Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mill Box

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: Mill Box
Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 11:13:41 AM
Thank you. We use those games in the family too.

An internet picture of the set. I was lucky because usually no Mah Jong sets are sold here, those sold online are mostly plastic (and the bamboo/bone ones are expensive) and this is the only bamboo set I have seen for sale. Price in Germany is 60 euros, the price here is 75 euros, but they sold it to me for 40 euros, because nobody bought the sole example for years. I bought it from Kaissa shop of Piraeus, a shop selling chess and strategy games.

A clearer internet pic.

They sell it for 400 pounds in UK. Are they nuts? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philos-Jong-fabric-bamboo-tiles/dp/B017N12MVI/ref=sr_1_6?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1514110837&sr=1-6&keywords=bamboo+mah+jong

Another UK seller has it for 55 pounds. Still more than I got it, but a fair price.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:30:51 AM by kkokkolis »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #31 on: December 24, 2017, 01:53:21 PM
The full set. It has the Peacock and a bordered white dragon, as well as the elaborate wan character, 4 seasons, 4 flowers and 4 clear for replacements. It is a “standard Chinese set (no Jokers, Americans use 8 of them), made for export (as Arabic numerals and Latin letters prove).

Now excuse me please, I made the Turtle and I’m ready for my first Shanghai, Activision style.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
And, finally (???), I found the game to fill the last empty space in the box. It’s the Chess of the 21st century, the invention of (supposedly my compatriot) John Yanni, Hive Pocket Edition, with 2/3 extensions. I learned to play it on Android and loved it. Now I bought the Bakelite pieces and I hope my wife likes it too. Does any of you play it boys?

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 08:56:54 PM
The full set. It has the Peacock and a bordered white dragon, as well as the elaborate wan character, 4 seasons, 4 flowers and 4 clear for replacements. It is a “standard Chinese set (no Jokers, Americans use 8 of them), made for export (as Arabic numerals and Latin letters prove).

(Image removed from quote.)

Now excuse me please, I made the Turtle and I’m ready for my first Shanghai, Activision style.

(Image removed from quote.)

I love Mahjongg solitaire, too bad Kyodai Mahjongg doesn't work anymore...
:cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #34 on: December 31, 2017, 11:26:59 AM
This way they fit better.

There are many game boxes on the market. Most have small or cheap components and games I would never play (like Ludo and Chinese Checkers). This one has full size components, chosen one by one and includes games I really like to play. I just might exchange the chess pieces for weighted ones of the same height (King is 10cm, really King Size!). And would choose plastic cards when the plastic coated wear off (but Domino cards don’t come in plastic, unfortunately).

The chessboard makes a nice and clean surface for Domino and Hive games.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #35 on: December 31, 2017, 03:10:02 PM
I also got this nice jewel box from my wife. It carries a Domino deck, a USB stick and some business cards. It’s in my EDC now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 03:12:18 PM by kkokkolis »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD