Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My EDC Pocket Tool Kit

us Offline Randyc1974

My EDC Pocket Tool Kit
on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:19 AM
My Knife EDC is a SAK Classic on my key chain and either a Trekker, or Super Tinker in my pocket. After reading about what other forum members have put together to expand their own EDC tool options, I decided to put together my own small tool kit.

I started with a small flat case for an old modem I had with my extra computer equipment. I added the following to my kit
- Topeak ratchet wrench
- Topeak bicycle tire wrench, that I'm using as a mini pry bar.
- Magnetic bit holder
- 1/4"-1/4" bit adapter for sockets
- Bit set of my most often used bits
The kit is very thin and makes a handy carry accessory for my Swiss Army Knifes.
Below are some photos of this setup. Feel free to add comments and your own photos of your SAK centered tool setups.

Randy

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Re: My EDC Pocket Tool Kit
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:50:58 AM
No pliers Randy  :o :o :o :D :D :D.

Looks good mate  8) 8) the Topeak ratchet wrench reminds me of Victorinox's ratchet  :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 02:13:29 AM
Nice idea for a setup.   :tu:

I haven't really heard much about Topeak.  Off to Google...
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Randyc1974

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 04:25:45 AM

Looks good mate  8) 8) the Topeak ratchet wrench reminds me of Victorinox's ratchet  :think: :think:

I thought about adding pliers to the setup, but I wanted to keep the tool kit as slim and light as possible. I keep multi-tools with pliers in my truck, car, motorcycle, and in my home tool bag. I also have a decent set of tools in my truck, and workshop. I'm pretty well covered with tools. Of course, that won't stop me from buying more.  :multi: I looked at both the Victorinox and Topeak  before selecting the Topeak. I went with the Topeak because it actually has the reversing lever and the bits will not slip through the ratchet head.
Nice idea for a setup.   :tu:

I haven't really heard much about Topeak.  Off to Google...
Topeak makes quality bicycle tools. The ratchet came from the "Rocket Ratchet" set. I've read some good reviews of this wrench before making my selection

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:42:31 PM
I've had a Topeak tool in my cycle bag for a few years - some of it's redundant when you have other multis to hand, but they are pretty useful and high quality.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 03:03:40 PM
I was also considering Topeak when I was looking for ratchet bit kit to add with my Spirit X... nice little setup that Topeak, I like it mostly for that little pry bar. And when we are on subject, is that pry bar worth anything, how is it holding? Can you compare that one with Gerber Shard, or CC widgy pry bar??

Nice setup overall. I like that pouch also, it looks very handy and low profiled...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 03:06:36 PM
You could always take the handles of a pair of Pliers to the grinding wheel if size is an issue..
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:23:45 PM

I thought about adding pliers to the setup, but I wanted to keep the tool kit as slim and light as possible. I keep multi-tools with pliers in my truck, car, motorcycle, and in my home tool bag. I also have a decent set of tools in my truck, and workshop. I'm pretty well covered with tools. Of course, that won't stop me from buying more.  :multi: I looked at both the Victorinox and Topeak  before selecting the Topeak. I went with the Topeak because it actually has the reversing lever and the bits will not slip through the ratchet head.

This is my only real complaint about the Vic ratchet.  Putting the extension bar in the socket handle ends the problem, but the bits shouldn't pop through, imo.

Like that set up.  I might have to take a look at the Topeak ratchet...

us Offline Randyc1974

Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 03:44:00 AM
I was also considering Topeak when I was looking for ratchet bit kit to add with my Spirit X... nice little setup that Topeak, I like it mostly for that little pry bar. And when we are on subject, is that pry bar worth anything, how is it holding? Can you compare that one with Gerber Shard, or CC widgy pry bar??

Nice setup overall. I like that pouch also, it looks very handy and low profiled...

I haven't used the pry bar yet, but it's pretty thin. The bar does have a 1/4" hex cutout that provides some extra leverage when used with the magnetic bit holder. The bar is no where near as robust as my Pocket Wrench II. I thought about adding the Pocket Wrench II to this kit, but wanted to keep the kit as light and thin as possible. My Pocket Wrench II is carried in the pouch behind my Leatherman ST300 which rides in my truck. I'm not a tradesman, I just like a selection of tools for the little projects and repairs that seem to pop up on a daily basis.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 07:17:11 AM
Yep Pocketwrench is still on my wishlist!!  8)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68