Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Loosening a Swisstool?

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Loosening a Swisstool?
on: July 05, 2020, 05:54:41 PM
I picked up a Swisstool a couple years back for a good price second hand and it's a heck of a tool, miles apart from my wave, but I have one serious issue with it: The tools are too bloomin' hard to open! The blades/saw/file are fine, I can manage the phillips by opening the file and getting in front of it but the rest are uncomfortable at best and are best opened with the coke spoon cuticle pusher on my mini champ.

Anyone have any tips on how to make the tools easier to deploy?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

dk Offline Thomas DK

Re: Loosening a Swisstool?
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 06:03:24 PM
Open and close it in hot water continue to all dirt are out.
Then let it dry and oil it :)

Sendt fra min moto g(8) power med Tapatalk

victorinox is addictive

dk Offline Thomas DK

Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 06:06:27 PM
Same with Swiss tool

victorinox is addictive

us Online cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 06:14:11 PM
I had one that was so incredibly tight, even after cleaning, oiling, WD-40, well everything, it will wouldn't open on one handle.Since some tools were damaged anyway, I sent it to Victorinox, and they replaced it. Given how trashed this SwissTool was (which the seller said "good condition"--ha!), I suspect abuse and neglect played a huge role. 

dk Offline Thomas DK

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 06:25:21 PM

victorinox is addictive

fi Offline Gath

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 09:58:09 PM
I had one that was so incredibly tight, even after cleaning, oiling, WD-40, well everything, it will wouldn't open on one handle.Since some tools were damaged anyway, I sent it to Victorinox, and they replaced it. Given how trashed this SwissTool was (which the seller said "good condition"--ha!), I suspect abuse and neglect played a huge role.

Some sellers unfortunately do this, and then it affects the honest sellers. I have had to pass on a few older models because they didn't have good pictures. Their price was fair for a good or lightly used collectible, but too high for the possibility they were like my Matterhorn Plus or CT41, which were used as hammers, had pliers bent and other stuff like that.

Most I've bought have been a bit better than described if anything but there's always those who spoil it for everyone.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 12:41:31 AM

Some sellers unfortunately do this, and then it affects the honest sellers. I have had to pass on a few older models because they didn't have good pictures. Their price was fair for a good or lightly used collectible, but too high for the possibility they were like my Matterhorn Plus or CT41, which were used as hammers, had pliers bent and other stuff like that.

Most I've bought have been a bit better than described if anything but there's always those who spoil it for everyone.
So far I've stuck with buying new from HH, Vic or K&T etc. or, from members here on the forum (since joining) for new/used.

I can't say I've ever been let down by either and Sos24 has just sold be a BNIB Mini Tool for £20, including shipping from the US!

(Only kidding Sherry, but I'm sure it'll be great  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

Maybe, I'll give fleabay a go someday but, the problem is they can't/won't ship to the UK due to our "unique" laws  :rant:

However, I'm sure it'll be great after Brexit, as we're now best buddies with Trump, but not so much the Chinese :dunno: :whistle:
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:50 AM
I picked up a Swisstool a couple years back for a good price second hand and it's a heck of a tool, miles apart from my wave, but I have one serious issue with it: The tools are too bloomin' hard to open! The blades/saw/file are fine, I can manage the phillips by opening the file and getting in front of it but the rest are uncomfortable at best and are best opened with the coke spoon cuticle pusher on my mini champ.

Anyone have any tips on how to make the tools easier to deploy?
I thought a stiff tool was good tool GF  :think: :whistle:
They don't like it up 'em!

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 01:17:39 AM
I thought a stiff tool was good tool GF  :think: :whistle:

Reliable, just too tough on the hands  :facepalm: :rofl:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%