Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just went hog wild at Amazon. I'm excited and ashamed at the same time.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
On the way this week:

...also a bunch of crap for my wife, to keep the peace. :D

I don't know if I should be thanking you guys for the kind words you've put out for these knives, or curse you for it.  ???
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Wow that's going to be a sweet package of toys!  The Wenger S 557 is actually next on my buy list, it just looks like a great SAK.  I'll be curious to know how you like it.  I've carried a swiss card lite (white led) onyx in my wallet for 2 years now and it sees frequent use, I love it.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Nice haul!  :tu:  the S557 was the one SAK I kept asking myself, "should I or shouldn't I?"  An Amazon gift card for my birthday settled that, and I ended up kicking myself that I hadn't gotten one sooner!  It's just an all-around great SAK.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
With regards to the S557, I thought: "What a great toolset, without much duplication, in a 85mm package. Too bad it's probably a Swisschamp-like brick."

I looked it up on YouTube, and it is not as thick as it seems like it should be, considering what it has going on.

Also, I carried my Explorer today in a belt pouch, and it was like it wasn't even there. (the smaller version of the cordura one I linked to above) One key for a comfortable belt pouch is that the top of the loop is near the top of the pouch, so it isn't digging into my love handles whenever I sit down. So I figured I can carry the S557 the same way, when I decide to carry it in the warmer months.

Syph: I'll let you know what I think of it when I get it.

jerseydevil: ditto, although I don't think you need any validation at this point, as it seems you're quite fond of yours. ;)
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
I am also  a huge fan of the S557 :)

That said,  I suspect the Farmer is going to a favorite of yours too.  It's got the right ergodynamics, good toolset and lets face it:  alox is just awesome to the touch and the eyes    :D

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Well, I probably shouldn't admit it, but the Farmer isn't for me. I bought it for my brother for his birthday in June.

Right now, he carries a Buck Red Dot and a Midnight Manager. He has a Fieldmaster and a Swisschamp. But he doesn't carry them, because they're too thick. He doesn't want to give up the saw, so...

I do like the Alox. But I already have an old Soldier and Electrician, so I think I'm covered. I guess that's subject to change too, if I'm not careful.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Amici,
I love the Wenger S557 and EDC one in Evowood scales everyday. If EW is not your bag and wish to go the traditional route, check out the Evo 18, it's the Wenger version of the fieldmaster PLUS with a locking main blade. That's my second choice for EDC.

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79