Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

sak id & dating

us Offline sparky42

sak id & dating
on: April 01, 2016, 05:54:06 PM
sorry, kinda new around here & i'm sure this question is always coming up, but i can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for with the search engine...

wondering if there is already a thread that discusses all the indicators for dating...
i've seen the very helpful thread on the tang stamps, but what about the manufacturing changes, ie scissor screw, awl hole, corkscrew groove, etc., & specifically shield stamp?

if it's here & i can't find it, please just show me the way...

would be super if there is a thread or site with all the info... tia!!!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: sak id & dating
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 06:17:05 PM
sorry, kinda new around here & i'm sure this question is always coming up, but i can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for with the search engine...

wondering if there is already a thread that discusses all the indicators for dating...
i've seen the very helpful thread on the tang stamps, but what about the manufacturing changes, ie scissor screw, awl hole, corkscrew groove, etc., & specifically shield stamp?

Dating SAKs is generally frowned upon in the greater collectors community, and as such no such resource for helping with dating exsists. SAKs, are considered "second class humanoids" and as such are best suited for fondling and abusing as us collectors see fit. Many so called "SAK abuse abolitionists" are against this so called "poor treatment" of Swiss Army Knives, but what those people fail to understand is that SAKs, while capable of rudimentary speech, are simply too stupid to make good decisions regarding their own governance. What we collectors are doing is creating a society that looks out for the best interest for the greater community, and putting SAKs to use in a way that helps all citizens.

Having relations with a SAK is not just inappropriate, but unnatural. Should any SAK be caught "dating" a human, that SAK will almost certainly be lynched by the community.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:19:21 PM by sLaughterMed »
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 06:21:07 PM
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
:P

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 07:57:15 PM

Dating SAKs is generally frowned upon in the greater collectors community, and as such no such resource for helping with dating exsists. SAKs, are considered "second class humanoids" and as such are best suited for fondling and abusing as us collectors see fit. Many so called "SAK abuse abolitionists" are against this so called "poor treatment" of Swiss Army Knives, but what those people fail to understand is that SAKs, while capable of rudimentary speech, are simply too stupid to make good decisions regarding their own governance. What we collectors are doing is creating a society that looks out for the best interest for the greater community, and putting SAKs to use in a way that helps all citizens.

Having relations with a SAK is not just inappropriate, but unnatural. Should any SAK be caught "dating" a human, that SAK will almost certainly be lynched by the community.
Except in California, but it is known to cause cancer in the state of California.

:rofl:

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 09:21:28 PM
:D Everything causes cancer in California......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 09:25:44 PM
That is why I don't live in California   ;)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 09:33:22 PM
As stated... ignore Slaughtermed... his heart was once broken by a beautiful Tourist and now he projects his sakophobia outwards...
Free love for everybody. Saks are people too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:50:51 PM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 09:48:25 PM

Sure does and they legally have to warn you about it. Seriously.

I was just at the McDonalds drive through and while I have read this sign a thousand times, but I was reading it again. This is the sign.

I'm the milk man!

us Offline sparky42

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 12:23:57 AM
Ignore the muppet above.
http://victorinox.metodi.me/91mmtools.php

ok great thanks corwyn, the saam's is a great help, very nice!

now, what about the shield stamp, when did that change?

hr Offline kari_sak

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 02:19:33 PM

I was just at the McDonalds drive through and while I have read this sign a thousand times, but I was reading it again. This is the sign.

(Image removed from quote.)

Get outta here!!! Is this April fools, or real???

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 02:55:20 PM

Not sure, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was not a joke. California is pretty famously obsessed with finding and labeling carcinogens.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 03:03:01 PM

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 03:47:50 PM

The "other nuts" part actually makes sense. Its not intuitive to think that a package of only peanuts might contain traces of seseme seed.

Warnings about peanuts in packages of peanuts makes me :facepalm:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 03:57:36 PM

No it is real, I've not seen a sign like that in person but I have heard of them. 

California is a big market so some of their laws affect the rest of the US
https://oag.ca.gov/prop65/faqs-view-all

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 05:44:41 PM

It's real.  Those signs are pretty common that I don't think most Californians look twice at them. 
Esse Quam Videri

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 08:51:52 PM
Ignore the muppet above.
http://victorinox.metodi.me/91mmtools.php

ok great thanks corwyn, the saam's is a great help, very nice!

now, what about the shield stamp, when did that change?

It's hard to find the right threads on the phone. For starters, you can use the attached photo...

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 08:57:27 PM
Ow you said shield stamp on the scale, not tang stsmp... I don't think it ever changed, the first soldiers didn't have one, than the soldiers used a cross, then the cross on a semicircle then the current one.
The first officers didn't use one, then they went straight to the current one. During the 60s and up to the 80s the Ecoline rpunded shield was also used... that's from the top of my head, really tired, in bed, baby in arms and too many beers in stomach (mine not the baby's ;-) )...

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 09:29:24 PM
Ulli for president!
His chart of tang stamps was what made me join MT.o!
 :drink:
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 12:52:00 AM
You can also try this table ....

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,51872.msg1214377/topicseen.html#msg1214377

Make sure you get the latest version (Ver VI) - Bottom of the first page.
This was originally made up from information in the SAAMS blog mentioned above - But quite a bit more information has been added.

The shield changed from nickel sliver to stainless in 1980 - This is in the table.
There is also the Elinox/economy shield which I think was around in the 70s and 80s, at the same time as the regular shield - This is the more rounded shield, and is not used any more.

PS. I have a later version of the table - and will post it in the thread sometime!! It is continually evolving as information emerges!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:55:50 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline sparky42

Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 02:41:54 PM
ok great, thanks corwyn & huntsman, great stuff!!!
i also found this which shows an evolution of shield stamps etc.
http://www.sakhome.com/304372180
http://www.sakhome.com/304372180

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88