Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2010 Deer Season thread

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
2010 Deer Season thread
on: November 14, 2010, 02:41:06 PM
Opening day of whitetail deer season here in Michigan is tomorrow!! I'm so excited I can't hardly think straight! :ahhh Camping, fire tending, outdoor cooking, playing cards, telling stories...it's better than Christmas by a long shot! :cheers: My dad and I and uncles and brother-in-laws get together every year during deer season. We do all of the above activities, and in between, sometimes we even get out into the woods and do some hunting! :P That's not so much what it's all about for us though. It's more the tradition, the comraderie, the caveman male bonding stuff, you know. Yep, I look forward to now more than any other time of the year. :)

So is anyone else getting out in the deer woods this fall? :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: 2010 Deer Season thread
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 03:01:38 PM
Only if they run in front of the car :)

I've always managed to break in time but my wife saw a big boy get taken out last year :(  Luckily the guy driving didn't end up with it through the windscreen.

I hope you have a great time Bob and do feel free to take your camera with you :tu: :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 03:47:39 PM
No time or money to get into it at the moment, but hopefully will one day.

Otherwise my giant leatherman 154cm hunting folder would be quite a waste, isn't it.  ::)

us Offline David

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:52:23 PM
Opening day in Kansas is 12-01-10 and runs thru the 12th. I plan on doing some deer hunting.  :D  Which reminds me that I need to do some reloading.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 06:55:49 PM
I don't like deer this year. I found them in the garden eating all my maroons  :twak: Usually I can get about 3-4 kg of maroons from our tree and I enjoy them the whole winter. This year I got 8, the rest was eaten by the deer. I wouldn't believe it, but I saw them last weekend standing under the tree eating, they weren't even much afraid of me when I came closer...

(These deer must taste delicious after all these maroons, but I can't shoot them. No license to hunt, and no license to carry a gun  :rant:)

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:15:29 PM
I really like deer meat but one of my greatest regrets in life is never going hunting.  I've always liked the outdoors and camping and I probably would have had fun...  :-\
SAW

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:45:13 PM
No deer in the wild 'Down Under' , I am going fishing in a couple of weeks though  :D :D :D.

Have LOTS of blokey fun Bob & stay safe   :tu: :tu: :tu: :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 12:57:57 AM
Shotgun season starts here in Ohio in a couple weeks, Ive go the whole week off. Im hoping to kill on day one so I can chill the rest of the week

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 01:13:42 AM
Opening day isn't until tomorrow, so we spent today setting up camp and situating deer blinds. The area we hunt is part of the Manistee National Forest, which is a patchwork of public land that covers about one hundred square miles altogether. "My" little corner of this public forest is a mix of hardwood covered hills and swampy bottomland. :) It's pretty secluded most of the year, but for the next two weeks it will be crawling with other hunters. ::) The deer are few and far between, heavily hunted, and extremely wary. I'm lucky if I even glimpse a buck or two all year.

Which made the two my dad and I saw today while scouting even more special! :) This guy turned and bolted the second we saw him. I had my camera ready, but still almost missed him.

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 02:55:53 AM
I think to level the playing field, we should arm the deer too!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 06:59:59 AM
And they should all be given a drivers license.

What happens if the economy keeps up this way.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD
50%