Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need some uplifting.

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Need some uplifting.
on: May 20, 2016, 07:09:28 PM
Been swamped with mod orders yay! I'm having trouble getting my body to work fast enough and long enough. The pain is getting bad and the doc says I need more shots in my spine, different location now. I work in short bursts when I'm able too. Trying to get caught up somewhat but the more I work the worse it hurts. I'm getting there and the doc has me some meds to help but I don't like taking as many as they give want me too. I take enough to function and that's it. So you all have been like a extended family to me so I thought I'd share. Thanks
 Steven
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Re: Need some uplifting.
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:37:11 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy,I dread to think what your pain must be like,I was crippled a while back when I had a slipped disc and trapped nerve I could hardly walk.
But sounds like your problems are much worse.
Keep your chin up buddy I know how easy it is to get depressed with a painful debilitating problem.
My thoughts are with you buddy , stay strong
Weasel

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:17:28 PM
Sorry to hear you're in so much pain, and respect that you're still so dedicated to your mod work  :hatsoff:.

But make sure to listen to your body as well, I know that's an easy thing for me to say, but your health is still priority number one.  And if I would have ordered a mod from someone who's in as much pain as you are, I would insist on putting it off to a later date.

Know that we're here for you and we're always ready to listen.  My thoughts are with you my friend  :salute:.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
tattoosteve99, I have no idea what you are going through is like. I have no advice, nor anything especially funny. I am just happy you are part of this community and stay in touch with us.  :mail:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 03:08:30 AM
Self comes before Mods.

Take care of yourself.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 04:19:57 AM
Sorry to hear you arent feeling well Steven. Hopefully you will start to see improvements soon.

On the other hand, its always good to have plenty of business.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 08:42:16 AM
Steve I'm sad to hear you are in so much pain.  I do hope there is some resolution for you.  Work with your doctors and with their program to help ease the pains. 

Clear communication with your customers is the best you can do and when you are feeling good to work then so be it.  Don't push yourself beyond your capacity brother.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 11:37:04 AM
The meds work best when taken as directed. If you don't like to take them because of the side effects, such as making you drowsy or sick to your stomach, then you need to talk to your doctor about trying a different drug.  I hope you feel better soon.

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 03:29:07 PM
As someone who lives with chronic pain I feel for you. I hope that you can get some relief and don't overdo it.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 03:56:31 PM
There always comes time when you have to put yourself first, and this is the time for you. Deal with your health first and then you can deal with the mods. Wishing you the most speedy recovery!
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 04:11:40 PM
All the best to you Steve - don't be a hero though - take your meds as directed like Alan says. No need to suffer more than you have to.

:tu:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 07:16:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I take my meds just not the full dose. The doc said that was fine to do that way as I know how I feel inside better than he does. I'm feeling better today and I look forward to getting even better.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 03:24:47 AM
Wishing you all the best man! 

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:36 AM
There always comes time when you have to put yourself first, and this is the time for you. Deal with your health first and then you can deal with the mods. Wishing you the most speedy recovery!

This. And living with a not completely diagnosed painful issue with my joints, I can relate how you feel, although I seem to do much betetr than you do right now.
Get well soon, Steve!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD