Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How Often Do You Use Your Flashlight?

N_N_R · 39 · 1971

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Flashlight?
Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 01:00:00 PM
I usually use mine when I see it, and wonder if the batteries are still good in it. :D

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 04:46:26 PM
My work light gets used so much that I'm glad they pay for the batteries. There are a lot of dark corners in an airliner and most of them have important stuff in them.

My out of work hours light gets used several times in a typical day. I was EDCing a Thrunite Sabre with the AA barrel and a 14500 Li cell. The hi-med-firefly modes were great but the driver board shat itself and the only one i had on hand that would fit was a single mode 1400 mA board. Still a fantastic little light even as a one mode but I  think I'll have to hunt up another three mode driver. Got no use for strobe or sos on that light.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:48:18 PM by PTRSAK »

us Offline aerojet

• My Wenger...
Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 04:52:47 PM
Eveready AA LED penlight in left front pocket, outside edge. Use it all the time. Looking at code numbers on locks, looking into locks for what went wrong this time, Just looking in general. Great for finding something which went on the floor and is itsy bitsy and now you find that stupid part which had to escape.

Never walk into a dark room without first shining the light around. One never knows what lurks in there. It could be a drop off of a foot or so - open buss bars which look like supporting steel - high pressure anything. Once I opened a long closed and locked door only to find it was 15 feet off the floor below. Nobody remembered where that door went to and there were no lights in that room. I was sent out to find out. It turned out to be an old coal bunker which has long been closed off and forgotten, except for the door which now was going get a stairway and the room used for a storeroom. (I carry all the old system keys on my work rings, so if a door like this pops up, in the end I have the ONLY key for it.)

In my SAK SOS kit, I have a Maglight as a back up. One can never have too many lights with them on the job, and although the LED light is brighter, any light is better than no light.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is second mouse which gets the CHEESE !!

The only easy day was yesterday.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
How Often Do You Use Your Flashlight?

Every day,because when I get dressed I place either my SF L2,L4,E1E or Aviator in my pocket and I always seem to need a light during the course of my day.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 08:30:23 AM
Sometimes I'm thinking that some of the greatest inventions are the portable light (flashlight), portable fire (lighter) ... and probably portable everything, lol.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 01:39:21 PM
portaloo
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 02:15:51 PM
Is this for the smurfting in the woods merit badge?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 02:35:41 PM
Sometimes I'm thinking that some of the greatest inventions are the portable light (flashlight), portable fire (lighter) ... and probably portable everything, lol.
duct tape! Can't forget duct tape.

Nate
That's us mobile
Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99