Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Work Boots

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Work Boots
Reply #210 on: March 30, 2020, 08:32:58 PM
ok that even looks nasty
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #211 on: June 04, 2022, 05:04:05 PM
Well well well, its been some time since I've posted here.  Hope everyones feet are feeling great.  Over time I've picked up a few more pairs of boots.  The first pair I bought which I showed I beat the tar out of.  I was not kind to these boots in any way.  I did clean and add protectant pretty regularly till the last year of use. 

Looking at the family pic the top row
1.Clark Chukka boots I got pre owned.  They were in such good shape I decided why not.  I don't wear them as much as I thought but they are nice to have.
2. I bought these in 2016 after my first part of Thorogood boots.  These are in amazing shape since I wear these only off days.  I was going to use these as work boots but decided not to. 
3. Thorogood I picked up to replace my original Thorogood work boots.  I actually wear these as my off day boots much like #2.

Row two

1 Merrill.  My original hiking shoes.  They are awesome and are looking great too.  I didn't snap a pic of the second pair I have that rotate with these. 
2. La Crosse.  I picked these up preowned.  They were in great shape so my intention was my yard boots and wet work boots.  I've used them for both and they are really nice.
3.Wolverine steel toe.  Another pair I got preowned.  Truthfully they didn't seem to have been worn much at all. I don't need steel toe shoes but for the price I had to try and they were my size.  Boot #3 above was bought to be a work boot but I found these and have been wearing them daily.  They are heavy but not a bad boot at all. 

Front. 

These are my original Thorogood boots.  What a heck of a life they've had.  I was going to have them resoled but I didn't as you can see.  Its now $125 so I took a hard pause.  Instead I bought boot #3 in row 1 then found boot #3 in row two.  I may still get them resoled since Thorogood boots have gone way up in price since I first began this boot journey.  These cost $130 then and are now $190.  I believe they are worth every penny.  Resole is $125 which is why I got the new boots. 

Higgins, I hope you are well my friend.  Been a while.   

* IMG_5294.jpg (Filesize: 326.06 KB)

* IMG_5295.jpg (Filesize: 286.2 KB)

* IMG_5296.jpg (Filesize: 229.04 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #212 on: June 04, 2022, 06:16:06 PM
Dang, I’d say you got your use out of them, heck they have nothing let on the freaking bottoms!

My only thing with work boots is once I got a new job and because of my new job I figured I’d get me a nice new expensive pair, well I had them fitted and everything, 3days later I was in such pain to put my feet down, I threw on my cheap like $20 Kmart shoes cause I just couldn’t take them, I took them back and explained and they gave me my like $145 back, those were Redwings, later I did get I think Carolina’s which did last a good length of time.
JR
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 06:30:16 PM by MadPlumbarian »
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #213 on: June 09, 2022, 06:34:24 PM
Yeah I wore the heck out of my first pair.  They were so comfortable it was really hard not to.  8 hours in my Wolverines the other day and 20 total over the weekend.  These boots are not bad at all.  Add in some good insoles and you'd be set. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #214 on: June 09, 2022, 11:40:19 PM
Well well well, its been some time since I've posted here.  Hope everyones feet are feeling great.  Over time I've picked up a few more pairs of boots.  The first pair I bought which I showed I beat the tar out of.  I was not kind to these boots in any way.  I did clean and add protectant pretty regularly till the last year of use. 

Looking at the family pic the top row
1.Clark Chukka boots I got pre owned.  They were in such good shape I decided why not.  I don't wear them as much as I thought but they are nice to have.
2. I bought these in 2016 after my first part of Thorogood boots.  These are in amazing shape since I wear these only off days.  I was going to use these as work boots but decided not to. 
3. Thorogood I picked up to replace my original Thorogood work boots.  I actually wear these as my off day boots much like #2.

Row two

1 Merrill.  My original hiking shoes.  They are awesome and are looking great too.  I didn't snap a pic of the second pair I have that rotate with these. 
2. La Crosse.  I picked these up preowned.  They were in great shape so my intention was my yard boots and wet work boots.  I've used them for both and they are really nice.
3.Wolverine steel toe.  Another pair I got preowned.  Truthfully they didn't seem to have been worn much at all. I don't need steel toe shoes but for the price I had to try and they were my size.  Boot #3 above was bought to be a work boot but I found these and have been wearing them daily.  They are heavy but not a bad boot at all. 

Front. 

These are my original Thorogood boots.  What a heck of a life they've had.  I was going to have them resoled but I didn't as you can see.  Its now $125 so I took a hard pause.  Instead I bought boot #3 in row 1 then found boot #3 in row two.  I may still get them resoled since Thorogood boots have gone way up in price since I first began this boot journey.  These cost $130 then and are now $190.  I believe they are worth every penny.  Resole is $125 which is why I got the new boots. 

Higgins, I hope you are well my friend.  Been a while.   

Nice selection of boots.

When I was in the Navy Belleville were my boots of choice.  I also had a pair of Redwings of wore into the ground, but they still didn’t look as bad as that pair of Thorgoods.  I let them take a deep sea dive because I didn’t want to fly them home after my last deployment.

The closet I get to boots nowadays, seems to be a pair of Keens.  I have had to pairs of Bedrock sandals resoled but they definitely wouldn’t count as boots.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #215 on: June 10, 2022, 03:39:51 PM
 :D Unless what you do today requires boots sandals sound perfect.  I do love my Thorogood boots.  You can find me in Rainbow flip flops or Croc slides most day while at home. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD