Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Camper Collective

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Re: Camper Collective
Reply #270 on: December 11, 2021, 05:16:13 PM
Added a fero rod, and tinder on the CS, so the saw blade should be able to do a fire pit!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #271 on: December 11, 2021, 05:42:39 PM
Added a fero rod, and tinder on the CS, so the saw blade should be able to do a fire pit!

Absolutely can and did for us this summer!  :tu:
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline TonySal

Reply #272 on: March 31, 2022, 01:03:28 AM
Hmm still waiting for the scale and scale tools I ordered from (forgot)one of those sites  :rant:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #273 on: July 11, 2022, 07:09:45 PM
This might be a silly question but... Why is there no 84mm version of the Camper?

It's not like we have a 84mm scissors situation here, the 84mm wood saw is still in production!

us Online FolderBeholder

Reply #274 on: July 15, 2022, 10:27:11 PM
This might be a silly question but... Why is there no 84mm version of the Camper?

It's not like we have a 84mm scissors situation here, the 84mm wood saw is still in production!
Interesting, I never thought of that.  It would essentially be a Tourist with a wood saw.  :like:
https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Tourist
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #275 on: July 16, 2022, 02:25:54 AM
Interesting, I never thought of that.  It would essentially be a Tourist with a wood saw.  :like:
https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Tourist

Exactly! I love the Tourist and the 84mm size category in general. The wood saw is on the Walker… It’s right there!

Offline semso suljagin

Reply #276 on: July 20, 2022, 08:14:27 PM
Absolutely can and did for us this summer!  :tu:

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #277 on: August 06, 2022, 07:01:59 PM
I used the saw! But not on wood…

I have a little plumbing project going and this old hard plastic flexible tube/pipe that has to be replaced. It was capped by a threaded brass fitting that I just could not get off with my hands. Plus it was under the sink, so I was in an awkward position.

Then I remembered my Camper was in my pocket! I whipped out the saw and was through that 2” flexi-tube in under 2 minutes!

Then I used the main blade and bottle opener to gradually work the remains of the flexi-tube off the end of the brass fitting since I need to reuse it.

I’m very impressed with the saw!  I’ll probably be using it on some PVC later today too. I look forward to trying it out on some actual wood at some point.  :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:33:38 PM by marlowe221 »

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #278 on: August 08, 2022, 03:57:49 AM
The Camper performed admirably again today.

My plumbing project continued. I had to reconstruct a poorly done sink drain and air conditioning condensation line tie in. Apparently someone thought that a roller coaster style loop the loop on a gravity based drain was a good idea….  :facepalm:

I had to cut through some 3/4” PVC and a few other plastic pipe types to get everything to fit correctly and create a non-gravity defying drain.

Plastic pipe stands no chance against the Victorinox saw!

I really like the Camper though. I might not need a saw every day but when you need one there’s really not much you can do/use as a substitute. Even when it’s not being used the saw layer adds just enough thickness to the SAK to make it a more comfortable grip versus the 2 layer Spartan.

Plus, I usually have a Rambler in my pocket so I have scissors covered that way.

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #279 on: August 10, 2022, 10:33:00 AM
Plastic pipe stands no chance against the Victorinox saw!

I really like the Camper though. I might not need a saw every day but when you need one there’s really not much you can do/use as a substitute. Even when it’s not being used the saw layer adds just enough thickness to the SAK to make it a more comfortable grip versus the 2 layer Spartan.

Plus, I usually have a Rambler in my pocket so I have scissors covered that way.

Exactly why the Camper plus Rambler combo has long been a favourite carry of mine.  :)  :salute:
Rambler

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #280 on: August 10, 2022, 05:14:37 PM
Exactly why the Camper plus Rambler combo has long been a favourite carry of mine.  :)  :salute:

The other thing is the scissors. Vic scissors are fantastic, no question. But at some point I realized that the 58mm scissors were sufficient 99% of the time. I cannot remember a time when I needed the 91mm scissors because the 58mm version couldn't do the job.

So the fact that the Camper doesn't have scissors isn't that big a deal for me (at least so far!).

us Offline TonySal

Reply #281 on: August 11, 2022, 12:35:45 AM
 :iagree:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00