Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OMG! Am I cured?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: OMG! Am I cured?
Reply #60 on: May 01, 2014, 12:35:59 AM
Good, good. You got a BO Surge yet? Or that shiney Powerlock? Or a Supertimer? Or the new Skinith........
:)

live from Nate's mobile
You classic enabler you! ... you forgot to mention a BO Rebar or CT41  :multi: :climber: >:D
Oh yeah! And a CT34, and a Farmer, and a Vulcan and a......

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: May 01, 2014, 08:32:14 AM
I'm pretty much cured  :facepalm: well the s2 hasn't left my pocket since getting it months ago and the SOS pouch and champ live in my backpack and s4 on my keychain, its been a long journey but one I would end with my of wave if UK laws was different  :cry: but the s2 covers my urban needs and the champ feels the gap tool wise,the only time I really test mt's is while doing my extra job and that's ended for now,there's a few I would try but happy where I am at this point  :tu:

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #62 on: May 01, 2014, 11:20:08 AM
I'm pretty much cured  :facepalm: well the s2 hasn't left my pocket since getting it months ago and the SOS pouch and champ live in my backpack and s4 on my keychain, its been a long journey but one I would end with my of wave if UK laws was different  :cry: but the s2 covers my urban needs and the champ feels the gap tool wise,the only time I really test mt's is while doing my extra job and that's ended for now,there's a few I would try but happy where I am at this point  :tu:
Just when I think I'm cured, something NEW comes out that I just gotta have... But for now, I'm pretty well set also :tu:
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #63 on: May 01, 2014, 02:30:37 PM
Just when I think I'm cured, something NEW comes out that I just gotta have... But for now, I'm pretty well set also :tu:

I'm pretty well set too.  Now that I have the OG Wave, and a bonus of the original SuperTool as well, there's not much else I feel I need/want.  I'm all set with SAKs, with the exception of a couple tweaks that will require a modder.  That will likely be my treat from next year's tax refund ;) 

As for MTs, I have the PST version I've been wanting (thanks to a very generous buddy member) and the OG Wave was the primary MT I had been wanting to get my hands on.  I think the only other one I was curious about was the Swisstool, and I almost got one, but ended up with the Wave and SuperTool instead, which was a much better score, imho, especially considering the new condition of both tools.  Not sure if I'll end up going for a Swisstool eventually, but knowing this place, I'll likely end up wanting one ;) 
K-Tibbs

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: May 01, 2014, 03:35:40 PM
Of coarse  you will......you know you want one.....

live from Nate's mobile
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #65 on: May 01, 2014, 03:55:07 PM
Of coarse  you will......you know you want one.....

live from Nate's mobile

I know what you're trying to do there enabler :pok: ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

Reply #66 on: May 02, 2014, 12:22:44 PM
What you really need is a Cybertool if you don't already have one  >:D :pok: :pok: :pok:
SAW

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #67 on: May 02, 2014, 12:40:37 PM
Cybertool is next on my list...

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

us Offline sawman

Reply #68 on: May 02, 2014, 12:45:56 PM

While pretty much everyone wishes they had a wider selection of bits available, they do offer the most commonly used ones. One thing the CT does have over any other tool is a slim extended bit driver for those recessed screws. I own the CT41 but would probably recommend the CT34 for those who feel the Swisschamp is maybe a little to big.
SAW

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #69 on: May 02, 2014, 12:49:04 PM

While pretty much everyone wishes they had a wider selection of bits available, they do offer the most commonly used ones. One thing the CT does have over any other tool is a slim extended bit driver for those recessed screws. I own the CT41 but would probably recommend the CT34 for those who feel the Swisschamp is maybe a little to big.

This is exactly where I'm stuck. Like the 34 but the extra tools of the 41 seem better but heavier.

us Offline sawman

Reply #70 on: May 02, 2014, 12:50:19 PM

This is exactly where I'm stuck. Like the 34 but the extra tools of the 41 seem better but heavier.

It just comes down to how often you think you'll be using the file and/or saw...
SAW

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #71 on: May 02, 2014, 12:52:39 PM

It just comes down to how often you think you'll be using the file and/or saw...

Not very often as a leatherman is usually close by...

Thanks. Guess I'm on to the 34 then.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #72 on: January 13, 2015, 08:40:45 PM
I'm feeling it again, third time since I joined. I might relapse during the anniversary giveaway frenzy, as usual, or when I receive my new Skinth and try to fill it up to the limit. Thankfully the Shield 2XL won't take what the CatchAll could, I was filling the later for almost 10 months. And when I did I decided to step down.
I am cursed in my life to try to be the always rational one. I thank you guys and the forum because I can do irrational things with no remorse in this crazy enviroment.   It's better than psychotherapy and it is even cheaper too (at least for me).

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #73 on: January 14, 2015, 12:29:31 PM

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #74 on: January 14, 2015, 01:35:57 PM
I received something shinny today, a Skeletool and a kobalt tool and I felt something in my heart.
The problem is I now have everything I ever wanted, tools to use and tools to look at, so I predict buying a few stuff from time to time to experience them but I don't really see anything replacing my Spirit or Swisschamp.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: January 14, 2015, 08:01:49 PM

I have all the mt's/tools I need at the moment :multi:. I'll continue to lurk around here and post.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: January 15, 2015, 01:47:59 PM
I hardly ever buy any new MTs. The last knife I bought was an Opie  and that was months ago. But I like hanging around here. Nice group of people here.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: January 15, 2015, 03:16:15 PM
I hardly ever buy any new MTs. The last knife I bought was an Opie  and that was months ago. But I like hanging around here. Nice group of people here.

Nate

There's a lot to be said for that!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 06:29:54 PM

Nate

Yes there is :tu:  Even though I'm approaching the point of not really wanting/needing anything else, that doesn't mean I'd hang around here less, or not at all.  You all can't get rid of me that easily >:D
K-Tibbs

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 06:46:09 PM

Nate

Yes there is :tu:  Even though I'm approaching the point of not really wanting/needing anything else, that doesn't mean I'd hang around here less, or not at all.  You all can't get rid of me that easily >:D

I'm sort of at the same point.  I'm actually going through what I have and trying to decide where to focus and what are tools that I picked up, but really don't fit with my collecting preferences anymore.

For example, I have a Juice Pro that's new, but I'm pretty much over the whole Juice series and should probably sell it on to someone who will appreciate it more. 

Lots of stuff like that. 

HOWEVER:  this is a really fun group of very nice people who have proclivities for gadgety things and that fits me perfectly.  :cheers:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #80 on: April 22, 2015, 10:44:11 PM

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #81 on: April 23, 2015, 11:18:13 PM
It seems no matter how many I have, I soon see something I don't have and think "oh, how awesome is that!?"... :/

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: May 31, 2015, 08:02:30 PM
I believe I can now join this club. The only two tools I want now is a Spirit X and a Skeletool. Finding what works best is a good feeling. I may be "cured" :rofl:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #83 on: May 31, 2015, 09:20:19 PM
I am sorry to say this sir, but unfortanly there is no cure for your disease.

:climber: :climber: :climber:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: May 31, 2015, 09:59:29 PM
I am sorry to say this sir, but unfortanly there is no cure for your disease.

:climber: :climber: :climber:
:rofl: one can only dream....although the new switchplier does look promising.  :facepalm: yup I'm still infected, commit me now doc before it's too late :ahhh
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:00:45 PM by Demel »
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #85 on: June 01, 2015, 12:46:23 PM
You wil encounter some ups and downs. But you can get old with this disease

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #86 on: July 19, 2021, 03:36:12 PM
KK if your around  :waving:.  Hi friend I miss you.  I was at the flea market and passed on several MTs and SAKs.  In the year I last posted I would have snapped up anything I saw MT and SAK.  Its actually been a while since I've been tempted to buy any and every tool I see. 

I am still very much interested in MTs and SAKs but the drive to try every new one or new to me is not as strong.  I'm sure long ago I reached the point of my own nirvana.  My go to are much the same for work and off days.  My SAK go to choices are also much the same.  I did pick up a new interest however.  Having years of collecting now under my belt I am a little more critical of what I buy with my new interest.  I have been enamored with traditional folding knives for a little while now. 

As I was at the flea market yesterday I realized my eye now spots them much quicker than MT or SAKs.  I'm sure I've just replaced one addiction with another.  KK being an expert in that field I'm sure you could shed some light on that. 

I do hope you and your family are well.  I hope you are getting out to your beach home more and more.  I miss your posts and pictures. 

Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #87 on: July 19, 2021, 05:57:08 PM
I'm sure I've just replaced one addiction with another.

I think I might have transitioned myself.   

Lately I've actually been thinning my MT herd a little, and haven't bought any new-to-me MTs for quite a while now.  I expect that winding down process will continue for the foreseeable future

But looking around my garage I see that my car detailing tools, polishing pads, and lotions and potions etc have expanded exponentially (I suspect I don't really need all 6 different glass cleaners I had, but that didn't stop me from buying yet another one this week "just to try it out, it's different, it might be better in some way than the others" ).

Once a collector, always a collector (isn't that right, Chako ? )
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #88 on: July 19, 2021, 07:25:57 PM
Indeed.  :iagree:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #89 on: July 19, 2021, 09:21:30 PM
 :iagree: :gimme: :gimme: :multi: :climber:

There is no cure, nor do I pretend or desire its existence.  :facepalm: :dunno:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%