Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

eBay seller Proconnection

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
eBay seller Proconnection
on: December 13, 2007, 08:36:27 PM
Seller misrepresented the Pulse in his/her auction, then when challenged on it, offered a refund if I returned the tool.  When asked if they would also refund the shipping cost, there was no response.  I sent another message to the seller, again with no response.  I would not suggest anyone deals with this seller in the future due to the awful customer service practices.

Full details in this thread here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,2985.0.html

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: eBay seller Proconnection
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:38:05 PM
That's bad form, there the kind of people who are ruining Ebay for honest traders >:(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:50:48 PM
Tragic, but I tried to give this seller the benefit of the doubt.  It's unfortunate that it couldn't have been resolved better.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:33:02 PM
 I've basically cut back my Ebay purchases to those that have a proven track record with me..and it's because of nightmares like yours.Hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction.
I

Offline cryptrick

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:50:34 PM
Its always a horrible situation when these things happen. Trouble is you deal with the people direct and ebay usually give you little or no help. Did you pay by paypal Def? If you did, its probably worth making a claim with Paypal on the grounds that the item was not as advertised. It also has to be within the last 90days.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 01:59:07 AM
I have thought about making a claim and I thought about leaving bad feedback but the seller gets the opportunity to ridicule buyers who do that, so basically I see it as being pointless.

I doubt much would come from the Paypal thing as I have already been offered a refund and I am apparently choosing not to accept it by not sending the tool back since I don't want to pay for shipping twice.

I think I am going to take a short break from eBay for a bit, partly because I am broke (as usual!) and partly because it hasn't been as smooth as usual of late.  It's not eBay's fault, and there are many honest sellers out there, but unless something really interesting rears it's ugly head, I am going to back off for a while.

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 02:01:35 AM
You can accept the refund and they will own the Pulse again.  How they get it from your house back to them is another story. :D
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD