Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did Leatherman change the scales on the Charge TTi?

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Re: Did Leatherman change the scales on the Charge TTi?
Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 04:13:11 AM
I wish they would change the plier head on the TTi :think: Not many of us that need a cap crimper :think: I didn't buy the EOD MUT because of that :think: I guess that's what modding is for :think: But what plier head would fit? :think:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 04:16:50 AM
I wish they would change the plier head on the TTi :think: Not many of us that need a cap crimper :think: I didn't buy the EOD MUT because of that :think: I guess that's what modding is for :think: But what plier head would fit? :think:

Wave pliers would fit. Am soooo temped to swap pliers from the Wave to this Charge.

Rebar sort of do but are wider and also more of a square profile - so there will be fit issues. especially with the scissors.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 04:20:45 AM
I was a bit surprised by seeing the new Charge TTi when I went to the LM site a few minutes ago. It looks very nice with the new scales :tu:

http://www.leatherman.com/product/Charge_TTi
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 04:29:47 AM
Despite having a more engraveable surface am still skeptical as to how they feel compared to the original.

If mine ever do break think will write SENTIMENTAL: Keep Scales on the return form. Sure would like the get the cut hook resurfaced.  :rant:

Am surprised that Leatherman did not put a cornered-cut hook in there now, like they have with the OHT.
cornered-cuthook.jpg
* cornered-cuthook.jpg (Filesize: 11.13 KB)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:33:23 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 08:25:12 PM

Wave pliers would fit. Am soooo temped to swap pliers from the Wave to this Charge.

Rebar sort of do but are wider and also more of a square profile - so there will be fit issues. especially with the scissors.

Blast and Fuse pliers are exactly the same as well, might be a better option for picking up cheap mod fodder.  Do note that the Kick's pliers are a little different so I'd not recommend them. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 08:39:11 PM

Blast and Fuse pliers are exactly the same as well, might be a better option for picking up cheap mod fodder.  Do note that the Kick's pliers are a little different so I'd not recommend them. :)

Had boughten a Fuse for a house tool. Also have a Wave I passed onto a family member that sits on a shelf most the time. Go back and open it every so often. TTi is more for the grip and better main blade steel. Wished could purple-ize them scales too.
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline Multiple Personality

Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 09:06:45 PM
"Did Leatherman change the scales on the Charge TTi?"  Yes they did.  Check out their video from Shot Show 2013 posted on here in another post.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%