Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

another ST300 & Rebar comparison

Offline TiCombat

another ST300 & Rebar comparison
on: November 28, 2015, 02:38:51 AM
preface (Hello, 1st actual post here *waves) I use dedicated tools every day/all day, Klein #2 Phillips, 3/16 Cabinet tip flat, 1/8 flat head are typically always in my pocket when I go in to a task, plus I will grab my Knipex pliers if I think I might need them. I always carry a larger sized folder in one pocket & a small Eklind metal case hex wrench set in the off hand pocket using the wrenches as the clip

but

I got back into carrying MT's when they started dumping Wingmans & Sidekicks last year. I mostly kept them in pouches or bags & only pulled them out to carry in on a job where I might need it.

Then the Rev came along and because I also always have tons of other scissors around, including a almost 20 year old Sog Crosscut :), the W/S pretty much just fell into backup role in dedicated task toolbags or pouches and so I carried the Rev for a while.

I simply got irritated about the non locking tools cause the kept folding up on me so I decided to go ST300 or Rebar. Therefore I was faced with what every single person who has made the decision to get either one faces, which.one?

I know there are a few posts out there in the topic, I read many & watched the YouTube vids of many when trying to decide between the two initially.
After agonizing over the decision I bought the ST300 over the Rebar because of the longer Phillips head and file and have carried it daily, maybe using it once a day or so but some days it gets no use.  Mighty fine tool, glad I decided on the ST even though it's so large but then I walked into Lowes & saw their $40 Rebars the day they went on sale so, of course, I immediately got one.

so here are my side by side pictures for anyone who is interested.

I noticed when photoing how the pliers on the ST won't meet when the handles are splayed out horizontal & they do on the Rebar as shown the those last few photos the handles have to come to that V angle for the tips to meet so that's somewhat interesting.

After using the ST I certainly will feel more limited on the days I carry the Rebar (more dressy up work days I suppose) They could have done so much better on the file shape, there is room for it to be a bit longer for sure.
I also like the extra widest flat head on the ST, plus it's just now "breaking in" well for me. Owned the ST for about 7-8 months now

As is, I'm still mainly EDC'ing the ST 'cept on those days I just look at it and my back twinges a bit so I decide to go Rebar. Quite the weight difference

I'll probably add to this thread later
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:46:42 AM by TiCombat »

Offline TiCombat

Re: another ST300 & Rebar comparison
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 02:39:32 AM
*reserved

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 02:44:21 AM
Could you show a shot of the difference in blade thicknesses?
SAW

Offline TiCombat

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 03:03:20 AM

Could you show a shot of the difference in blade thicknesses?

Sure,

Thinner on spine than a nickel on Rebar

Thicker on spine than nickel on ST

mo' accurate?

Noticed some tiny rust spots on the almost brand and hardly used Rebar blade now guess I better tend to that

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:51:42 AM
Great comparison in pictures   :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30