Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Welcome to Multitool.Org!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Re: Welcome to Multitool.Org!
Reply #810 on: February 03, 2013, 07:13:38 PM
Good to have you here CB.. :cheers:

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #811 on: February 03, 2013, 09:50:37 PM
Howdy from Texas Cupboard!¡!
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

my Offline ezatamr

• New User
Reply #812 on: April 11, 2013, 12:47:31 AM
Hi from Malaysia here, been lurking for quite sometime and only now has initiative to register :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #813 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03:16 AM
welcome to the forum. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #814 on: April 15, 2013, 03:56:50 AM
Hi everyone! After spending most of yesterday looking :drool: at this forum I caved and ordered a Skeletool CX online just now for about half what they cost in stores here in New Zealand.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive! (And I'm already thinking up mods for it  >:D)

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #815 on: April 15, 2013, 05:21:43 AM
Welcome to MTO!¡! Guard your wallet!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Terry

au Offline Emil

Reply #816 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:59 AM
Hi Guys,
Just found this Forum today as I was looking for pictures to see if anyone else had done what I have to their LM Charge TTi. I could not find any pictures as yet but found this forum and got caught up in reading some posts and seeing cool tools, and thought I should share my Mod to people who are interested.
I`m not just a newbie to this forum, but pretty much a newbie to forums (I`m a member of only one other)
2 questions:
 I want to add a picture of my Mod to the LM Charge TTi what thread should I post it in ? if not here.
 I just got a limited edition SAK....where should I post that pic ? also if not here.

I should probably search through the forums here to work out where to post the pics, but as I said I`m a newbie and wanted to say G`day anyhow.

Cheers from Australia

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #817 on: April 22, 2013, 05:02:49 PM
Not another Aussie :facepalm:

:D

Welcome to the forum Emil. :waving: We have quite a few OZ and NZ members here so you should feel right at home in no time.
Look around the forum, you'll see some interesting threads and feel free to join in on the discussions.

You can start a new thread about your modded Charge in the Mod squad sub-forum.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,16.0.html

As for a limited SAK, there are lots of limeted editions so I can't tell you which thread to post in. Probably in the "What's your latest SAK?" 
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21658.0.html

But you can browse through the Swiss forum and decide for yourself.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,13.0.html

au Offline Emil

Reply #818 on: April 22, 2013, 11:13:22 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Enki
Cheers mate

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #819 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:53 PM
I never introduced myself by the way.

I am a long term SAK user, but I never had more than three at the same time until recently. All my SAKs were daily used. I am a physician, Psychiatrist and Addiction SpeSmurfpillst. Married, with two kids, 19 and 17 and I live in Greece. My residence is in Piraeus, the port of Athens.
I was going to Geneva for a business trip and I though I should get another SAK from there. Searching  in the net I found the MTO and Marios who  sold me a Swisschamp XLT and later almost half a dozen other SAKs. But I was infected by the forum spirit and here I am, half a year now, without even saying hello.

So, hello guys.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #820 on: April 23, 2013, 12:04:22 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh in case you missed it :rofl:

Welcome, kkokkolis. Nice to have you with us. :waving:

:D

Well you could have waited for your 1000th post to start a introduction thread in the new members forum ;)

Just kidding a bit here :2tu: but you did actually make me laugh when I saw you posting an introduction at 810 posts. ;) Well better late than never. :D

We do need an addiction speSmurfpillst here. ;) But our vices only hurt our wallets.

Offline trevvyb

Reply #821 on: May 24, 2013, 01:44:04 AM
Hello! New to the forum but a long time browser. I'm from NC and I'm currently in school to land somewhere in the HVAC/R industry. I just wanted to make a little intro before I went blasting questions out of the blue!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #822 on: May 24, 2013, 04:54:56 AM
Welcome to the forum!!!!! 

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #823 on: May 24, 2013, 05:33:08 AM
Howdy from Texas trevvy!¡!

Terry

gb Offline frjack

• Occasionally harmless... when asleep!
Reply #824 on: May 25, 2013, 01:10:32 AM
Eyup!

Been browsing for a while, then decided to sign up.

I'm in Lancashire. I tend not to say much, at first, and can be both blunt and random.

Err... I have 2 SAKs, at the moment: a black Spartan and an alox Farmer. I also have a fair fistful of cheapo multitools and a G/F who has a knack for picking up new ones at random...

Yeah... err... that's it, for now.  :D
FrJ

Question the nature of your orders.

Do unto others as they would do to you...
But get the <bleeps> first!

Sent from my lapdog, using teh interwebs

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #825 on: May 25, 2013, 01:20:22 AM
Glad to have you!¡! Howdy from Texas!¡!

Terry

ph Offline Digidog78

Reply #826 on: May 25, 2013, 03:45:40 AM
Hello everyone, I'm from the Philippines and I'm a Banker. My interests include playing the piano/keys, listening to my LP collection and tinkering with my apple devices, among others.

My interest in all things multi-tool started when my dad gave me my first swiss knife when i was still a kid. Suffice it to say that that SAK got stolen at school. A few years later, i was given a SAK champ. That knife has seen better days, but I still use it to this day.

During my younger years, the only available American made multi-tools were the ones being sold near military bases by servicemen stationed here (surplus stores), and most of those sold were old leathermans. I was never impressed with the leatherman at first. Their first few models were the ones that bit your palms as you gripped the scales when using the pliers, hence my perception that Gerber made better multi-tools just because of leatherman's initial design flaw (it doesn't help the fact that my dad also gave me a Gerber multiplier)

Fast forward to now, boy was I wrong with leatherman.  I've just recently acquired a micra and a charge tti and I am undoubtedly loving it. I work in an office setting so not surprisingly, i find a lot of use for the scissors. But there are times when I needed the leverage of a large plier. Sadly, my Gerber had no scissors, and my SAK had no heavy duty pliers, hence my hunt for a multi-tool that has one (simple enough eh?). Now, I've caught the bug. This particular syndrome is telling my brain to grow my leatherman collection. What have i gotten myself into?

I hope to learn a lot from this community, and eventually share my experiences as well. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:55:00 AM by Digidog78 »
Stay frosty

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #827 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:03 AM
Welcome!!   Great way to start, the TTi is undoubtedly awesome!!!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #828 on: May 25, 2013, 02:22:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #829 on: May 25, 2013, 06:11:19 PM
Good to have you here DD.. :tu:

ph Offline burger

• Say Cheeese!
Reply #830 on: August 15, 2013, 12:51:17 AM
Hello Everyone my name is David aka Burger. I live in the Philippines and I work in an office environment so my MTs don't see much action there except for removing staples and opening chips. I do use my MTs on my weekend activities and during trips. I've also had several hobbies over the years where I needed to use my MTs. These vary from Montaineering, to Shooting, to more recently DJing at clubs. I have been a keeping and using MTs for more than 20 years. I have Leatherman ST300, Rebar, Wave, MUT, OHT, Charge, Surge, Skeletool CX, Wingman, Sidekick, PST, Squirt, and Micra. I have a few Victorinox, SOG, and Gerber as well. I even have some China Steel! I have been reading the reviews from this forum for quite sometime now and I have enjoyed seeing how passionate some of you can be over your MTs, much like me. As I was reading earlier i decided to just jump in, sign up, and make a review. I wanted to start with something small so I went with the Micra, and now  here I am! Thank you guys for creating this forum and for letting me be a part of it. More power to you guys!
I am a Traveller.

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #831 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:25 AM
That's a decent collection David and a great review on the Micra (I just read it) :tu: One question though, what do you use the MTs for while DJing? I'm a production studio manager and I can imagine the many different uses but I'm curious because I like to hear what other ideas people may have that I haven't thought of. Oh, and, howdy from Texas!¡!

Terry

ph Offline burger

• Say Cheeese!
Reply #832 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:49 AM
That's a decent collection David and a great review on the Micra (I just read it) :tu: One question though, what do you use the MTs for while DJing? I'm a production studio manager and I can imagine the many different uses but I'm curious because I like to hear what other ideas people may have that I haven't thought of. Oh, and, howdy from Texas!¡!

Howdy from Manila stealth007s!

Most in-house DJs won’t normally need to use an MT since they leave their gear in the club and just lug around a laptop, but hobbyists like me will use a MT quite a bit. Guests DJs like myself will move around quite a bit to wherever the party will take them. Be it clubs or house parties. So we move our gear a lot. We bring laptops, digital mixing equipment, and tons of cables and plugs. That is where the MT comes in. More often than not there would be little fixes that a Squirt/ Micra or a SAK can handle like tightening screws, cutting electric tape, or even stripping wires. But there are times when pliers would be needed to loosen a tightly screwed in cable head or to fix prongs/plugs. Heck, I would even use my MT to bang at some stuff that are too corroded to budge. So there you go, the not so eventful MT use by a DJ.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I am a Traveller.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #833 on: August 15, 2013, 02:58:59 PM
Welcome again. :D Nice to hear a bit about yourself and your multitool use. We have quite a few members from the Philippines. Also I see a big camera lens in your profile pic. ;) Feel free to spice up your posts and reviews with as many pictures as you like. We love pictures around here.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #834 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:08 PM
Welcome again. :D Nice to hear a bit about yourself and your multitool use. We have quite a few members from the Philippines. Also I see a big camera lens in your profile pic. ;) Feel free to spice up your posts and reviews with as many pictures as you like. We love pictures around here.

Oh yes, we really do! Even got a special emoticon thingy for it:  :worthless:

Oh, and welcome, to the best place on the internet!
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #835 on: August 15, 2013, 03:21:34 PM
Yes,  welcome to a digital heaven.  (the cost from future purchases will be hell though)
If I can help, let me know 

ph Offline burger

• Say Cheeese!
Reply #836 on: August 15, 2013, 05:13:35 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I forgot to metion that photography is one of my hobbies as well. Although my favorite lens seem to be the one attched to my iphone!  :facepalm:
I am a Traveller.

england Offline rob bell

Reply #837 on: November 03, 2013, 12:07:16 AM
Hi, im rob from the lake district, England

im a profesional hedge layer ( http://www.hedgelaying.org.uk/ )and fencing contractor with a fixation for axes & Bill Hooks, mainly Elwell but if it chops ill have it.  I found this site by accident.
Im a country lad & keep a few chucks, grow some vedge & shoot a bit of game
lead, follow or get out of the way

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #838 on: November 03, 2013, 06:02:14 PM
And an official welcome to the forum, Rob. :hatsoff: Nice to have you with us. Do you have any swiss army knives and multitools in your collection or are you primary into collecting axes?

england Offline rob bell

Reply #839 on: November 03, 2013, 06:49:39 PM
And an official welcome to the forum, Rob. :hatsoff: Nice to have you with us. Do you have any swiss army knives and multitools in your collection or are you primary into collecting axes?
i

i have one very basic multi tool that lives in the pick up but primary is the axe collection

lead, follow or get out of the way

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD