Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A good outdoor knife?

spam Offline donalddarko

Re: A good outdoor knife?
Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 09:21:24 AM
While they won't have everything that you listed, if you're looking for a good SAK for outdoors I'd recommend taking a look at the Vic Safari series, although they might be a little hard to get ahold of. I believe all the knives in the series are 108mm. I'd recommend the Safari Trooper or Mauser if I had to pick one. 

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: A good outdoor knife?
Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 09:35:19 AM
Or a Hunter since it has a second, serrated blade:

Well, some of them do. Mine has a plain edge blade ;)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
A good outdoor knife?
Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 10:12:08 AM
As a youngster I wanted a Mauser but no internet then and I only found it in the US military base here. My cousin was a US Soldier and I asked him for a Swisschamp. 100$ was a great deal of money then for us and I only got my Swisschamp although I felt lust for that Mauser also. Now I would prefer the Walter version over the Mauser. But for the time being I'll stick with the Green Harvester and the Opinel Outdoor. I EDC now four SAKs for any occasion, in urban and outdoor environments, Harvester, Swisschamp XLT, Mini Swisschamp and Opinel. Not that I need that many but I like them and enjoy playing with them. So I feel there is no situation my SAK's cant't handle whatever the setting might be.
I have some collections at home but I feel bad leaving a SAK behind. I have now just 4 more in a tin box on my bedside and I feel pity for them not doing their duty, do I use them when at home.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%