Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Attn: Physics and Electricity Guru's

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Attn: Physics and Electricity Guru's
on: March 18, 2011, 05:37:44 PM
Hi guys and gals!  I'm a little excited right now and I'm gonna need some advice and help.  Here's the situation.  As part of my requirements for graduation, I have to do a big paper for the annual conference and present it to my instructors and at the conference.  I have recently decided that I'd like to do my paper on something that I just learned about from a TV show.  The paper has to have something to do with radiology.  It's going to be based on this research:
http://dsc.discovery.com/technology/im/scotch-tape-x-ray-escobar.html

Basically, the research is proving that you can make xrays from scotch tape.  Yes, that's right, scotch tape.  The researchers are looking into other substances, adhesives, that when pulled apart really fast in a vacuum create enough energy to create xrays.  The one researcher in the above interview stated that this type of xray production could be used to create a portable xray machine that works via mechanical rather than electrical power.  I need to do some more research, but I'm hoping that if there are any physics and/or electricity gurus among us that you'd be willing to help me out as I get further along with this.  I think it's very very cool.  I might need help explaining the physics and my vocabulary on that is kind of limited.  It has to be at least a 15 page paper. Obviously, I'm not going to do an experiment, it's basically a literature review or a proposal for new research.  thanks in advance. 
Kel
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%