Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Little SAKs

TonySal · 1262 · 83136

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The Little SAKs
Reply #780 on: December 08, 2021, 04:22:26 PM
I've been carrying my minichamp lately.  My PTC is taking a much needed rest but now that I have my MC on me I realize how much I truly like the phillips.  It's like having a jewelers driver at the ready.  My partner has gone fairy light bonkers.  The MC phillips is awesome at changing out those batteries.  With the magnetized driver I can easily swap out batteries and not loose track of those very tiny screws. 

While the scissors are small they've done all I ask.  I was at Wallys world looking at a coffee maker and the one I wanted to check out was still wrapped in clear wrapping with others.  In no time I was cutting them free and looking at it.  While I don't worry about people freaking about knives it made more sense to use my MC.  Yes there are tools within the MC that I don't use but its a sweet little SAK. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #781 on: December 08, 2021, 04:47:41 PM
 :iagree: That Philips is hard to beat!  I have 2 Minichamps, an Alox and a cellidor.  The Alox is riding on my keychain in a Vic sheath, although not getting any use with the Exec Challenge going on.  From time to time I switch out with my PTC, although I'm about half hesitant to use it with the cost of them getting high.  The lack of a Philips head is another reason the Minichamps get more pocket time.  Almost everything anymore is either a Torx or Philips head.
Barry

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #782 on: December 08, 2021, 05:42:41 PM
Today was yet another battery replacement day (we have many, many battery powered lights  ::))

Once again the MiniChamp stepped up & the magnetic Phillips is perfect for these POS battery compartments  :tu:

Here it is resplendent against a seasonal chicken backdrop  :D

* MiniChamp 1221a.jpg (Filesize: 246.73 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #783 on: December 08, 2021, 05:45:29 PM
I've been carrying my minichamp lately.  My PTC is taking a much needed rest but now that I have my MC on me I realize how much I truly like the phillips.  It's like having a jewelers driver at the ready.  My partner has gone fairy light bonkers.  The MC phillips is awesome at changing out those batteries.  With the magnetized driver I can easily swap out batteries and not loose track of those very tiny screws. 

While the scissors are small they've done all I ask.  I was at Wallys world looking at a coffee maker and the one I wanted to check out was still wrapped in clear wrapping with others.  In no time I was cutting them free and looking at it.  While I don't worry about people freaking about knives it made more sense to use my MC.  Yes there are tools within the MC that I don't use but its a sweet little SAK.

:iagree: That Philips is hard to beat!  I have 2 Minichamps, an Alox and a cellidor.  The Alox is riding on my keychain in a Vic sheath, although not getting any use with the Exec Challenge going on.  From time to time I switch out with my PTC, although I'm about half hesitant to use it with the cost of them getting high.  The lack of a Philips head is another reason the Minichamps get more pocket time.  Almost everything anymore is either a Torx or Philips head.

:iagree: With both of you about the MC and its Phillips  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #784 on: December 08, 2021, 07:23:35 PM
I scored a NIB black PTC. I was going to put it to use ASAP but my beat up red one is going strong.  I all but put away my minichamp.  I have 2 and 1 older one without phillips  :(.  I was a big fan then over time went to my Manager.  All the extra implements seemed like too much.  Once I put the Minichamp in pocket ( coin/watch ) I recalled how much fun of a tool it is not to forget useful. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #785 on: December 08, 2021, 08:02:47 PM
I like using that cuticle pusher as a screwdriver too, Aloha.  It really works well beyond its size!  That's what is so fun about the little SAKs: just how creative you can get with the tool set. 

Great pic Surge!
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #786 on: December 08, 2021, 08:34:46 PM
My non Challenge EDC.  Combined with an Opinel and I have almost everything covered!  I carry my other tools mostly for fun  :D. Thanks Surge for a great knife!!  :cheers:

My backup keychain with the PTC on it.  Like Aloha's, it's definitely a user!

* IMG_20211208_142910396-01.jpg (Filesize: 206.04 KB)

* IMG_20211208_143237499-01.jpg (Filesize: 224.42 KB)
Barry

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #787 on: December 08, 2021, 09:27:42 PM
My non Challenge EDC.  Combined with an Opinel and I have almost everything covered!  I carry my other tools mostly for fun  :D. Thanks Surge for a great knife!! :cheers:

My backup keychain with the PTC on it.  Like Aloha's, it's definitely a user!

You're more than welcome and glad to see it's serving you well  :hatsoff: :tu:

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #788 on: December 08, 2021, 09:59:50 PM
I gave my cellidor minichamp to a good friend last summer. I had thoughts of picking up an alox model to replace it with. I'd pretty much convinced myself that I was fine with the ramblers that I already have so decided against another mc.
But, thanks to you all I realize the error of my ways. The search begins.  :rofl:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #789 on: December 08, 2021, 10:34:21 PM
I gave my cellidor minichamp to a good friend last summer. I had thoughts of picking up an alox model to replace it with. I'd pretty much convinced myself that I was fine with the ramblers that I already have so decided against another mc.
But, thanks to you all I realize the error of my ways. The search begins.  :rofl:

Alox is the way forward.... :pok: :whistle:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #790 on: December 08, 2021, 10:57:52 PM
 :iagree: :tu:
Barry

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #791 on: December 09, 2021, 12:11:55 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I know I can always count on you awl for enabling good advice.  :tu:

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #792 on: December 09, 2021, 02:59:56 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I know I can always count on you awl for enabling good advice.  :tu:
   :iagree: changing to my MC for now!  :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Altis

Reply #793 on: December 09, 2021, 06:07:11 AM

That little magnetized #1 Phillips is incredibly handy. I use my Manager all the time because of it.

Oh how happy I would be if Victorinox replaced the backside hook with that #1 Phillips with a nail file built in...  :dd:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #794 on: December 09, 2021, 06:48:19 PM
For everyday carry its my Midnight Manager.  Once I come home and empty my pockets I've been putting my MC into my pocket.  Before it was my PTC.  Its a nice SAK to be sure but everyday I was looking at my MC trying to remember why I stopped carrying it?  I have handed it to my partner several times over the week.  She has used the scissors, little blade, file, tweezers, pen, and little phillips.  Its a wonderful SAK. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline TonySal

Reply #795 on: December 25, 2021, 01:25:40 AM
Actually, the MC is a great idea!   :tu:
I might try mine for awhile.  :think:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #796 on: December 25, 2021, 01:41:13 AM
Come January and I'll join you Tony!  I love the mighty Minichamp!
Barry

us Offline TonySal

Reply #797 on: December 25, 2021, 02:08:43 AM
Great and Merry Christmas to all
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline Adam5

Reply #798 on: December 25, 2021, 04:24:02 AM
I had to change a door knob at my daughter's house this week. All I had on me was my modified Rebar with large bitholder and my Super Tinker. I could not get to the phillips screws with the Super Tinker nor the Rebar. I had to ask my wife to get the Rambler I bought for her. Task accomplished  :salute:

I have been wanting a Rambler for myself. But perhaps what I really want is a Minichamp   :think:

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #799 on: December 25, 2021, 05:05:51 AM
I had to change a door knob at my daughter's house this week. All I had on me was my modified Rebar with large bitholder and my Super Tinker. I could not get to the phillips screws with the Super Tinker nor the Rebar. I had to ask my wife to get the Rambler I bought for her. Task accomplished  :salute:

I have been wanting a Rambler for myself. But perhaps what I really want is a Minichamp   :think:

From personal experience you want a Minichamp and a Midnite Manager, y'know, to cover your bases  :pok:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #800 on: December 25, 2021, 07:04:48 AM
For what the MC can do in as small a package as it is, is pretty impressive. I carried a Cavalier originally back in the mid '90s, then switched to a 1st gen Mini Champ, and now carry a 2nd gen MC. Like they used to say about Amex, don't leave home without it.
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Cavalier, Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
84mm: Bantam
85mm: Evolution S557, Serrated Commander, Traveler, Evolution 18
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Spartan, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #801 on: December 25, 2021, 04:57:10 PM
 :iagree: 💯
Barry

us Offline TonySal

Reply #802 on: December 25, 2021, 07:24:57 PM
 :iagree:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #803 on: December 26, 2021, 01:38:18 PM
Cavalier... :think: have to visit the Wiki....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline Adam5

Reply #804 on: December 26, 2021, 01:40:50 PM
From personal experience you want a Minichamp and a Midnite Manager, y'know, to cover your bases  :pok:

:rofl:

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #805 on: December 26, 2021, 09:32:39 PM
I'm getting the vic neck strap, so I can carry my minichamp with me without scratching it in my pocket ! And it's easily accessible like that  :tu:
It should come soon, in a couple days (along with other vic's, ofc  :ahhh)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #806 on: December 28, 2021, 01:49:49 AM
MINICHAMP  :2tu:

While it has some tools that seem extra its size relatively speaking is small enough to pull it off.  Those "extra" tools are fun to use and if you feel the need, modify. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #807 on: December 28, 2021, 05:57:23 AM
 :tu: :iagree: :tu:
Barry

us Offline TonySal

Reply #808 on: December 28, 2021, 10:51:16 PM
MINICHAMP  :2tu:

While it has some tools that seem extra its size relatively speaking is small enough to pull it off.  Those "extra" tools are fun to use and if you feel the need, modify.
Felix Imler on the Tube seems to find multiple uses for SAK tools so....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #809 on: December 29, 2021, 06:48:24 PM
I just got my minichamp a neckstrap ! So it will always be with me, and safe from keys and stuff in my pockets.  :woohoo:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%