Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any "Soda" drinkers?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Any "Soda" drinkers?
on: February 20, 2016, 02:02:05 AM
Anyone addicted to soda? Like a daily must have, even a breakfast drink? When I was little it was a privilege when I was with my mother and orange and root beer were my must haves! On the other hand Coke was a everyday drink when with my father, and I must say it was great when having MickyDs for breakfast, better then chocolate milk. I used to beg my mother for orange soda for breakfast, like orange juice orange soda, what's the diff?

Anyway, I kinda skipped out on the orange or root beer, Pepsi was the biggie, but the wife and I went on diets ditching soda, I even tried a Pepsi and couldn't stand it, yet the other day while at a party there wasnt a drink but since a kids party I saw an orange, over like 25years since I had one of those, I was like wow! All we drink Now is flavored water in iced tea flavor, or once and a while like at MickyDs is their sweet iced tea, but that's rare..

So I was just wondering if anyone was big on soda and what they like and how?

When I was younger and was out west I wanted a root beer and they didn't have them but had sarsaparilla, not bad, been a while, but nothing beats a frozen glass mug with an ice cold root beer, heck cold enough that the top freezes!
  Another little trick I liked was those blue mt dew's, I'd drink a little and then stuff it in the freezer for like 30min just as it was freezing and was like a slushy, umm so good! Had a few sips of the one I bought our older son the other day while out, just not frozen, I had to get a few things for the younger kid and his school trip today, like a A/W root beer, pretty much why I thought of making this cause I want him to a sarsaparilla, and one of those good root beers, the ones in the glass bottles..
JR

So anyone.
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Re: Any "Soda" drinkers?
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:34:36 AM
Dr.Pepper  !!!!!!!!! :2tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:07 AM
Dr.Pepper  !!!!!!!!! :2tu:
I used to like it back when I was a kid.
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 05:04:23 AM
I'm still a fan of Dr.Pepper, especially with any alcohol mix.

I try not to drink it daily, but if I really need a soda I will buy a coke-zero. Other than that it's sweet tea, a lot of Gatorade, and beer.

I'd also always prefer a glass and ice. Just a qwerk of mine I guess.

Side Story; my sister flew to Iowa wednesday and all the recycling and soda machines say "Pop" instead of "Soda/coke," I lost it lol

Sums up Soda for me
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:23:48 AM by NKlamerus »

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 05:27:46 AM
For a very long time, Mt Dew and cranberry juice was how I started the day. Kinda had to give it up.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:24:52 AM
[DISCLAIMER-the following post can be taken in a way not intended. I assure you all, this is about soda.]

I have to admit, I'm a Coke addict..... ::) Around here we can get Mexican Coke in stores.  Most bodegas carry it, as does 7-11. Yes, that sounds VERY wrong, but it's true. ;)  It comes in glass bottles, and the formulation is slightly different than in the US. They use real sugar, for example.  If you're a cola fan and get the chance to try one, Mexican Coke is awesome! :tu:

BTW, the use of the word "pop" in this thread will result in an instant banning! :viking:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 06:39:01 AM
[DISCLAIMER-the following post can be taken in a way not intended. I assure you all, this is about soda.]

I have to admit, I'm a Coke addict..... ::) Around here we can get Mexican Coke in stores.  Most bodegas carry it, as does 7-11. Yes, that sounds VERY wrong, but it's true. ;)  It comes in glass bottles, and the formulation is slightly different than in the US. They use real sugar, for example.  If you're a cola fan and get the chance to try one, Mexican Coke is awesome! :tu:

BTW, the use of the word "pop" in this thread will result in an instant banning! :viking:
I'm going to guess that's like mt dew throwback? I had that a few times but can't remember..
JR

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 06:43:43 AM
Similiar, but these bottles aren't made as a special formulation or advertised as anything special.  They truly do rock though, and the taste difference is noticable, in a good way.  They lack that slightly acid bite of a regular Coke.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 06:51:32 AM
Similiar, but these bottles aren't made as a special formulation or advertised as anything special.  They truly do rock though, and the taste difference is noticable, in a good way.  They lack that slightly acid bite of a regular Coke.
Idk, it's been a while and the memory ain't all there, ever had that one cola that had like double the caffeine? I think I tried it way back in high school..
JR

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 07:32:55 AM
Idk, it's been a while and the memory ain't all there, ever had that one cola that had like double the caffeine? I think I tried it way back in high school..
JR

RC cola?
I'm the milk man!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 07:51:37 AM
JR

RC cola?

Jolt Cola!  Oh man, I haven't thought of that stuff in years.  We had to sneak drinking it, momma Devil did not approve.  A bit ironic now considering how much coffee my brothers and I consume nowadays.....  At one point we found a product at Walmart called Water Joe.  Caffinated water, you stayes hydrated and got a nice buzz. :)  I used to make coffee with it.... :ahhh

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 07:54:26 AM
Ah yes, Jolt. That's the one.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 08:00:46 AM
Jolt Cola got me through college.....
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 08:50:31 AM
Pepsi drinker here (probably more than I should). Also occasionally a cream soda, root beer, or ginger ale.

Speaking of Dr Pepper and RC Cola, both are now owned by Dr Pepper-Snapple, who also own 7-Up, A&W, Hires, Nehi, Crush, Squirt, and almost every other oddball brand of soda pop.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:51:51 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 08:55:32 AM
this stuff

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 02:03:22 PM
I have friends in Gainesville Fla , They make fun of me for saying  " soda "  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 05:56:34 PM
I have friends in Gainesville Fla , They make fun of me for saying  " soda "  :D
Same here, I'm originally from Ct, and the wife from Pa, both where it's called soda, but since we moved to Mi it's called pop, one of our friends gets pissed and is trying to break us of calling it soda, yet all of the commercials call it soda, even the restaurant advoid and call it by name like Coke or Pepsi..

Now here's a funny, the wife being from philly has a little bit of a slang, one night her and a friend went to a bar just to get away from the kids for a little, the lady comes over and asks what they'd like she says just a water, but it kinda sounds like wader, she can't have anything with alcohol due to health.. The lady says is that a new drink? No just water, I'm still not understanding you, so she gets pissed, you know water, the stuff in the ocean, h2o! Ohhh water! :facepalm: lol
JR

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 08:42:28 PM
Sure, I quote myself:
World famous in New Zealand.
That's very special for me.

Tomcat,
 who used to carry the 1,5-l-bottles of this stuff on all his hikes.

DSC_0282.jpg
* DSC_0282.jpg (Filesize: 217.09 KB)
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 10:40:21 PM
seriously MadPlumbarian you wanna be a star/gawd/hero/best est bad dass soda royalty?!

try these (and bring em to your family)

Stewart's orange soda

and IBC rootbeer

you will see and have a new fav/addiction :D

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 11:12:03 PM
Same here, I'm originally from Ct, and the wife from Pa, both where it's called soda, but since we moved to Mi it's called pop, one of our friends gets pissed and is trying to break us of calling it soda, yet all of the commercials call it soda, even the restaurant advoid and call it by name like Coke or Pepsi..

Now here's a funny, the wife being from philly has a little bit of a slang, one night her and a friend went to a bar just to get away from the kids for a little, the lady comes over and asks what they'd like she says just a water, but it kinda sounds like wader, she can't have anything with alcohol due to health.. The lady says is that a new drink? No just water, I'm still not understanding you, so she gets pissed, you know water, the stuff in the ocean, h2o! Ohhh water! :facepalm: lol
JR
Where in Ct ?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 11:23:32 PM

JR
Where in Ct ?
I bounced around, let's see, umm
Hartford,
Farmington,
Canton,
Thomaston, and
Torrington..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 11:26:15 PM
seriously MadPlumbarian you wanna be a star/gawd/hero/best est bad dass soda royalty?!

try these (and bring em to your family)

(Image removed from quote.)
Stewart's orange soda

and IBC rootbeer

you will see and have a new fav/addiction :D
Had both the Stewart's and Icb root beer, but never the orange soda..
JR

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 11:35:28 PM
Oh man, Stewart's. :drool: Their ginger beer is awesome, but hard to find.  Stewart's root beer is best from a frozen mug at a Stewart's drive in. Great stuff!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 11:40:35 PM
I'm a sucker for Mountain Dew. Mexican Coke is fantastic as well. All I have to do is bring some home for mrs. Tj and it gets me out of the doghouse.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 12:49:08 AM
Oh man, Stewart's. :drool: Their ginger beer is awesome, but hard to find.  Stewart's root beer is best from a frozen mug at a Stewart's drive in. Great stuff!
:tu:
JR

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 01:13:19 AM
I'm not a daily drinker of "soda", but when I do it tends to be Irn Bru.  Dr Pepper, Coke and Sprite will also get a look-in if I'm in the mood.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 02:02:03 AM
Coke Zero.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 03:19:30 AM
Anyone else think about how diet soda could actually be worse for you than "normal" soda? The thinking behind this is we have not been using artificial sweeteners all that long and no one really knows the long term health risk behind them. They are for the most part chemicals. I personally rather just drink real sugar rather than more chemicals.
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: February 21, 2016, 06:59:43 AM
Sure, I quote myself:
World famous in New Zealand.
That's very special for me.

Tomcat,
 who used to carry the 1,5-l-bottles of this stuff on all his hikes.

:cheers:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: February 21, 2016, 07:37:03 AM
I'm not a daily drinker of "soda", but when I do it tends to be Irn Bru.  Dr Pepper, Coke and Sprite will also get a look-in if I'm in the mood.

Irn Bru... :drool:

When I was a kid,it was something you could only get in Belfast...once a year we'd go up on the train,and to me,that was the big treat.

Don't get me wrong,I'm pleased that it's so easily available in London,but it still surprises me!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%