Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool phasing out or... ???

nl Offline anditsgone

Swisstool phasing out or... ???
on: February 11, 2016, 02:56:58 PM
Recently looked at the victorinox website and saw that the only showed the X version of the original swisstool. I get that this the most versatile version for the average man because it has scissors and a plain knife blade. ( i also edc one myself :D ) I never really understood why the produced so many different versions while almost everyone can live with the X version.

Does anyone have an idea what they are doing?

Here is the website page.
http://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/SwissTools/c/SAK_SwissTool
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:45:32 PM by anditsgone »

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: Swisstool phasing out or... ???
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 06:21:24 PM
None of the regional Vic sites seem to have any other SwissTools either.... Maybe Vic is gearing up for a new version?  :dd:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 07:37:44 PM
None of the regional Vic sites seem to have any other SwissTools either.... Maybe Vic is gearing up for a new version?  :dd:

At the same time, I both wish they are and hope they aren't.   :ahhh

They did say they have a great surprise for 2017... Juice-sized Spirit? Linerlock Workchamp? Something else entirely?

:climber:   :facepalm:   :whistle:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

nl Offline shenkie

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:08:30 PM
The official Victorinox.com sites are horrible in so many ways. There's no sign of any SwissTool being phased out at the moment, since their most recent catalogs still have all in them. So atleast for the entirety of the 2016 none will be discontinued.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 08:32:46 PM
I also hope they will continue to sell the original swisstool, but i would also like to see a small to medium sized multitool.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 01:01:49 PM
The official Victorinox.com sites are horrible in so many ways. There's no sign of any SwissTool being phased out at the moment, since their most recent catalogs still have all in them. So atleast for the entirety of the 2016 none will be discontinued.

Agreed on their site being horrible. It wont show all the models and instead they refer you to the catalogue (so far only 2015 available, unless anything's changed the last couple of days).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%