Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

+Jeroen's Victorinox blog+

be Offline jeroen.thys.37

on: December 19, 2012, 06:13:37 PM
Hi guys....

I made a Victorinox related blog a few months ago and update it every few weeks with wathever comes to mind, or new purchases... It contains however a lot of writing errors, due to the fact that English isn't my native language. So if you might be interested, you can always take a look and please leave something behind in the guestbook.  ;) If there are any wrong facts, please contact me at jeroen_thys@telenet.be I did my homework before I started every blog, but I'm still human...  :D

Thanks in advance...

http://jeroensvictorinox.blogspot.be

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Re: +Jeroen's Victorinox blog+
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:01:10 PM
Nice web site.  Works well.  Votre Englais c'est plus bon que mon Francais.
You should know about the SakWiki site and the SwissArmyKnifeOwnersManual site -- great info on the one, good book on the other. 
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:35:44 PM
Nice web site.  Works well.  Votre Englais c'est plus bon que mon Francais.
You should know about the SakWiki site and the SwissArmyKnifeOwnersManual site -- great info on the one, good book on the other.

Thanks! It's nice to hear that my English is not terrible...  :D French is my second language... A mistake, often made. First language in Belgium (Flanders) is Dutch and third German. Most people assume Belgium is a French speaking country. I use sakwiki almost allways. It is one of the best sak-info sites! The SwissArmyKnifeOwnersManual is new to me... I'm gonna check it out! Thanks! :climber:

nl Offline marcel.reijerse

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:09 PM
A nice website indeed!

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:54:50 PM
"It's nice to hear that my English is not terrible...  :D French is my second language... A mistake, often made. First language in Belgium (Flanders) is Dutch and third German. Most people assume Belgium is a French speaking country."
Entschuldigen zie bitte.
Your sliding foreground and lake photo are cool.
 I agree with you that the emblem as the lock release on the Wenger Ranger is a way cool way to do it.  While the liner lock on the Victorinox may be stronger.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:49:12 AM by J Mackrel Jones »
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:12:29 AM
Very nice Blog!  Great Work!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:28:53 AM
That's Napoleon's and the long Germany- France rivalry heritage. But Belgium is a good paradigm of symbiosis among Flemish and Wallon people, as good as Switzerland's is. A beautiful country.
Thumps up for your blog.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 02:41:54 PM
French is my second language... A mistake, often made. First language in Belgium (Flanders) is Dutch and third German. Most people assume Belgium is a French speaking country.

I made the opposite mistake. I was going to Brussels, and as usual I read up a little on where I was going. Both Flemish and French in Brussels the book said (Rough Guide to Brussels, I think). I don't know any French, but I know some German, and Dutch is sort of easy to Norwegians, so I happily learnt the pronounciation of a few key words in Flemish, you know, like "geueze". ;) Now, to get to the point, not a single person my wife and I met spoke Flemish. French and English were the only two languages we used the entire trip (my wife knows some French).

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 03:55:09 PM
well done ! :-)
Get more tools

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 04:21:33 PM
That's Napoleon's and the long Germany- France rivalry heritage. But Belgium is a good paradigm of symbiosis among Flemish and Wallon people, as good as Switzerland's is. A beautiful country.
Thumps up for your blog.

There's still some rivalry between the Flemmish and Wallon people. Some say that the Wallon region is asking too much money from the gouvernment, while the Flemmish people work for it... There are even people who want to separate Belgium in two countries. My opinion is to live and let live... It all worked before, so there must be a way to make it work again! But, this shows that nothing is as it looks... I strongly believe that Switzerland is a much better example of this "symbiosis". (nice word btw! love it!) Oh, and thank you for the nice comment about the blog!

Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 04:29:25 PM
French is my second language... A mistake, often made. First language in Belgium (Flanders) is Dutch and third German. Most people assume Belgium is a French speaking country.

I made the opposite mistake. I was going to Brussels, and as usual I read up a little on where I was going. Both Flemish and French in Brussels the book said (Rough Guide to Brussels, I think). I don't know any French, but I know some German, and Dutch is sort of easy to Norwegians, so I happily learnt the pronounciation of a few key words in Flemish, you know, like "geueze". ;) Now, to get to the point, not a single person my wife and I met spoke Flemish. French and English were the only two languages we used the entire trip (my wife knows some French).

Brussels is a nice example of how Belgium's separated in three major parts. You've got Flanders (Dutch),Wallon (French) and Brussels (mostly French, but thanks to the large multi-cultural population, also a large part English). Brussels is actualy separated by language to satisfy both Flanders and the Wallon part. It's a nice country to live in, small in size, huge in problems! You need a magnifying glass to find it on a globe, but everybody knows it exists. I'm sure the "Geueze" tasted good... ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:43:23 PM by jeroen.thys.37 »

mx Offline Sidhartha

• Hecho en México
Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 05:31:46 PM
very nice! i put a link of your blog in mine, hope you don´t mind  :P

:tu:
custom swiss army knives

Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 06:12:28 PM
very nice! i put a link of your blog in mine, hope you don´t mind  :P

:tu:

?Mind? I'm honoured! ;)
I did the same on my blog.... Nice site btw!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:23:24 PM by jeroen.thys.37 »

us Offline TD90S

Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 07:52:00 PM
Nice work on the blog! Your English is fine, better then some Americans.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%