Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Washer and dryer help.

Chako · 41 · 2515

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: Washer and dryer help.
Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 08:02:55 AM
Despite the fact that I can drive a car , do basic mechanical things to said car , helm a boat , wizz around on the internet , actual be able to use itunes  :o and get to grip with most of the features on my iphone  , install and remove programs and hardware on my PC and I can program an old VCR ( I think ) . I can do all this and more but I just have know idea how to work a washing machine , its is way beyond me and that my friends is how its going to stay  ;)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 02:01:23 PM
 :rofl:

Aye, well I don't have that luxury being single and all.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 10:56:17 PM
Just got them installed.  :cheers:

In the next day or two, I will do my first load...after reading the instruction manual. :think:

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 11:17:17 PM
 8) They look like they just come out of the Enterprise.
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline Bruce909

Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 05:20:21 AM
After seeing that Dryer picture with the shoe Multi-Tool rack still installed I have this image in my mind of Dan filling the dishwasher with Multi-tools then putting them on the rack in the dryer.  The dryer will do a much better job getting them dry with forced air compared to the dishwasher.

That is an advantage to being single...I still remember the BMW (Bit__ Moan Whine) noises coming from a former girlfriend when I but the top end off my dirt bike in the dishwasher.  I wish I still had that dirt bike and I am very glad I don't have that girlfriend.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 08:04:02 AM
They do look fancy
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 11:58:03 AM
That is a great idea. I will have to give that a go someday.

dks, and complicated.

So new that I missed a piece of tape on the dryer whilst taking that photograph.

Yesterday took the vigour right out of me. Not sure why people like home renovating so much, as I find it a bit frustrating at times. I had the bright idea of also changing my toilet as I found it to be leaking. I assumed it was the wax ring that wasn't doing its job. I used that as an excuse to buy a new toilet.

Well, I figured that I could install the toilet in the morning, and then have my washer and dryer arrive later in the evening. That didn't quite work out as planned. I removed the old toilet only to find out it wasn't the wax seal, but a broken flange.

I quickly realized I was out of my league on that one, and called a local plumber's shop. At first they didn't seem like they could come and help me that day. When I told them I only have one washroom in my small house, they changed me up on the priority list. I did have to wait 3 hours for them to arrive though. Funny how you always miss what you don't have. If there is no water available in the house, you get thirsty. Well, I needed to go to the bathroom simply because I couldn't...go figure.

The cavalry did arrive, but with no company truck. This meant they had to go back and forth a few times to the shop to get tools etc. Then, they had some fun installing the American Standard Cadet 3 model that I bought at the local Home Depot. They mumbled about never seeing one of those before. I bought it because of two things. The tank is very solidly supported, and the sides are covered (This is what caused them some grief during the install). They had to use a reciprocating saw to cut out the damaged flange, and glue in a new one. Great fun. So much for my quick renovation plans.

Whilst the plumbers were having a crack at the washroom, my washer and dryer came in. Apparently the two delivery guys knew the two plumbers, and a good half hour of wisecracks and humour ensued. I was enjoying their reportage so much that any anxiety I had evaporated.

Today, all I have to do is build an over the toilet cabinet, and I can call it quits. So yesterday was a fairly eventful day for my household.  :rofl:

As for a photograph, I know quite a few people may claim no picts, no happen. So here you go...

Sorry, no pictures of me using it.  :rofl:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 12:24:42 PM
 :pok: no before and after pictures ?
I have done a few plumbing jobs and still do, and things can get messy and wet very easily.
  :D

On a similar note/level I was surprised a few months back when I went looking fo a new toilet seat and ended up buying a US made one (wooden, not plastic)! It was the same price as the Chinese ones and seemed to be of similar quality. I only saw where it was made when I took it back home (took a picture too).
And people in the states allways complain that the US based manufacturers can not compete with the low prices of "imports". (e.g. chinese made knives like the Byrd line)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:00 PM
Sorry, no before and after picts dks.

On a different note, I was going to assemble my organizer, only to find out the second piece I took out has a cracked window. The way the bathroom upgrade is going. I am not totally surprised.  :rofl:

I will have to return it for another unit later today.  :(

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
So, considering the size of your collection, which Multitools did you use for all these tasks?  ???

You have a pretty good choise.  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 02:21:06 PM
No MTs were used or harmed during this exercise in minor frustration. :D

I used water pump pliers instead.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30