Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who's a sunflower seed nut?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Who's a sunflower seed nut?
on: May 26, 2015, 11:13:27 PM
Ok, I asked something similar like three years ago so I figured I'd ask again. Who's a sunflower seed nut, if so what kind of spitting cup do you use besides a soda bottle? I've been looking for that just right one but I just can't seem to find it. I have one of the first pics, it's made for snack carry but I thought it was cool, works great! The next one, the green one is called a seedmate, I tried to find them but I can't find a anything, I think that looks to be the best(go fig the one you can't get).. The green, yellow, blue one is supposedly made just for the seeds but I'm just not thrilled of it. the next one, the blue/red, lol that's one of those workout cups, you can supposedly store two diff liquids, or one liquid and one snack, or even your phone and a drink, but that think looks to big? And lastly another one made just for seeds, and again I wrote to them to find any info on it and am still waiting for a response.. So I was just wondering if any of you have your unique setups?
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Re: Who's a sunflower seed nut?
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:44:09 PM
I came across another interesting product at Aldi recently.  It's a seasoning salt called Tajin. (www.tajin.com) I think it originates in Mexico. It's a chili-lime-juice-salt that I shake over unsalted peanuts. Tart and salty.  Sometime, I'm going to try to soak some unsalted peanuts in this stuff dissolved in water and dry them in the oven.
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:55:28 PM
I came across another interesting product at Aldi recently.  It's a seasoning salt called Tajin. (www.tajin.com) I think it originates in Mexico. It's a chili-lime-juice-salt that I shake over unsalted peanuts. Tart and salty.  Sometime, I'm going to try to soak some unsalted peanuts in this stuff dissolved in water and dry them in the oven.

I do something similar but with a BBQ dry rub

·      1/2 cup brown sugar
·      1/4 cup paprika
·      1 tablespoon black pepper
·      1 tablespoon salt
·      1 tablespoon chili powder
·      1 tablespoon garlic powder
·      1 tablespoon onion powder
·      1 teaspoon cayenne

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:48 AM
The finches around our bird feeder. Have to refill it every day. The towhees and squirrels go for what they spill on the ground, and then the raccoons clean up what's left after dark.

Slight shift.   :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:53:46 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:34:48 PM
I guess no one is really a seed nut, I just figured out of over 4500 members there would be at least a couple..

Kosmo that rub sound good but I'd go with smashie's, I'm a bbq lover, the ones I live off of don't need any change their Jim beam bbq seeds :D heck my wife's are Jim beam Jalapeño ones..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:41:40 PM
I do love seeds, but they're so messy .............

Anyway, as for a .. spitting cup, as you call it, we use simple paper - there are so many useless brochures that come in the mail, so I just make a cone and use that. It's simple, you don't have to wash it, just when you're done fold it and throw it in the trash :D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:47:04 PM
Bit of a sunflower seed nut myself, but than again, I'm Romanian - popping sunflower and pumpkin seeds is a national passtime.

On the cup bit, I can't help... as this being Romania, people just spit them on the ground, on the bench, in the head of the person in front at a game or in the best case back in the same bag:

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 01:47:59 PM
I do love seeds, but they're so messy .............

Anyway, as for a .. spitting cup, as you call it, we use simple paper - there are so many useless brochures that come in the mail, so I just make a cone and use that. It's simple, you don't have to wash it, just when you're done fold it and throw it in the trash :D
:tu: nice, a good use for those stupid adds!
JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:00:01 PM
@ Corwyn,

That's why I'd never do it in the street :D Moreover, it's gross. And the ... hulls/whatever you spit out gets all over the place and your clothes (depending on the wind, lol) or sticks between you teeth or something. For me seeds are home-use-away-from-people's-eyes only :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 02:05:50 PM
That's why im looking for that just right container! Like back in highschool when playing soccer you could spit on the field, now a days that just about the only place you can, kinda like smoking, if on the sidewalk or in public you can get ticketed.
JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:54 PM
Yeah, but even without the ticket, it's just gross :D That's why I also wouldn't like a see-through container :D Make it opaque so that you don't look at all that crap inside, lol

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:15:47 PM
Yeah, but even without the ticket, it's just gross :D That's why I also wouldn't like a see-through container :D Make it opaque so that you don't look at all that crap inside, lol
Kinda like the white cup one I posted yesterday, I don't think you can get much more opaque then that, well here..
JR

us Offline wjruth

Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:58 PM
I like seeds- I often use a coffee cup from a local place. Get a to go coffee and when done drinking, spit the shells into it. Also, I chipmunk the seeds and place a small amount in my mouth on one side, crack open the seed in the middle and move the empty shell to the other side. After doing that with several seeds I spit. Machine gun style if in my own yard.
Always on the lookout for Blue Alox

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 02:31:12 PM
I like seeds- I often use a coffee cup from a local place. Get a to go coffee and when done drinking, spit the shells into it. Also, I chipmunk the seeds and place a small amount in my mouth on one side, crack open the seed in the middle and move the empty shell to the other side. After doing that with several seeds I spit. Machine gun style if in my own yard.
I kinda do the same, the wife thinks I'm nuts by taking a handful and shoving it in. She only does one at a time, surprisingly as big as her mouth is :rofl: oh that's a good one, lol!
JR

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 02:33:06 PM
I like seeds, I just don't like having to shell them first. The only food I'm prepared to mess around with like that is pistachios, but only occasionally. Aside from that, I don't buy nuts or seeds that aren't ready to eat without shelling or spitting bits out

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 02:42:37 PM
I like seeds, I just don't like having to shell them first. The only food I'm prepared to mess around with like that is pistachios, but only occasionally. Aside from that, I don't buy nuts or seeds that aren't ready to eat without shelling or spitting bits out
Oh those are good! The little guy would take those over seeds any day, heck there's a little bag sitting on the table right now that surprisingly he hasn't touched, the only thing is they are exspencive!
JR

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 03:24:38 PM
I would be if it were easy to find. I'm a watermelon seed nut, though!

A bowl of that and some cold brewskies...

:gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:26:12 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 02:50:05 PM
Found another, at first it shows two spouts, but then with a foldable bowl, then one with dog food and a bowl :think: idk, I kinda like the flat side, I wrote to the company asking if there is a way to get it with both side flat and without the bowl,,
JR

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 03:07:01 PM
My wife has been on a "squirrelling" kick lately... I say this affectionately as she does the same gestures over and over as a squirrel... she just uses a little salsa pot we got and dumps it to our bio bin when it fills past overflow...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 03:31:10 PM
My wife has been on a "squirrelling" kick lately... I say this affectionately as she does the same gestures over and over as a squirrel... she just uses a little salsa pot we got and dumps it to our bio bin when it fills past overflow...
A salsa pot, :think: hmm, interesting..
JR

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 07:13:26 PM
I would be if it were easy to find. I'm a watermelon seed nut, though!

Never heard about eating those... we throw those by the bucket-load.. do you cook them, or how  do you eat them? Raw they taste grassy-bittery right?
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 07:19:20 PM
I am. I eat  them by the tonne, while watching movies, since 5 years old. My front teeth have a special recess, carved year by year. I eat them salted always. And I make noise. And I like it.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 07:40:22 PM
I would be if it were easy to find. I'm a watermelon pumpkin seed nut, though!

Never heard about eating those... we throw those by the bucket-load.. do you cook them, or how  do you eat them? Raw they taste grassy-bittery right?

Sorry, my bad. I meant pumpkin (abóbora) seeds, not watermelon (melancia). We call them pevides. Sun-dried, then oven toasted and salted, I think.

Also white lupins (tremoços). It's a common thing to get these served when you ask for a beer.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 08:10:43 PM
Pumpkin seeds roasted and salted are quite yummy!  I'm snacking on some Sunflower seeds right now.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 08:43:32 PM
Pumpkin seeds roasted and salted are quite yummy!  I'm snacking on some Sunflower seeds right now.
I don't like pumpkin seeds.. I'm starving, what I can really go for is a nice fresh pizza! Maybe one with pepperoni, the little spicy ones, and maybe some sausage :think: hmmm, that sounds good.. Doesn't mean I'll get it, but I'm freaking hungry! And now my stomach starts making noise go fig!
JR

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 08:44:59 PM
I don't like pumpkin seeds.. I'm starving, what I can really go for is a nice fresh pizza! Maybe one with pepperoni, the little spicy ones, and maybe some sausage :think: hmmm, that sounds good.. Doesn't mean I'll get it, but I'm freaking hungry! And now my stomach starts making noise go fig!
JR
We usually do pizza every Friday, but we thought yesterday was Friday, and had our pizza then.  :facepalm:  :rofl:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:34 PM
JR
We usually do pizza every Friday, but we thought yesterday was Friday, and had our pizza then.  :facepalm:  :rofl:
You too? For some reason yesterday sooo felt like Friday!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 08:51:04 PM
Come on Derekmac, keep posting, only three to go till 12!!
JR

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 03:13:09 AM
Come on Derekmac, keep posting, only three to go till 12!!
JR
Wow, that close eh?  :ahhh

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #29 on: May 30, 2015, 03:13:27 AM
Oh wait, here it is, 12K!!   :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!