Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking for a Leatherman

Poll

Rebar vs Wave!

Rebar
11 (52.4%)
Wave
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Looking for a Leatherman
Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 09:26:06 AM
I'm thinking a Rebar/Vic Cadet Combo..been hankering for an alox SAK for a while too

I believe that this combo leads nowhere except duplicated tools. The Cadet adds nothing in terms of scissors and the nail file can be got from a $5 nail clipper. I will admit that the cap lifter/ bottle opener is much better on any SAK, all day every day compared to LM' s bottle opener.

Now if you ent Wave and Cadet, I'd say that makes more sense in terms of tool load out. Or Rebar and Super Tinker. At least then, you always have a saw and scissors as well as blades, can, bottle openers and screw driver assortment

I'm the same as try not doubling up on tools,if carrying a MT  I usually want something that has all the tools I need  :tu:

Hi Zed!

If I'm going with only one, it's my SURGE!!

And some suspenders...really, I could put on my pants and belt, and just have the Surge alone on a second belt. Kind of like that old TV show, The Rifleman, you know? Just take the SURGE!! down from on over the fireplace when things get serious

I had a surge and of course loved it as like a wave on steroids  :D when I had my maintenance job it was perfect but for me too large and heavy for daily edc unless it was in a backpack  :tu:

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 07:35:52 PM
Update: Rebar Had 10 Votes And Wave had 6. I went ahead and sprung for the rebar which will be here Friday. I'm going to try carrying only the Rebar and no other multitools or knives for one week, and then I will post a thread giving my thoughts and opinions on it, and what I will purchase next to compliment it.
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #32 on: December 19, 2017, 07:45:02 PM
One suggestion. Try a Vic Compact with the Rebar. Not a lot of duplication and very light weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 12:48:00 AM
I'm thinking a Rebar/Vic Cadet Combo..been hankering for an alox SAK for a while too

I believe that this combo leads nowhere except duplicated tools. The Cadet adds nothing in terms of scissors and the nail file can be got from a $5 nail clipper. I will admit that the cap lifter/ bottle opener is much better on any SAK, all day every day compared to LM' s bottle opener.

Now if you ent Wave and Cadet, I'd say that makes more sense in terms of tool load out. Or Rebar and Super Tinker. At least then, you always have a saw and scissors as well as blades, can, bottle openers and screw driver assortment

I'm the same as try not doubling up on tools,if carrying a MT  I usually want something that has all the tools I need  :tu:

Hi Zed!

If I'm going with only one, it's my SURGE!!

And some suspenders...really, I could put on my pants and belt, and just have the Surge alone on a second belt. Kind of like that old TV show, The Rifleman, you know? Just take the SURGE!! down from on over the fireplace when things get serious

I had a surge and of course loved it as like a wave on steroids  :D when I had my maintenance job it was perfect but for me too large and heavy for daily edc unless it was in a backpack  :tu:

Yep! That's where mine lives now as well. Rebar on belt, Super Tinker in pocket. SURGE (with Solitaire in sheath) and Mountaineer both in my backpack. And I have  a Micra on the keychain, so sometimes I can ease back on the SAK and carry a camper or tinker

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 12:02:05 PM
I think you will be well pleased with the Rebar, Matt :salute: Congrats :like:

us Offline Glockfan

Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 01:10:25 PM
Congrats on the Rebar! I think you will love it!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $193.99
PayPal Fees: $11.10
Net Balance: $182.89
Below Goal: $117.11
Site Currency: USD
61%