Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One Year with MTo

Aloha · 52 · 2215

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
One Year with MTo
on: April 22, 2014, 06:08:44 AM
Well I've been so busy lately I totally forgot I passed my 1 year anniversary here on MTo April 14th.  I like many found this site due in part to looking for information on a tool.  I had several tools already and thought it was interesting how you all ( now myself ) rambled on about SAKs & MTs.  I would have never guessed this wonderful hobby would take hold.  I used all the tools I had prior to joining and really never dreamed of having the amount I do now.  Heck I never would have guessed I be buying tools I'd never plan to use. 

I have to always say a huge thank you to Grant ( Def ) for giving us a home.  I'd like to say thank you to all the Moderators and Admin for keeping this place running so smooth.  As always I'd like to thank each and everyone of you regulars who make this place somewhere I look forward to coming.  I have "met" some really super great people here and while we may never meet I consider you my friends. 

I've tried to be as involved ( see post count ) and contribute as much as I can.  I am a one man business and a divorced father of 3 teens so some times time is an issue.  I had such a flipping life changing event not much before coming here.  I'm thankful I have this place and you great folks to make me laff, teach me things, and generally keep me wanting to be here.  I had some hobbies before MTo but this by far is the most fun. 

I'm not really an EDCer tho I've carried crap on my person due to work and because well I have 3 kids.  My work carry was a Wave and a Wenger S10 and my off day carry was my Wingman and my Recruit.  I now carry a Surge and either a Deluxe Tinker or Wenger Tradesman for work and Juice S2 and a Swisschamp for off day.  I will switch out some times but I'm pretty stable so far. 

I love all the tools I have acquired and still have a ways before my retired LM collection is complete.  I am in no rush as the hunt and desire of getting a great deal is part of my fun.  I'm glad I've learned some of your fleabay names so I know not to go against you  ;).  I have tried to share this journey with you all as best as can through pictures and my personal experiences with my tools.     

I won't ramble on much more other than to say THANKS MTo it's been an amazing year.  Here's to another great one  :cheers:     

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Re: One Year with MTo
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:51:09 AM
It's great to have you here Aloha!¡! This place is about as far as I go for the social networking thing, I love it!¡! :D Congrats on making it a good year!¡!
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:41:37 AM
It's great to have you here Aloha!¡! This place is about as far as I go for the social networking thing, I love it!¡! :D Congrats on making it a good year!¡!
Its the same for me. I don't do facebook and all that other stuff.

Aloha, its great having you here. I enjoy your posts and thoughts. Here to another year!

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:58 AM
Congratulations on hitting the one year milestone!  And you are right, that is a very impressive post count for one year!  :D

So..... where's the picture of the collection you have amassed in the past year?  You can't say we are responsible for you getting a bunch of tools and not let us know what they are!   :pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:37:34 PM
 :worthless:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:38:24 PM
Congrats on the 1 year mark Aloha!  :cheers:  Hope you decide to stick around for many more years to come!!

Oh yeah.  If you don't show us pics, you are required to send out your entire collection to us.  :pok: :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 04:36:51 PM
Congrats Aloha :cheers: JR :D
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:39:59 PM
Thanks all, I will get those pics up ASAP.  It's been such a crazy month work wise so my normal blabber is short as all I want to do is come home eat and sleep.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:46 PM
Congrats on the first year of MT.O membership Aloha buddy :cheers:  You're one of the many members that help make this the place to be :tu:  Like you, I had other hobbies/interests that would take up my nights, but those have taken a back seat to this awesome place.  Hope to see you around for many more :D
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 09:28:28 PM
It is a great place to be, isn't it? And not just because of the SAKs and Multitools. It is the whole climate and the relaxed feeling the friendly, clever and open minded administration and moderation ensures. And the members of course make it what it is. I hope that you'll post again on many milestones to come.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:01 PM
Only a year? It feels like you've been around much longer. :cheers: It's been great having you here and I hope you stay for a long time to come.

And yes, a before and after joining MTO pic would be great. :D I did one when I hit 2 years and the amount of gear accumulated was :ahhh

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 02:14:18 AM
 :cheers:
Leatherman

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 02:35:59 AM
Aloha,

I am glad you are here at MTO.
this is not a put down to any other great member here (and there are many), but Aloha has become one of my personal friends.
we do not really communicate outside of MTO, but I feel like I have known you for many years.  I would not know you if I walked past you on the street, but I know what type of person you are inside, and you are the cream of the crop when it comes to selflessness and kindness.

You truly share for the sake of sharing, and reciprocity never crosses your mind.  That is a rare attribute in today's world

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: (three cheers) to Aloha.  thank you for being a bright example of the positive greatness that is MT.O.

Congratulations buddy
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 03:47:53 AM
Thank you Detron.  I will have to post a picture of my ugly mug so IF I'm ever in your neck of the woods you can say " HEY ALOHA007 :waving:". 

I started MTo with the following on 4/14/2013;
Wingman/Style CS (X3)
Sidekick/Carabiner
Wave/Bit Kit/Extender
Wenger Evo S10
Wenger Esquire (X2)
Wenger Evogrip 11
Victorinox Recruit

I gave most away with the exception of;
Wave/Bit Kit/Extender
Wenger S10
Wenger 11
Victorinox Recruit
LM Style CS
LM Carabiner

I have also given away a lot of tools throughout the year that I had duplicates of. 

The 1st picture is what I was left with.

The 2nd picture shows what I was left with ( top ) and the LMs I have collected.

The 3rd picture shows the other brands I have collected.  I didn't have any Victorinox plier based tools, SOGs, or Gerbers when I got here.   

The last picture shows what SAKs I was left with ( left of tools, S10 & 11 ) everything else was acquired.  The unopened box is my new Orange Alox that I'm saving for my son.   

I have an Old Swisschamp, LM P4, and a Mini Swiss Grip on the way.

I do have some favorites for sure and most know it's the JPSTs and Mr Pinchy's.  I also adore the KF4 from Lynn and my XE6.  I really like my SOG I got in a trade with Romanoat and my MP400CS I got in JerseyDevil's gaw.

I have a way to go as I said in my collection but it has really been fun hunting down tools and sniping on the bay of fleas.  I have scored some sweet tools in my fleamarket trips and my roomie even scored me my Flair.

The only thing I forgot to show was my Super tool 300 and Micra 30th Anniversary set. 

Thanks for looking.     
IMG_3841.JPG
* IMG_3841.JPG (Filesize: 269.54 KB)
IMG_3845.jpg
* IMG_3845.jpg (Filesize: 223.97 KB)
IMG_3844.jpg
* IMG_3844.jpg (Filesize: 225.82 KB)
IMG_3846.JPG
* IMG_3846.JPG (Filesize: 253.07 KB)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:49:39 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 03:53:27 AM
Great collection man :tu:  It seems this place has been a considerable source of enabling ;)
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 04:01:53 AM

Great collection man :tu:  It seems this place has been a considerable source of enabling ;)
+1 Great collection!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 04:02:36 AM
that is a great looking collection.  very nice!
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 04:49:02 AM
What a considerable jump in MTs/ SAKs :tu: Nice pics!¡! I started here with a decent amount of LM products and 2 SAKs and I think I have at least 10 SAKs now.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:11 AM
What a considerable jump in MTs/ SAKs :tu: Nice pics!¡! I started here with a decent amount of LM products and 2 SAKs and I think I have at least 10 SAKs now.

I had basically 2 MTs and 3 SAKs essentially when I began actively collecting.  I'm still not much of a SAK collector with the exception of CTs and SwissChamps.  I did end up with a few MiniChamps due to a few lots I won.  I may still get a few more Alox and the random SAK as I run into them but I really don't set out to find models. 

Leatherman is another story as well as Mr Pinchy tho I haven't really looked recently.  Lately I've been looking at fixed blades and lights. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 05:14:24 AM

Funny thing is I re-read what I had first posted and I was already hooked prior to joining up.  Joining was merely admitting I was a Steel Junkie.   :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 05:14:49 AM
that is a great looking collection.  very nice!

Thanks Buddy  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 05:16:08 AM

+1 Great collection!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks DMack
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 05:36:18 AM
Holy crap, don't tell me you got all that from just one year??  Either way nice collection! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 06:17:04 AM
Thanks for the photos. Looks like you are well on your way.  :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 06:23:30 AM
Holy crap, don't tell me you got all that from just one year??  Either way nice collection! JR

Thanks and yes pretty much from 4.14.2013 to today. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:48 AM
Thanks for the photos. Looks like you are well on your way.  :salute:

I have a ways to go still but most importantly I'm having a good time.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 10:48:36 AM
Your training is not complete.  :tu:

Welcome to the Elite.  :salute:

Seriously though, your collection is getting amazing buddy.  :tu: I wan't to see where your at in a year from today.  :D I always wanted to pull out all my tools and SAK's and take a picture, but I think I might realize how much of a problem I really have.  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 12:15:04 PM
Then you reach a point where you realize there is no way you are going to gather the whole family for a photo shoot because it becomes physically impossible to get them all in a single photo, and it would be time consuming to try.

So yes, eventually, one must get lazy.  :D

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:59 PM
Then you reach a point where you realize there is no way you are going to gather the whole family for a photo shoot because it becomes physically impossible to get them all in a single photo, and it would be time consuming to try.

So yes, eventually, one must get lazy.  :D

I think to get your collection in a single photo we would have to get a helicopter.  :D
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 12:48:57 PM
The good news, the floor is holding up!  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99