to buy 8 of them for co-workers who were allways trying to steal mine. You will find that this tool is so much better than the Ti sporks and much cheaper. the only issue with it is How do you cut anything with the serr. part when you need to hold it with the fork? :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

buy more of them as soon as others see it you will lose it.
S

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 01:27:32 AM
The last two orders I did with County Comm I almost bought one of those!  I'll probably pick one up at Wal Mart next time I'm there.  I've been using an army knife/fork/spoon set for my Ramen Noodles at work, this might be a bit better.
[

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:27 AM
I almost bought one one time at Wal-Mart, but I decided I won't need it a lot until I go back to work in the summer.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 03:23:38 AM
You will find that this tool is so much better than the Ti sporks and much cheaper.

Titanium Sporks?!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 03:46:20 AM
You will find that this tool is so much better than the Ti sporks and much cheaper.

Titanium Sporks?!
Yup.

LINK!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 03:48:32 AM
Ahh, interesting.

I think I'd like the double-ended style better though.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline supratentorial

Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 05:46:46 AM
For some reason this thread is making me hungry for Kentucky Fried Chicken...uh, maybe not.  Does KFC still use the spork?

There's also the titanium spork with carabiner/bottle opener:

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 05:50:28 AM
Does KFC still use the spork?

Yup, looks just like the Ti one, just molded in black plastic :)

Imagine losing a titanium spork?  Would you walk around saying "Have you seen my titanium spork?  I LOST MY TITANIUM SPORK!!"

[

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 07:17:22 AM
I've got a couple of those Light my Fire sporks.  We use them while backpacking :)  They are a little big though.  (for some reason I don't like large spoons... which is a really strange statement to make)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 07:46:37 AM
(for some reason I don't like large spoons... which is a really strange statement to make)

I totally understand. It's not uncommon for me to EDC a spoon, especially when I'm enrolled at the University for the semester. I generally take a zip-loc bag of cereal for breakfast, buy a small bottle of milk at the Student Union and then munch on cereal while walking to class. I'm going to try out the spork for this task in the spring but I usually EDC a soup spoon (2nd from the right) as opposed to the more common spoons to the left and right of the soup spoon.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 08:34:56 AM
It's not uncommon for me to EDC a spoon

Back in the olden days ;) when I was a student we used to take the flatware from the cafeteria back to the dorms.  We'd return it eventually--too lazy to wash our own dishes.  :D

when I'm enrolled at the University ...I'm going to try out the spork...

Be careful--I don't want you to get in trouble!  That spork has a serrated edge and might be considered a weapon!   ;D

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50:23 AM
It's not uncommon for me to EDC a spoon

Back in the olden days ;) when I was a student we used to take the flatware from the cafeteria back to the dorms.  We'd return it eventually--too lazy to wash our own dishes.  :D

when I'm enrolled at the University ...I'm going to try out the spork...

Be careful--I don't want you to get in trouble!  That spork has a serrated edge and might be considered a weapon!   ;D

As a former University Chef's Assistant I can only thank you for that! Most people have no idea just how many pots, pans, forks and knives have to be washed to feed several thousands students a day.

Ha! This is Alabama! I once saw a student whittling on the steps of the Core Curriculum building with a Case slipjoint. We also have a lot of Agricultural students here so it's not uncommon to see all manner of sheath knives and tools just walking around the main campus. A far cry from my time at an Illinois University.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:15 PM
The cafeteria staff must of hated us... When it snowed, we'd take the trays and use them like sleds to slide down "the hill".   

It's good to hear that Alabama is more practical about knives.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 01:59:04 PM
Yup, looks just like the Ti one, just molded in black plastic :)

The KFC sporks are black now!?  I'll have to see if my mother saved any of the white KFC sporks--probably worth a small fortune now that they're collectors items.   ;D

Offline Papacat

Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 07:43:49 PM
I've been seeing them a lot now and not just at Walmart, but if I was to pick one up Walmart does have the better price.  Ah hell...I am going camping next month, I'll pick one up anyway.  Maybe I'll get two and solve the holding and cutting meat at the same time issue. 
"

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 11:39:46 PM
(for some reason I don't like large spoons... which is a really strange statement to make)

Same here.  I find you eat less food in one bite with a small spoon than a larger one...which means you're not downing too much food at a time.  Maybe it's just me but I digest better :grin:
[

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 01:12:10 AM
The spork represents a great advancment in our culture.  We have actually simplified somthing. :)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 03:57:01 AM
Spoonrobot, did you find these in the camping seciton?

I might run in Wal Mart at lunch tomorrow and get them fast...I also saw on the Wal Mart website that these sporks are discontinued, and whatever the store has, that's it!
[

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 06:32:08 AM

I might run in Wal Mart at lunch tomorrow and get them fast...I also saw on the Wal Mart website that these sporks are discontinued, and whatever the store has, that's it!

You can order them from www.CountyComm.com also :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 08:01:06 AM

Yup, found them in the camping section. Keep in mind that stuff discontinued on the actual Wal-Mart website is not always discontinued in the individual stores.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%