Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hi from the UK

gb Offline GuyWood

Hi from the UK
on: March 21, 2013, 08:47:01 PM
Hi everyone, just signed up  :D. I started a couple of years ago when I gave up shooting. When I went to sell my 8mm Mauser at the gun shop, he revealed it wasn't strictly legal and as such wasn't worth much but said I could choose something from the shop worth upto £30. I chose what I now know is a black 'Climber'.

I've now discovered all these cool websites like here, Sakwiki and Sosak etc and am starting to collect. I have a black Climber and a red jelly Climber so far with a Mechanic and a Wabenmuster on the way from the US  :).

What I really wanted to ask was a favour... For some reason, you lucky guys and gals in the States seem to have a hugely greater number of models available than we do in the UK. I'm looking for a friend who'd be prepared to buy and post SAKs to the UK for me, obviously fully paid for by me! Just FYI, SAKs with non-locking blades are 100% legal in the UK, it's only the lockers that are on very dodgy ground legally.

I'd be completely happy to do any buy/posting in the UK->USA direction in return  :salute:.
- Or was I too preoccupied with other thoughts, like: if toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Re: Hi from the UK
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:53:37 PM
Hi, Welcome to the forums.  :salute:
Check out the link below to start with.
Tim always has some very nice deals going and is always great with shipping to the UK.

http://www.edcsource.com/FELINEVET-SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-STORE,name,100015,user_id,shop

gb Offline GuyWood

Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:11 PM
Hi, Thanks for the welcome! The Wabenmuster is actually coming from the EDC site - seems a cool resource for us Ukers :).
- Or was I too preoccupied with other thoughts, like: if toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:46:00 PM
Hi Guy,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly folks here, including a large pack from the UK. Check out their latest feeding frenzy on the 'Test, Please Ignore' thread.  :D

gb Offline GuyWood

Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:07:35 PM
Ha, ha, just read the whole thing - we're not all mad you know  :whistle:.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Guy :cheers:

Buying from EDCSource is an excellent way to get your mitts on some new shinies :tu:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:35 PM
Hi Guy,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly folks here, including a large pack from the UK. Check out their latest feeding frenzy on the 'Test, Please Ignore' thread.  :D
:facepalm:

Nice to meet you GW,but why oh why did you flog the Mauser?!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:56 PM
Hi Guy,

I'm still trying to figure out why a 98 would be illegal.....  :think:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 10:57:57 PM
Hi Guy,

I'm still trying to figure out why a 98 would be illegal.....  :think:

It's not illegal,as long as you have fullbore on your ticket,but I'm guessing its getting more difficult to find ranges where you can use an8x57...
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 10:59:54 PM
 :(  That really sucks.  I love my Mausers.  Hopefully the weather will break soon and I can take them out to play....
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 02:04:59 AM
G'day & welcome Woody  :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline stax

Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 04:00:17 AM
Welcome!

gb Offline GuyWood

Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:10 AM
Thanks again for the welcome chaps.

The mauser was legal and on my ticket. When the guy at the gun shop took it to bits to check, he found out it hadn't been reproofed when it was imported into the UK decades ago. This rendered it in some kind of legal grey zone  :whistle:.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:05:12 AM
Welcome mate  :cheers:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:06 AM
Thanks again for the welcome chaps.

The mauser was legal and on my ticket. When the guy at the gun shop took it to bits to check, he found out it hadn't been reproofed when it was imported into the UK decades ago. This rendered it in some kind of legal grey zone  :whistle:.

That's a real shame :cry:

it Offline basilio

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:07 AM
Welcome!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99