Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

TV - Game of Thrones

Whoey · 634 · 29571

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: TV - Game of Thrones
Reply #330 on: July 01, 2016, 11:43:13 AM
OMG!!! Cersei's sins have taken a toll on her face...

And, I was young a black bra under a white T-shirt was considered slutty... Kids these days 

:facepalm:

That's a top, not a bra...
 :pok: :pok:

Lost your bifocals again?...
 :D :D :D :D

I have no need of my bifocals for such matters  :D :D

I know it's a crop top so it should count as even sluttier by my previous century's standards. I don't mind that, I was just remebering my youth  ;)

Your words make me wish I lived in those days.

Show content
Apparently, everything was slutty...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know about everything, I do know that I certainly am  :D
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #331 on: July 01, 2016, 02:29:41 PM
Hope this never happens...

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
Reply #332 on: July 01, 2016, 07:05:26 PM
I think this season was te best till now.

What do you think?

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #333 on: July 01, 2016, 07:53:38 PM
As for this last (so far) episode... Brilliant!

Remember Arya, the sweet innocent girl from the first episodes? Aaaand... it's gone!
Show content

Arya sweet innocent girl?

I must have watched a different show. I remember a wannabe young warrior girl who tormented her brother by outshooting him with a bow, and wanting to learn sword fighting. When the kong was coming to Winterfell for a visit, they had to snatch the helmet off Arya's head and tried to make her act more 'ladylike.'

At Kings Landing, Ned had Serrio give Arya 'dancing lessons' to appease her warrior girl leanings that were well known enough that her brother gave her the gift of Needle. A sword scaled down for her small size. I think the first season was filled with enough clues to hint at Arya becoming a serious player in the final fighting for the seven kingdoms. I think they were showing the viewers that a very hard substance was under a veneer in that girl. Now that she's become a very adept assassin, there's gonna be some real payback.

Maybe she has gone such a dark path lately that I remember her as I said. You are right, she always was something of a Tomboy but I still think she saw all of that like kind of a game, one at which she was better than her brother. The passage from that being a game to being her reality was quite harsh.
Arya's character has gone down some pretty interesting paths. She was always my favorite character (after Margaery :drool:), and i was pretty dissapointed in how little screen time she had been getting lately. Still, Walder Frey's death (and death and subsequent baking of his sons) was probably the most satisfying and poetic death in the show.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #334 on: July 01, 2016, 07:57:29 PM
As for this last (so far) episode... Brilliant!

Remember Arya, the sweet innocent girl from the first episodes? Aaaand... it's gone!
Show content

Arya sweet innocent girl?

I must have watched a different show. I remember a wannabe young warrior girl who tormented her brother by outshooting him with a bow, and wanting to learn sword fighting. When the kong was coming to Winterfell for a visit, they had to snatch the helmet off Arya's head and tried to make her act more 'ladylike.'

At Kings Landing, Ned had Serrio give Arya 'dancing lessons' to appease her warrior girl leanings that were well known enough that her brother gave her the gift of Needle. A sword scaled down for her small size. I think the first season was filled with enough clues to hint at Arya becoming a serious player in the final fighting for the seven kingdoms. I think they were showing the viewers that a very hard substance was under a veneer in that girl. Now that she's become a very adept assassin, there's gonna be some real payback.

Maybe she has gone such a dark path lately that I remember her as I said. You are right, she always was something of a Tomboy but I still think she saw all of that like kind of a game, one at which she was better than her brother. The passage from that being a game to being her reality was quite harsh.
Arya's character has gone down some pretty interesting paths. She was always my favorite character (after Margaery :drool:), and i was pretty dissapointed in how little screen time she had been getting lately. Still, Walder Frey's death (and death and subsequent baking of his sons) was probably the most satisfying and poetic death in the show, so far.

FTFY!

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #335 on: July 01, 2016, 08:00:08 PM
We've seen great deaths, for one reason or another.

One of my favourites is from the guy fighting Bron, when he was saving Tyrion from prison. After Bron throws him down the hole:
"You don't fight fair!"
Bron: "No. But he did."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #336 on: July 01, 2016, 09:46:32 PM
I think Arya will become Jon Snows personal/secret service guard and save his life a few times! :salute:

(after she proves/shows her ninja skills) :D

and where the heck did she get that mask? steal it? (would they allow that?) make it? (because she learned how) and will they allow an independent to do this? :think:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:52:29 PM by WhichDawg »

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #337 on: July 03, 2016, 12:31:12 AM

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #338 on: July 03, 2016, 04:51:16 PM
We've seen great deaths, for one reason or another.

One of my favourites is from the guy fighting Bron, when he was saving Tyrion from prison. After Bron throws him down the hole:
"You don't fight fair!"
Bron: "No. But he did."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

YES!!

That was one of my favorite scenes with my favorite character. The thing abut Bron is, he is so pragmatic about everything, and he has no illusions about honor or any of that. To him it's all about the money he gets paid, and surviving to enjoy what that money will buy in the way of drink and women or whatever. He latched onto Tyrion because he was a Lannister and that meant money. Bron is a sell sword first and for most. It's always about the money.

Rember that scene where they are going you to battle to save King's landing from the invasion by Stanis? Tryrion wished Bron "good luck my friend" and Bron says "Oh, we're friends now?"  Tryion said that he thought they were and Bron reminded Tyrion that he paid him(Bron). Tyrion thought that the money 'enhanced' the friendship. Tyrion really didn't get it. When it came to crunch time and Tyrion was on trial by combat, Bron wasn't his man anymore. He'd been bought off by the Lannisters and he really didn't want to fight the Mountain anyways. Too big a rush for the money. The talk he had with Tyrion in his dungeon cell was very telling.

Through all the seasons and scheming and back stabbing, Bron has always been predictable and smart. Bron is for Bron. He doesn't care about who sits on the iron throne, he doesn't even care who he's loyal to. It's always about the money and his own security.

Plus I guess I'm a fan of Jerome Flynn from his roles Sargent Drake on Ripper Street. But he gets promoted to Inspector Drake in season three I think.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:55:24 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #339 on: July 05, 2016, 02:14:47 PM
A closer look at the finale.

Can anyone teel me what those chandelier-like things are called (2m28s)? I tried to understand what she calls them but to no avail...
 :-[

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #340 on: July 05, 2016, 05:25:19 PM
orary
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #341 on: July 05, 2016, 05:34:25 PM
orary

Tried looking that up (it was what I understood, too) but there's no entry in dictionaries for it. Only got https://www.wordnik.com/words/orary, that led me to http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/orarium

Unless you hang the deacon, it doesn't make sense... Do you think she got the name wrong?...
 :think: :think:

Could it be http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/horary ? Kinda like a sundial or something similar?...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:36:19 PM by pfrsantos »

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #342 on: July 05, 2016, 07:55:29 PM
orary

Tried looking that up (it was what I understood, too) but there's no entry in dictionaries for it. Only got https://www.wordnik.com/words/orary, that led me to http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/orarium

Unless you hang the deacon, it doesn't make sense... Do you think she got the name wrong?...

Could it be http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/horary ? Kinda like a sundial or something similar?...

Orrery, they are super cool and some of them are super advanced!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #343 on: July 05, 2016, 08:00:49 PM
^ yeah google images spit up correct results for mine but obviously I didn't look for wikipedia links
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #344 on: July 05, 2016, 08:04:45 PM
orary

Orrery, they are super cool and some of them are super advanced!

Thanks! This was driving me mad (well, madder...)!
 :cheers: :tu:

We should have know...

Show content
When trying to find something...

Show content

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #345 on: July 06, 2016, 03:46:04 PM
Everyone I've seen doing reaction videos to s06e10 have been elated about Arya killing Frey. I get it, but NO ONE seems to mention how very sad it is that Arya has become this killing machine. I'm not sure if that makes her more interesting, having her childhood stolen/corrupted. It fits GoT, though.

And for me, I think Ramsey's death has, so far, been my favorite. So very apropos. With maybe the awesome gold crown death for Viserys being a close second. No, wait... scratch that, I'm going Viserys first, then Ramsey. The only difference is we had so little time to learn to hate Viserys.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #346 on: July 06, 2016, 05:13:05 PM
Everyone I've seen doing reaction videos to s06e10 have been elated about Arya killing Frey. I get it, but NO ONE seems to mention how very sad it is that Arya has become this killing machine. I'm not sure if that makes her more interesting, having her childhood stolen/corrupted. It fits GoT, though.

And for me, I think Ramsey's death has, so far, been my favorite. So very apropos. With maybe the awesome gold crown death for Viserys being a close second. No, wait... scratch that, I'm going Viserys first, then Ramsey. The only difference is we had so little time to learn to hate Viserys.

Another great death: Tywin Lannister.

Show content

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #347 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:25 PM

Show content

Arya has become my girl!! love the transformation to a no nonsense  kick a$$ person who's checking names off a list. Love that she's evolved and took charge of her own fate. Rooting for her all the way.

Tywin is a case study in stupidity. The man was a legend in his own mind.

He has a cople kids, two of witch are total losers. He its the KIngslayer in charge of an army, who then promptly gets defeated and captured, spending the whole next season sitting in the mud chained up. Jamie makes bad decisions. But not as bad as his sister. who's a total nut jun. But who does Tywin have to resort to; his dwarf son who he hates, tells openly he'd cast him into the sea expet that he was a Lannister. Then when Tyrion proves to be hero, he then removes him form the hand of the king position, sticks him in some basement room to recover, and then tried him for killing the king.

THEN, after all that, when he's caught with his pants down, literally, sitting on the can, and Tyrion tells him not to call Shea a whore, he does it again!!!

Now I ask you, if your VERY estranged son, who you've condemned to death, has a cross bow aimed at you, and tells you to not call her that, at that point wouldn't a prudent, smart man choose his words veeeerrrry carefully? Huh???

Apparently Tywin wasn't that smart!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:37:44 PM by cbl51 »

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #348 on: July 06, 2016, 05:42:32 PM

Show content

Arya has become my girl!! love the transformation to a no nonsense  kick a$$ person who's checking names off a list. Love that she's evolved and took charge of her own fate. Rooting for her all the way.

He has a cople kids, two of witch are total losers. He its the KIngslayer in charge of an army, who then promptly gets defeated and captured, spending the whole next season sitting in the mud chained up. Jamie makes bad decisions. But not as bad as his sister. who's a total nut jun. But who does Tywin have to resort to; his dwarf son who he hates, tells openly he'd cast him into the sea expet that he was a Lannister. Then when Tyrion proves to be hero, he then removes him form the hand of the king position, sticks him in some basement room to recover, and then tried him for killing the king.

THEN, after all that, when he's caught with his pants down, literally, sitting on the can, and Tyrion tells him not to call Shea a whore, he does it again!!!

Now I ask you, if your VERY estranged son, who you've condemned to death, has a cross bow aimed at you, and tells you to not call her that, at that point wouldn't a prudent, smart man choose his words veeeerrrry carefully? Huh???

Well, one thing comes to mind...

Show content

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #349 on: July 06, 2016, 06:08:47 PM

Show content

Well, one thing comes to mind...

Show content

At least I got chicken.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #350 on: July 06, 2016, 06:17:10 PM

Apparently, you're missing one VERY important fact.

Tyrion is NOT Tywin's son. Or, at least, Tywin suspects this to be the case, and I'm 99% certain he's right. Tywin can't PROVE Tyrion isn't his son, so he has to treat him as if he was. Tywin is convinced that Tyrion is the son of the Mad King Aerys, who had a serious thing for Joanna (Tywin's late wife). People get caught up on thinking Tywin hated Tyrion because he was a dwarf. Tywin hated him because he was made a cuckold by the mad king, and forced to raise the king's smurf (edit: really, bast-rd gets 'smurfed'? huh.) as his own child. He says as much in the series, something about not being able to prove Tyrion isn't his son.

It's not clear in the TV series, but moreso in the books. Tyrion has a mixture of black and pale blond hair. More Targaryen blond than Lannister blond.

As for how Tywin addresses Tyrion before his death... I'd say he had nothing left but bluff, and used it... and failed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:18:40 PM by Lynn LeFey »

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #351 on: July 06, 2016, 06:25:19 PM

Apparently, you're missing one VERY important fact.

Tyrion is NOT Tywin's son. Or, at least, Tywin suspects this to be the case, and I'm 99% certain he's right. Tywin can't PROVE Tyrion isn't his son, so he has to treat him as if he was. Tywin is convinced that Tyrion is the son of the Mad King Aerys, who had a serious thing for Joanna (Tywin's late wife). People get caught up on thinking Tywin hated Tyrion because he was a dwarf. Tywin hated him because he was made a cuckold by the mad king, and forced to raise the king's smurf (edit: really, bast-rd gets 'smurfed'? huh.) as his own child. He says as much in the series, something about not being able to prove Tyrion isn't his son.

It's not clear in the TV series, but moreso in the books. Tyrion has a mixture of black and pale blond hair. More Targaryen blond than Lannister blond.

As for how Tywin addresses Tyrion before his death... I'd say he had nothing left but bluff, and used it... and failed.

I never read any of the books, and the TV show is kind of murky on that, or at least I'm dense enough that i didn't recognize it. My bottom line is, when someone has a weapon aimed at your chest, speak Veeery slowly and think veeery carefully what you say. The fact that Tywin tried any bluff at all given how Tyrion had been treated up tp that point, for whatever reason, is just proof that Tywin wan't near as smart as he thought he was. Dumb actually. First rule of life in violent times and places; don't piss off the guy who has your life under his trigger finger!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #352 on: July 06, 2016, 09:43:26 PM
Tywin was what he was. You can be VERY smart, and still die. Tywin WAS very smart... when it came to ruling with an iron hand. When maneuvering forces. When applying pressure. He was NOT good at playing the 'soft skills' game.

Setting that aside, I LOVED this guy's commentary on S06E10. Hilarious. (Edit. SUPER NSFW potty mouth)

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #353 on: July 07, 2016, 05:15:10 AM
If Bran Stark was marked by the ice king and was able to enter the Three eyed raven's sanctuary, what will happen if Bran enter the ice wall?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #354 on: July 07, 2016, 05:58:33 AM
I think you need some dragon glass in your heart to be bared with magic, not just marked ;)

magic "outside" opposed to magic "within"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:00:29 AM by WhichDawg »

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #355 on: July 07, 2016, 09:13:22 AM
I think you need some dragon glass in your heart to be bared with magic, not just marked ;)

magic "outside" opposed to magic "within"

Is the magic of the sanctuary of the three eyed raven different from the magic of the wall?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #356 on: July 07, 2016, 10:29:18 AM
I'm pissed.

I've waited for two bloody seasons, and they still have not mentioned my favourite character.

Show content
Lady Stoneheart

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #357 on: July 07, 2016, 05:30:50 PM
Great... So it's GoT meets TWD?!

All the Starks become zombies?!

:facepalm:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #358 on: July 07, 2016, 06:40:17 PM
I'm pissed.

I've waited for two bloody seasons, and they still have not mentioned my favourite character.

Show content
Lady Stoneheart

I'm not sure we're going to see her come back myself.  It's been a few years since I read the books, but IIRC the leader of the Brotherhood was supposed to have given up his life for her.  Since he's still around then I think they've given that particular story a miss.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #359 on: July 07, 2016, 08:28:27 PM
Yeah, there are a metric smurf-ton of story lines cut from the books to simplify for the tv series.

So... some of the stuff has to go. (shrug)

I liked the idea of Lady Stoneheart, but I'm not losing sleep over its absence from the TV series. And, if anyone cares, I haven't read the books. I just know a lot about them from friends and reading wikis. I have a terrible, TERRIBLE time keeping character names straight, and after reading the first third of A Game of Thrones, and being utterly inundated with character names, I gave up. I'd probably do better on a second read now, knowing more about what's going on, but I'm not hearing positive stuff about the latest book(s), so... think I'll pass.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%