Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Weirdest task you've used your MT on

Offline Dalton Siedschlag

Weirdest task you've used your MT on
on: March 24, 2016, 03:25:28 AM
This stems from having to use my Leatherman Wingman to cunch some crab legs because the buffet ran out. What's the weirdest task you've done with your multitool, weather it be a multi tool that is plier or scissor based or even a swiss army style knife.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Re: Weirdest task you've used your MT on
Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:05:29 AM
Gee how'd you ever get it clean

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:42 AM
I used the file on an MP600 to adjust the thumb hole on a customer's cast once. I think I have a pic somewhere....
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Wanimator

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 04:49:26 AM
I've used my Leatherman Rebar's large flatheat to scrape gum from under a chair before.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:18:45 AM
I used a Leatherman knifeless Fuse and a piece of string as a plum bob once. It did the job nicely and got me out of a bind.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:11 AM
Used an LM Squirt PS4 to turn taps on (and off) in some public toilets at a rest stop on a highway.  Some jerk had stolen all the handles  >:(

Used the same PS4 to pull golf tees out of the ground that were holding ribbons on the ground to designate the no-go area in a dog agility trial.  In Gamblers the judge restricts the places the (human) handlers are allowed to be. People often tread on the golf tees pushing them right into the ground, and if the ground is hard it can be difficult to remove them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:41:32 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 10:19:44 AM
I used my squirt p4 to remove a bone from the mouth of my daughters cat. no idea what creature it was from but he couldn't open or close his mouth . . . Still can't figure how he even managed to try eating it
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 10:23:05 AM
To adjust a ladies bra clasp...while she was still in it,and we were at work :whistle:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 11:49:52 AM
To adjust a ladies bra clasp...while she was still in it,and we were at work :whistle:

Do you have any idea how many replies I just wrote and deleted because of you?!

:rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

:twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 12:05:12 PM
Had to pull out a clump of foreign debris from a boat sanitation tank outlet tube with my Super Tool.....YUCK ! :td:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 12:17:47 PM
I once had to use SAK tweezers to pick a thorn out of the inside of my old dog's nostril.  It was buried into the flesh about a quarter of an inch in, so I had to flip him on his back, sit on him and hold his snout with one hand while holding the tweezers in the other.

And, while working maintenance in one of those warehouse stores in my early 20's I needed to hang some signs from the rafters but I didn't have a ladder that was tall enough so I used my Victorinox Camper as a monkey fist to heave a string up and over the beams.

I'm sure there's more as I use my tools and knives for pretty well anything.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 03:44:06 PM

Do you have any idea how many replies I just wrote and deleted because of you?!

:rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

:twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:  :twak:

:rofl: >:D :rofl: >:D :rofl:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 04:25:55 PM
Gee how'd you ever get it clean
Some napkins at the buffet and once I got home I used Q-tips and gun oil.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:15 PM

Used the Wave serrated blade to slice a rat into two. This fellow tried to escape from a cage trap and got stuck. I was amazed that he or she was able to get his head through a hole a quarter of it's size.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 09:00:42 PM

Used the Wave serrated blade to slice a rat into two. This fellow tried to escape from a cage trap and got stuck. I was amazed that he or she was able to get his head through a hole a quarter of it's size.
Not quite on topic (hey, it is MT.O :shrug:) but in a related vein to yours, I used my CRKT M16 to cut the head off of a Rattlesnake that had bitten my friend's horse.

Ive got pictures of it somewhere... :think:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 10:25:49 PM

Not quite on topic (hey, it is MT.O :shrug:) but in a related vein to yours, I used my CRKT M16 to cut the head off of a Rattlesnake that had bitten my friend's horse.

:oops: Sorry if it was off topic. Headless rattlesnake pics would be great but our beloved mods might not approve this being a family site.

Post# 1000....  about rats and snakes  :facepalm:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 11:28:40 PM

:oops: Sorry if it was off topic. Headless rattlesnake pics would be great but our beloved mods might not approve this being a family site.

Actually I was planning on posting the body-less head pic. And how would a snake carcass be not family appropriate?  My kids loved playing with the bodies (there were several snakes) after we removed the heads for them......

And congratulations on 1000! :2tu:

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 01:15:46 AM

Actually I was planning on posting the body-less head pic. And how would a snake carcass be not family appropriate?  My kids loved playing with the bodies (there were several snakes) after we removed the heads for them......

And congratulations on 1000! :2tu:
Off topic is more than welcome, I just said MT because of where we are

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 01:41:25 AM
Off-topic? :think: Since when have we ever stayed ON topic around here? ;)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 04:15:20 AM
I once used a pliers multitool to pick up a diaper that a passing motorist threw on my lawn.

I have cracked pistachio and peanut shells with the compound leverage SOG Powerlock pliers.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline getahl

Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 01:45:46 PM
I once had to use SAK tweezers to pick a thorn out of the inside of my old dog's nostril.  It was buried into the flesh about a quarter of an inch in, so I had to flip him on his back, sit on him and hold his snout with one hand while holding the tweezers in the other.

And, while working maintenance in one of those warehouse stores in my early 20's I needed to hang some signs from the rafters but I didn't have a ladder that was tall enough so I used my Victorinox Camper as a monkey fist to heave a string up and over the beams.

I'm sure there's more as I use my tools and knives for pretty well anything.

Def

I've done the same thing with a Juice CS4, only replace splinter with cactus needle. I was hiking with a friend of mine in Wildwood Park, in Thousand Oaks, CA, in the hilly portion that's more or less covered in cactus. We were heading down to the car, and passed a couple with a beautiful English yellow Lab. They asked if we had any tweezers with us because the poor animal managed to get a cactus needle lodged right in the middle of its nose. Why they continued on the hike and didn't head back to the car is beyond me. I think I had sliver grippers and the CS4 on me, and I didn't think the tweezers would do the job, so I proffered the Juice. Worked like a charm. Received a hearty thank you, and went on our way.

I've also used the "gut hook" on my Charge TTi's serrated blade has a hook to grab my last remaining velcro zip tie that had fallen between my desk and the wall at one point. I've also watched a guy use the corkscrew on a Camper to remove the last bit of eraser from a wooden pencil. I didn't ask why.

us Offline Clear_Ice

Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 02:14:14 PM
When out ice fishing, we never keep an oven mitt in our fish house. Both my dad and I have used our Waves for years to pull a cooked Jacks pizza from the oven

Otherwise, I've used my wave to pull out a small ice fishing spoon with a treble hook out of my own nostril
"Velocitas Eradico"

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 01:43:41 PM
I used the tweezers on a SAK classic to fix a broken beach umbrella recently at a BBQ during a thunderstorm.

The ribs of the umbrella was connected with rivets. One of the rivets fell out, causing the umbrella to partly collapse. I used the tweezers as a pin to substitute for the broken rivet.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:44:52 PM by Brock O Lee »
Hans

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 01:58:32 PM
I once used a pliers multitool to pick up a diaper that a passing motorist threw on my lawn.

I have cracked pistachio and peanut shells with the compound leverage SOG Powerlock pliers.

LM Juices are really good for pistachios :pok:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 08:33:52 PM
Took a while, but here's my decapitated Rattler.
Show content
Show content
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:34:53 PM by sLaughterMed »

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 09:33:39 AM
G'Day,

Had to do this twice now: Removing used needles, syringes and some rubber hosing on the trains. This was bright and early during morning peak. There is no way I'm touching that with bare hands. In fact, the guard had to ask a few people before he got to me (driver) what to do with it. I just handed him my Charge and told him to bring it into my cab. Both were disposed of properly at our next stop.

Pete

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Used a PS4 to disarm toy handcuffs in a party

It was a birthday party and a friend of mine was handcuffed as a joke

The PS4 destroyed the little handcuffs in a few seconds.

"WoW!", "MacGyver!" and so on, you can imagine what NO MULTITOOL and NO SAK people say in situations like that..  :facepalm:

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #27 on: March 28, 2016, 08:35:36 PM
Well, my Leatherman Rebar *failed* at this task:
http://blogericious.blogspot.com/2014/10/minor-excitement-this-morning-at-currie.html
Enlarge the first pic and you can see the needle entering the front, and exiting the rear of her stocking-ed foot!!

se Offline WiseDuck

• Quack!
Reply #28 on: March 28, 2016, 08:38:52 PM
Someone brought large drinking straws to a party, but they wouldn't fit through the hole on the standard 50cl beer cans. So a friend asked for my MP600 blunty and then proceeded to rip the top of the can open so he could use the straw with his beer.

Pretty much the 1st-world-problem of the year right there.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 10:39:47 PM
I was working on a museum exhibit and used my farmer to cut notches in foam blocks to hold a couple of civil way muskets

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21