Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Mp600 owners club ;)

Zed · 1272 · 108618

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: Gerber Mp600 owners club ;)
Reply #150 on: October 11, 2015, 04:54:51 AM
I do buddy, even though I don't carry it much lately.  I like the Diesel too.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Would you say the Diesel is better or the same as the pro scout?
That's one I struggle with.  I would say overall they are the same to me, but each has pluses and minuses.  I like the Pro Scout's pliers and ease of flickiness better as the Diesel's is a little tougher/trickier to flick.  Neither has a metal saw, but the PS's remgrit saw could potentially do the job.  The Diesel has a wood saw, although the remgrit may handle that too.  Diesel is heavier too, but I prefer how it feels in hand.  It has the 2D phillips, but also has the largest flathead while the PS doesn't.  I think the Diesel slightly edges out the MP600 for my liking, but it's very close.

Makes sense. I was comparing the two and it seems to come down to very few differences. The pro scout also has the 3d phillips, blade exchanger, and the USA tag. I eventually want to get a pro scout because I had a diesel and it would be nice to compare the two in hand. Thanks for the feedback
Yeah the 3D phillips is a plus, but you lose the large flathead, so it's  a matter of preference there.  The blade exchanger with remgrit saw is a plus too, but I don't know what other blades are available, and don't like having other parts to carry since I don't use a sheath.  The Diesel just seems a little more complete to me.  It all comes down to personal preferences though, as all these MTs do.  The Pro Scout is great though, and I recommend it if you like Gerbers.  It's definitely one of the best :tu:

The reason it's a tough choice for me also is because I want to sell one or the other once I sort everything I need to sell.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #151 on: October 17, 2015, 06:27:59 AM
Now to further complicate my Gerber situation, I just ordered a bladeless MP600.  It has the blade exchanger with remgrit saw, and thanks to the extra space due to no blade, it has both the 3D phillips and large flathead (which the Pro Scout lacks).  I really don't necessarily have to have a blade on my MT anyway, although the Gerber blades are good utility type blades.  This one will likely edge out the MP600 PS, and will make my choice between it and the Diesel tougher. 

I think the remgrit saw would really handle either wood or metal in a pinch, and I honestly rarely have use to saw either one.  So that beats the Diesel as it has no metal sawing capability.  I'm thinking overall tool loadout goes to the bladeless MP600.  The key area the Diesel will still win for me is the feel in hand.  To me it just feels a little more solid and smoother.  The handles don't splay quite as far either, which is a plus for me.  I like the feel of it when squeezing the handles.  It may just come down to me keeping both the Diesel and bladeless MP600, and selling my other Gerbers when the time comes. 

I'm thinking I must enjoy torturing myself like this ::)
K-Tibbs

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #152 on: October 17, 2015, 03:26:50 PM
Why does the bladeless 600 only come in black?
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #153 on: October 17, 2015, 03:35:33 PM
I don't know if I could do the bladeless, as my plain wharncliff and serrated blades are used quite often in my MP600. In fact, I just sharpened my blade again yesterday to touch it up a bit. I don't think I would ever use the remgrit blade, nor the Gerber scissors. One thing I like about the standard model over the Pro Scout is the large flat driver, which also sees a lot of use.

I'm eagerly awaiting the mail today, as I have a Gerber bit kit coming which I assume adapts to my Phillips. I will carry this in pocket to support my MP600 and may outfit it with different bits, I'm not sure yet.

@Kyle - You don't have to pick a favorite and sell your others off. It IS possible to have and enjoy different models  ;)
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #154 on: October 17, 2015, 04:07:33 PM
I really don't know :think:

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #155 on: October 17, 2015, 04:15:51 PM
I don't know if I could do the bladeless, as my plain wharncliff and serrated blades are used quite often in my MP600. In fact, I just sharpened my blade again yesterday to touch it up a bit. I don't think I would ever use the remgrit blade, nor the Gerber scissors. One thing I like about the standard model over the Pro Scout is the large flat driver, which also sees a lot of use.

I'm eagerly awaiting the mail today, as I have a Gerber bit kit coming which I assume adapts to my Phillips. I will carry this in pocket to support my MP600 and may outfit it with different bits, I'm not sure yet.

@Kyle - You don't have to pick a favorite and sell your others off. It IS possible to have and enjoy different models  ;)
Yeah, if you use the MT blades a lot (which I don't), then a bladeless wouldn't be much good.  I do like the blade on them as it's a good utility blade, but I rarely use it.  The MechaRogue's blade and awl handle most or pretty much all of my typical blade needs.  Lol, I do understand I could keep them all, and I do enjoy them all.  However, I want to trim the fat so to speak.  I want just a few MTs to stick with, but it's a tough choice indeed.

K-Tibbs

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #156 on: October 17, 2015, 09:16:00 PM
I really don't know :think:

I'm not sure either, but I want one in SS.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Sky Pickle

Reply #157 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:57 AM
Recently acquired MP 600 Pro Scout:

Any suggestions on potential mods? I haven't tinkered with any MTs yet and am thinking about starting with this one (unless this is a particularly hard tool to work with).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:29:17 AM by Sky Pickle »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #158 on: October 20, 2015, 09:55:01 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

Any suggestions on potential mods? I haven't tinkered with any MTs yet and am thinking about starting with this one (unless this is a particularly hard tool to work with).

The MP600 is actually perfect to learn on. Its one of the easiest tools to mod.
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #159 on: October 20, 2015, 11:06:17 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice.  :tu:  Blunt nose it.  :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #160 on: October 30, 2015, 12:16:21 PM
I'm in a second time with the bladeless MP600.

K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

Reply #161 on: October 30, 2015, 12:30:31 PM
MP600 = best tool on market  :multi:
SAW

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #162 on: October 30, 2015, 06:19:53 PM
I would say one of my fawourites. I have blunt nosed MP600. Unfortinantely sees too little use because i have too many multis. This one i would like to mod with scissors and t-shank. Someday...

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #163 on: October 30, 2015, 07:04:53 PM
I would say one of my fawourites. I have blunt nosed MP600. Unfortinantely sees too little use because i have too many multis. This one i would like to mod with scissors and t-shank. Someday...

:pok: It's a simple mod..... :pok:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #164 on: October 30, 2015, 07:06:20 PM

ok: It's a simple mod..... ok:
Yes, but i have no spares for it yet...

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #165 on: October 30, 2015, 09:07:43 PM
MP600 = best tool on market  :multi:

It is an awesome, underrated tool.  Gerber gets such a bad rap but the MP series tools are just as well made and machined and Leathermans. 

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #166 on: November 03, 2015, 05:44:07 PM
I wanna join! Does this count? MP600 Basic modded with Excalibur shears. My current go to gardening tool.
20151103_103537-1200x1600.jpg
* 20151103_103537-1200x1600.jpg (Filesize: 160.65 KB)
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #167 on: November 03, 2015, 08:11:08 PM
I wanna join! Does this count? MP600 Basic modded with Excalibur shears. My current go to gardening tool.
I like that :tu:

K-Tibbs

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #168 on: November 04, 2015, 12:13:43 AM
Me too ;). Its just missing a woodsaw... For now

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #169 on: November 04, 2015, 12:37:42 AM

If you add in the tool holder you could put whatever saw blade you wanted in - wood, metal, remgrit (and easily swap/replace whenever you wanted).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline sawman

Reply #170 on: November 04, 2015, 03:24:22 AM

If you add in the tool holder you could put whatever saw blade you wanted in - wood, metal, remgrit (and easily swap/replace whenever you wanted).
I like the Pro Scout too except it's missing the large flat driver.
SAW

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #171 on: November 04, 2015, 04:34:32 AM
I thought about the blade exchanger, but the more I think of putting one on this tool, the more I realize it really just needs a wood saw. The MP600s I have are more like toolbox multis than edc multi, they are just too big (I pocket carry everything!). The cost of acquiring a blade exchanger Is too much for the limited utility I would get out of it, for now. Id rather save up for my next aquisition...

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #172 on: November 04, 2015, 04:18:56 PM
My MP600 bluntnose seems pretty well made, and I like playing around with the deployment mechanism. Unfortunately I got it one day before the Juice challenge started, so who knows when I'll actually get to use it. I feel like it would benefit from scissors, but I like the blunt pliers too much to want to trade it in for a Pro Scout.
What I really think it needs is an awl.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #173 on: November 04, 2015, 07:10:29 PM

The problem being is that it´s hard to find U-shank blades in general and ones with the hole and adequate thickness even more so. At least here in germany.
If you have a good source, let me know.

You could use the saw from a Strata or Diesel, for example, making the shears even more garden-oriented.

us Offline sawman

Reply #174 on: November 04, 2015, 11:38:07 PM
As far as EDC, although I have a sheath for my MP600, I often just toss it in my back pocket (where I barely notice it :D )
SAW

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #175 on: November 04, 2015, 11:53:13 PM

The problem being is that it´s hard to find U-shank blades in general and ones with the hole and adequate thickness even more so. At least here in germany

You could use the saw from a Strata or Diesel, for example, making the shears even more garden-oriented.
I actually already happen to have a u shank with the hole, it came with my jigsaw (which actually takes t shanks anyhow. :shrug:).

Ive thought of using a Diesel saw as well, didn't know the Strata saw would work as well

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #176 on: November 04, 2015, 11:54:51 PM
As far as EDC, although I have a sheath for my MP600, I often just toss it in my back pocket (where I barely notice it :D )
Right or left? I've got to be honest, I've never even considered back pocket carry got a multi...

us Offline sawman

Reply #177 on: November 04, 2015, 11:59:57 PM
Right or left? I've got to be honest, I've never even considered back pocket carry got a multi...
Wallet in right pocket and MP600 in left.
SAW

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #178 on: November 05, 2015, 12:03:02 AM

The problem being is that it´s hard to find U-shank blades in general and ones with the hole and adequate thickness even more so. At least here in germany.

The shops here stock them. Which brands fit the best? I don't know cause I still haven't got one yet.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #179 on: November 05, 2015, 12:22:26 AM
Wallet in right pocket and MP600 in left.
I think ill have to try that...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%