Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

E. Behrman L'Electric Multi-Tool Pliers

us Offline MultiFool

E. Behrman L'Electric Multi-Tool Pliers
on: January 23, 2014, 08:55:26 PM
Hey guys!

Curious about E. Behrman L'Electric Multi-Tool Pliers. Cant seem to find anything on them, other than the 1 reference and pics in the MT.org museum.

Are these a valuable collectors item? Any info on these is appreciated  :cheers:

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Re: E. Behrman L'Electric Multi-Tool Pliers
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 04:03:25 AM
Not sure how valuable they are but they are a nice collectible.I have several variations of them but don't think I've ever paid more than $15 for them.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:46:17 PM
I agree with Ray here, the L'Electric is a very well built vintage multitool that predates Leatherman by about 30 years, but they don't seem to fetch a very high price when they occasionally come up for sale. :think:

The L'electric tool was made in France in the 1950's. It has features designed specifically for electricians.

A more commonly seen model built on the same frame is the Seaboard Steel pliers. They were also made in France, and Seaboard Steel was the importer, who sold them in the U.S. via mail order. Note the big triangle awl which replaces the L'electric's screw awl.

There are variations of the Seaboard tool. Some have different markings, some have a round hole wire cutter, some have a square hole, etc.

Perhaps the rarest member of the family is this one, with pruning jaws and a hawkbill knife blade:

I've seen a couple other variations too, but nice as they are they don't seem to attract very much collector interest.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:23:35 PM
This wire gauge combo blade is interesting. Not that the Vic wire stripper doesn't work.
The garden tool is awesome also.
Great presentation J-sews.

Offline Dave the Rave

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 12:35:56 AM
Would love to get me one of those seaboards, how hard is to find one ?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 12:49:26 AM
Would love to get me one of those seaboards, how hard is to find one ?

They are not particularly rare, so at any given time there is almost always one listed on eBay. Just do a search for Seaboard Steel. If you don't like the price's they are listed at, just wait. There will be more listed in a week or so, and sooner or later you can pick one up for around $25 or so. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%