Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Partial Leatherman Warranty Update

us Offline Aberdrew13

Partial Leatherman Warranty Update
on: June 29, 2016, 09:00:27 PM
I just got a call from Leatherman and got told of a "new policy" they are trying to implement.  Apparently, they only want two tools to be listed on a warranty form.  You can still send multiple forms in one box, they just prefer to only have a couple tools on a form to make it easier to keep up with.

I "may" have sent them one package with 5 tools on one warranty form and 3 on another.   :whistle: :whistle:

I broke them up on two forms because the problem field has a 500 character limit.   :facepalm:

BTW, I'm not complaining, just getting the information out there for others.  :cheers:
If my text is in blue, read it with sarcasm.  That is how it's meant!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: Partial Leatherman Warranty Update
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 02:49:22 AM
Wow, 8 tools? Are you running a home for broken and wayward Leatherman's?
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Aberdrew13

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 05:11:47 AM
Some I had broken, some I had been given already broken, and I had a couple that I bought in lots that were more damaged than I had thought.  I hadn't been aware of the awesome customer service Leatherman offered until I read about it here, so I sent them in. 

I'm being more careful with my auction buying now, especially as most of what I'm hunting for now are retired tools.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 05:14:22 AM
Some I had broken, some I had been given already broken, and I had a couple that I bought in lots that were more damaged than I had thought.  I hadn't been aware of the awesome customer service Leatherman offered until I read about it here, so I sent them in. 

I'm being more careful with my auction buying now, especially as most of what I'm hunting for now are retired tools.
Yeah, gotta be careful on some of those used lots. Ive gotten burned on a couple of those myself.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 08:36:45 AM
Isn't that a little abuse of the Leatherman's warranty?  :think:

I mean: It seems perfect to me if I buy a new tool and I have a problem, but if I buy a used tool and I pretend to have a totally refurbished one....  :whistle:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 09:56:04 AM
I consider myself a bit of a warranty-bandit (for all things, not just Leatherman), and when I buy things new, I have not go the slightest qualm about making a supplier pay for it, but collecting broken tools to get LM to replace them seems like it might be pushing the friendship (and costing the rest of us more money when they factor the cost into their margins)

Ah well.

I hope these tools will get a full life as users and gifts once LM works their magic. It'd be a shame to bring them to life only to sit in a collection.

us Offline Aberdrew13

Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:00:35 AM
I hope these tools will get a full life as users and gifts once LM works their magic. It'd be a shame to bring them to life only to sit in a collection.

I do pretty good cycling through everything I have and using it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%