Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Survival Card

SxS · 23 · 4993

Offline SxS

Survival Card
on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:36 PM
For some reason...  ::)...I like the idea of these card tools and have ordered a new one centered around the basics: http://www.toollogic.com/svc.htm
My SwissCard has a few of the other goodies and am hoping that these two (together) could cover a number of needs in just a wallet carry. The upcoming Skeletool Cx will be my first knife/multitool ever carried...if I can get used to lugging it around with the above and (possibly again) my Nitecore Defender Infinity.

Great site and thanks for having me; Grant went the extra mile to get me registered and I appreciate it.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:34:06 PM by SxS »

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Survival Card
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 02:43:24 PM
Welcome to the forums! When you get it,try it out for awhile and let us know how effective it is.It looks interesting,and if it's even just halfway useful it may well be worth inclusion in a PSK.
I

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:28:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, I keep meaning to pick up a card type tool, but never seem to get round to it ::)

You'll have to let us know what you think of it :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:01:06 PM
I'm just glad you made it finally!

It's interesting to hear about Tool Logic from time to time.  They have been a staple of the multitool industry for some time, yet we rarely hear much about them.  That's one thing I've always found a bit odd, and something I had spoken with the president of Tool Logic about last month.

With any luck, we'll change that soon- in the meantime, I'm sure everyone here would be interested to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives.

I have a couple of different variations on the SwissCard (standard, Quattro, different colors etc) and I have a card marketed under Wenger's brand (but not Wenger made) but overall I haven't really had much experience with card tools.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 07:11:12 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Eddie

Offline SxS

Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:53:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome, folks and I will make sure to share my thoughts when it arrives (no date set). If it will fit next to my other cardtool in the exterior pocket of a small credit card wallet; I'll be happy. I'm sure that I'll get used to carrying a Skeletool around; yet for the summer months especially...it would be nice to get by with less.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:07:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.  :)  I should really pick up a swisscard too.
I'm back!!

Offline SxS

Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:17:03 PM

Thanks.
The knife is pretty cheesy, imo; yet the rest of the items are OK and I'm hoping that the Survival Card blade is a bit better.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 10:20:21 PM
You will have to take some comparative pics for us.  :)
I'm back!!

Offline SxS

Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 12:05:58 AM
It would be a first...yet I'll try.  :salute:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 12:07:38 AM
Half the guys here can't read so you should always post pics whenever possible!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 01:10:08 AM

Thanks.
The knife is pretty cheesy, imo; yet the rest of the items are OK and I'm hoping that the Survival Card blade is a bit better.

Actually Def and I got to check that little knife out at the Shot Show. It is surprisingly comfortable and safe to use for such a small blade. :)

Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline SxS

Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 01:17:19 AM
"...Actually Def and I got to check that little knife out at the Shot Show. It is surprisingly comfortable and safe to use for such a small blade. :)
Bob..."

Super!  :cheers:
You're right; a knife that small needs to have the comfort built in for relative safety.

Offline SxS

Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26:50 AM
Half the guys here can't read so you should always post pics whenever possible!   :ahhh
Def

This is going way off-topic so delete away if you must...but I'm obviously into side-by-side(SxS) off-road vehicles and your comment above reminds me of a trip we did a while back in the Appalachias.
Some just super good 'ol boys from the area graciously took us up in to the mountains; showed us a great time and along the way our talk 'somehow'  ??? turned to how certain areas of the country are portrayed on TV and just how ticked off it basically made them (understandable and uncomfortable at the same time...believe me!  :o).

Fast forward to today and this commercial making the rounds... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYQoWt28-g
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:30:56 AM by SxS »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 01:30:25 AM
"That sure is a purrty machine" :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 01:41:34 AM
If we deleted off topic posts, we'd have accumulated all of about 4 actual posts in the last two years!   :o

No Thread Nazis here!

Def

Offline SxS

Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 01:46:34 AM
Thanks for the OK to post one more about that trip:

The first question that they asked of us that day (as we were all gearing up to take off) was whether we were "carrying" and that it was by no means any problem whatsoever.  :climber:

We slowly looked around at every single one of them literally armed to the teeth; looked at each other and  stammered..."nah, I think that y'all have got us covered!" 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:48:37 AM by SxS »

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26:49 PM
Thanks for the OK to post one more about that trip:

The first question that they asked of us that day (as we were all gearing up to take off) was whether we were "carrying" and that it was by no means any problem whatsoever.  :climber:

We slowly looked around at every single one of them literally armed to the teeth; looked at each other and  stammered..."nah, I think that y'all have got us covered!" 

I live in Southeast Ohio,at the edge of Appalachia,and it's very understandable.You never know when you'll stumble on a meth lab or pot patch,and they can be aggressively protected.Black bears are making a very strong comeback too.
I

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 06:56:53 PM
If we deleted off topic posts, we'd have accumulated all of about 4 actual posts in the last two years!   :o

No Thread Nazis here!

Def

I'd be amazed if it was 4 actually.  :P
I'm back!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 07:00:29 PM
No, I think there's been at least that many...

Just not this one!

Def

Offline SxS

Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 10:09:59 PM
"... I live in Southeast Ohio,at the edge of Appalachia,and it's very understandable.You never know when you'll stumble on a meth lab or pot patch,and they can be aggressively protected.Black bears are making a very strong comeback too."

Great point; as I had always attributed that instance to more of an overall gun culture and didn't really make the connection. We woke up early one Sunday morning in our hotel room and looked out the window to see 5 or 6 vehicles all pull up at the same time in the parking lot. Up popped the trunks and in not much time there were guns in every guy's hands being passed around and sighted skyward approvingly. Must've been some kind of impromptu gun sale or 'hunting club' meet...but it became pretty obvious that this was nothing out of the ordinary for anybody involved (and certainly nothing that I had ever witnessed before or since).

Offline SxS

Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:24 AM
It appears as if the Survival Card wil be released in May or June (at the latest) according to an e-mail received from Tool Logic....

Offline nezza33

Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 03:28:47 PM
What else do you get with the survival card?
J

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD